The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injuries

+2
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Injuries Empty Injuries

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Oct - 1:56:28

Just listening to Dean Saunders interview and the most interesting bit for me is when he talks about the players in the sick bay..he says that there are too many in there but that they won't be there for long and that any who don't want to get themselves out of there will have to look for a new club..

Do we really have a large amount of players who have been pampered for too long and are only too happy to pick up a pay cheque without doing there bit for the team....if this is true then are they really any different to a certain Manchester City player who got into the news this week for all the wrong reasons...Dean said that significant injuries will be a thing of the past at this club....so what do people make of that..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Injuries Empty Re: Injuries

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 1 Oct - 2:00:52

i think it is a positive move for him to stamp his authority on things incidently Bri did you get chance to watch the warm up this time on Tuesday? . Which is the reason he wants less staff so he can keep an eye on it all
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Oct - 2:11:29

pkt_drfc wrote:i think it is a positive move for him to stamp his authority on things incidently Bri did you get chance to watch the warm up this time on Tuesday? . Which is the reason he wants less staff so he can keep an eye on it all

No didn't see it....i wonder which players he is alluding to, who do we have who are out injured..

Chambers , M Woods , Keegan , Bouhena , Spurr and Lockwood...anymore...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Oct - 2:18:43

Add Chris Brown to that list...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 1 Oct - 2:38:45

yorkie64red wrote:

No didn't see it....i wonder which players he is alluding to, who do we have who are out injured..

Chambers , M Woods , Keegan , Bouhena , Spurr and Lockwood...anymore...

Because you spend all your time in the pub. Anyway i think the players he is talking about who may be finding diff clubs are , Chambers, M Woods, And Lockwood
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Oct - 2:44:29

I do wonder if its his way of getting a message across to the team that the days of spending weeks or months in the sick bay are over..i think Chambers will be on his way , not sure about Martin Woods or Locky...i do think he might be quite ruthless maybe as soon as January when it comes to clearing the decks..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by thefullback Sat 1 Oct - 3:23:39

Don't forget back in Deans day it was the cold magic sponge that cured everything from a sprained ankle to a double fracture of the tibia. Sure could do with one now.
thefullback
thefullback
Pride Of Yorkshire

Location : Village east of HULL (and getting nearer the sea every year)

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 1 Oct - 5:16:04

I think there's more than an element of a political 'soundbite' here. I don't believe in rushing players back at this level...........the game has moved on in terms of pace , overall required fitness levels, strength etc.
However it makes a damn good excuse to move players on doesn't it. lol!
SO'D was NOT a fool and that's the implication here imo.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 1 Oct - 5:24:36

No-one's implying S'OD was a fool - more the opposite

But prior to Saunders we heard that Naylor couldn't play Sat/Tues, Stock wasn't fit for 90 minutes, Billy was a month away from featuring yet he played 25 minutes the same week and admits himself he won't know if he's fully fit until he starts a game.
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 1 Oct - 5:31:39

Perhaps SO'D was keeping his options open and his opponents in the dark........we will never know
Perhaps when you've had a horrendous injury list game after game he may have strayed over the verge of being over-cautious.
I just hope DS can sort out that side of it and perhaps I never implied that anyone called SO'D a fool but he may have been played for one knowing his trust in the players regarding their fitness. Could it be that some of them didn't have the stomach for a fight ?...........who knows.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 1 Oct - 5:46:15

I don't think he was played for a fool - he openly said at more than one forum about players not wanting surgery and being unable to make them have the necessary operations. Martis springs to mind. Now if you knew the ability to do your job that you are contracted to do (and paid very well for doing) depended on you getting fit ASAP and an operation would ensure that then surely you'd have the op. Maybe if it had been suggested to players in these situations that they would find it harder to break into the team the longer this went on then things might have been different

And so many people were so quick to blame the physio Rolling Eyes
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 1 Oct - 6:20:33

VixDRFC wrote:I don't think he was played for a fool - he openly said at more than one forum about players not wanting surgery and being unable to make them have the necessary operations. Martis springs to mind. Now if you knew the ability to do your job that you are contracted to do (and paid very well for doing) depended on you getting fit ASAP and an operation would ensure that then surely you'd have the op. Maybe if it had been suggested to players in these situations that they would find it harder to break into the team the longer this went on then things might have been different

And so many people were so quick to blame the physio Rolling Eyes

I think you're absolutely right on this one, perhaps some felt they had the divine right to have their happy jollydays and then recuperate in OUR time in the knowledge that due to injuries they could just 'pop' into the team at will.
Having ops in the weeks prior to the opening game was unforgiveable if it was unavoidable.
Perhaps SO'D did give them a tad too much control over their own fitness levels and on more than one occasion openly stated that the player decided when he was fit enough to fulfil his contractural obligations. There were 'supposed' experts at his disposal to decide from a neutral but professional level whether they had the required fitness levels (bodily) to meet those obligations.
If waould then be up to SO'D and RO'K to decide whether this/that player was ready mentally and would be useful for the game ahead.

Unfortunately as the Tevez affair showed the other day ; players have far to much control whilst happily pocketing obscene amounts of cash that inevitably comes from Directors, fans and of late banking institutions (bad debt) and the Inland Revenue (again us).
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by rabjohns Sat 1 Oct - 8:10:13

I'm not sure if Sean was a physio before he became a manager,but a player's long term health and welfare caused by an injury
seemed to be a main priorty of his, and rightly so.

rabjohns
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 2 Oct - 6:16:40

rabjohns wrote:I'm not sure if Sean was a physio before he became a manager,but a player's long term health and welfare caused by an injury
seemed to be a main priorty of his, and rightly so.

I agree that the players welfare is very important but there is a tilting point between the player deciding he is fit (without medical knowledge) and the advice of professionals. Come on , tell me a man who has never had 'man flu' for instance.
Btw they , unlike me, pick up a full wage when off sick for months on end. I still think there maybe an element of psychological 'hanging back' from some at times, you only have to look at the like's of Billy ; he heals quickly because he is desperate to play..............a state of mind that some others might not have ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down