The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRFC The Next Chapter

+3
Irish Contingent
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
7 posters

Go down

DRFC The Next Chapter Empty DRFC The Next Chapter

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 5 Oct - 20:29:49

The above title is NOT a dig at Doncaster i think we are all going to have to accept the face of DRFC is changing and for the GOOD in my opinion we are now attracting players of we could only dream of is this the DS effect i think NOT, MONEY talks i'm afraid and people of other forums can deny all they want that it is not Denis o'Brian but somebody like him has got the finacial clout to propell DRFC into the Premier league again just my opinion. I dont expect others to agree but this the way i see it. RTID

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Wed 5 Oct - 20:42:56; edited 1 time in total
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

DRFC The Next Chapter Empty Re: DRFC The Next Chapter

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 20:39:34

I can't begin to understand what is really going of at the club at the moment, it is less then 2 weeks ago that we woke up to find out that Sod had been replaced and since then the chain of events has been bizzare...something is deffo happening behind the scenes...that the long term strategy appears to be getting us promoted i think there is no doub't, by only signing players on short term contracts i would guess does not put the club in a precarious state if it doesen't come off...its interesting times but i would change the title of your thread to DRFC the next Chapter..its certainly making interesting reading and i can't wait to turn the page to see what is happening next... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 5 Oct - 20:43:16

Good idea title changed
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 20:44:04

pkt_drfc wrote:Good idea title changed

That looks better... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 5 Oct - 20:47:30

People keep looking at Companies House to try and determine whether its DO'B or A.N.Other. Whoever it is doesn't have to have a directorship, just simply be a benefactor.
I am not convinced there is anyone else involved, its not as if any major cash has changed hands for players. One a free agent,who has signed a 3 month deal to put himself "In shop window", at a probable salary of 5 -8 K a week. 1 loan from WHU who seemingly is on 33K a week, with WHU picking up the lions share of his wage whilst at DRFC, so again another 5-8K from DRFC. Potentially Piccione in on a similar deal . Any others that are being bandied around will be similarly funded. Potentially 5 loans with each around 8K a week, 40K a week in total, just over half a million for 3 months, 2 million for the season if all extended. JR, DW,TB etc would have that to pay , and more to IR unless the money earned from investments was reinvested. I reckon thats the size of it.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 20:47:48

pkt_drfc wrote:The above title is NOT a dig at Doncaster i think we are all going to have to accept the face of DRFC is changing and for the GOOD in my opinion we are now attracting players of we could only dream of is this the DS effect i think NOT, MONEY talks i'm afraid and people of other forums can deny all they want that it is not Denis o'Brian but somebody like him has got the finacial clout to propell DRFC into the Premier league again just my opinion. I dont expect others to agree but this the way i see it. RTID

Well i am sure that Rovers are well aware of the rich list and if it wasn't true then i am sure they would be asking 442 to have the name removed...not happened yet though..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Oct - 20:53:05

Now we know why JR's influence may and I stress MAY be waning. If indeed he is on board, this will make for very interesting times ahead, I just hope that it is a well balanced strategy that's all.
Pete was right though , we do have a different club, run by different folk however let's hope that we don't get lost in all this , become a 'feeder' team, completely disorganised by the 'comings and goings' of players etc.
Premiership at any cost ?................maybe not, we have to see what the cost will be first and why exactly all these folk are investing in a club with few assets and a small fanbase.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 20:56:48

hoolahoop wrote:Now we know why JR's influence may and I stress MAY be waning. If indeed he is on board, this will make for very interesting times ahead, I just hope that it is a well balanced strategy that's all.
Pete was right though , we do have a different club, run by different folk however let's hope that we don't get lost in all this , become a 'feeder' team, completely disorganised by the 'comings and goings' of players etc.
Premiership at any cost ?................maybe not, we have to see what the cost will be first and why exactly all these folk are investing in a club with few assets and a small fanbase.

Like irish said, i don't think alot of money has actually been spent thus far in bringing these players into the club...the short sharp shock treatment may just work..but if it dosen't then these players will simply return to where they have come from and we don't have expensive players on long deals to keep paying money to..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 5 Oct - 21:04:53

Well yes they are short term contracts/loans etc and the WHU players are getting the majority of their wages paid by their club and DS said Chimbonda is costing very little and we are still apparently trying to sign Diouff (who was contacting the club every 20 minutes on saturday to see how we were doing at peterborough). I bet we will still be paying £4-5k a week for EACH of the WHU players and even if Chimbonda isn't costing much i bet he's not far matching our highest earners at least, and Diouff will be commanding more then that in my opinion, so where is the money coming from? especially when the board have been pleading poverty and we had no funds left hence the 'loan star' appeal.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Oct - 21:21:02

No agents fees, only £5-8k a week ? I find that very hard to believe but I suppose we will never find out what if and why anything is really happening here .
Let events unfold , I have ALWAYS trusted JR to protect the club from any danger......until there is anything to the contrary that trust remains unbroken.
I wonder why the Blunts and Wendies failed so dismally to attract such investment though, we must have or will have something they want and want badly. If of course there is any validity to the rumours.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Oct - 21:25:57

hoolahoop wrote:No agents fees, only £5-8k a week ? I find that very hard to believe but I suppose we will never find out what if and why anything is really happening here .
Let events unfold , I have ALWAYS trusted JR to protect the club from any danger......until there is anything to the contrary that trust remains unbroken.
I wonder why the Blunts and Wendies failed so dismally to attract such investment though, we must have or will have something they want and want badly. If of course there is any validity to the rumours.

Large amounts of Debt....thats what both dee daa clubs had...we don't.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 5 Oct - 21:29:27

SkellowRover wrote:Well yes they are short term contracts/loans etc and the WHU players are getting the majority of their wages paid by their club and DS said Chimbonda is costing very little and we are still apparently trying to sign Diouff (who was contacting the club every 20 minutes on saturday to see how we were doing at peterborough). I bet we will still be paying £4-5k a week for EACH of the WHU players and even if Chimbonda isn't costing much i bet he's not far matching our highest earners at least, and Diouff will be commanding more then that in my opinion, so where is the money coming from? especially when the board have been pleading poverty and we had no funds left hence the 'loan star' appeal.

Read my take on it above. even if DRFC paid each player same as Billy( 10K aweek ) thats 50K a week, for 3 months ( 13 weeks) thats 650K, not a fortune in football world, not even in DRFC world. And if as i suspect the money is off set as a tax free investment, no one looses.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Oct - 21:37:02

Irish Contingent wrote:

Read my take on it above. even if DRFC paid each player same as Billy( 10K aweek ) thats 50K a week, for 3 months ( 13 weeks) thats 650K, not a fortune in football world, not even in DRFC world. And if as i suspect the money is off set as a tax free investment, no one looses.

True if it can be done as a 'tax free' investment but why has no other club gone down this road before or have they ? If they have , then why didn't we look at it when we were struggling for players earlier in the season.........was the Billy Sharp funding a test case on the feasibility of this strategy perhaps ? scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 5 Oct - 22:00:44

Irish Contingent wrote:

JR has been pleading poverty. Also various people at the club have stated that the player budget has all gone and we even had to have a 'loan star' appeal to get an 18 year old from Chelsea for a month!!!

Lalkovic
Parkin
Chimbonda
Illunga
Goulon
Piquionne

and possibly:
Diarra
Diouff
Gosling

If they all come (which seems quite possible) then thats 9 players in a short space of time that i think in total would command far more then £50k per week between then even if parent clubs pay the majority of wages for loan players, especially if you consider that the biggest 3 in terms of reputation will be being paid a full wage as they are free agents.

Our biggest money man TB is still refusing to invest into the club at this time so the money has got to be coming from somewhere, it will all come out in the wash soon enough and the sooner the better for me because all the speculation is getting way overboard. Hopefully JR will reveal a few things on Thursday night when he's on football heaven speaking to Seth about everything that has been going on.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 5 Oct - 22:22:11

Its fairly clear that Lalkovic and Parkin and possibly the Spurs lad will return from whence they came . A club can only name 5 loan players in a match day squad anyway, so would not anticipate any loans this side of January other than Illunga, Piquionne, Gosling. Chimbonda has signed, and according to DRFC is costing next to nothing. Goulon will be a permanent signing, as will Diouf. For those who will seek permanent transfer salary wont exceed Billy Sharp salary, after all 10K a week is many times better than nil K a week. So thats 6 players , one more than i quoted, not a big difference money spent wise really.
Ryan will say tonight basically what i said earlier, no investor at all just a re think of how DRFC directors channel money around.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 6 Oct - 3:36:23

Irish Contingent wrote:Its fairly clear that Lalkovic and Parkin and possibly the Spurs lad will return from whence they came . A club can only name 5 loan players in a match day squad anyway, so would not anticipate any loans this side of January other than Illunga, Piquionne, Gosling. Chimbonda has signed, and according to DRFC is costing next to nothing. Goulon will be a permanent signing, as will Diouf. For those who will seek permanent transfer salary wont exceed Billy Sharp salary, after all 10K a week is many times better than nil K a week. So thats 6 players , one more than i quoted, not a big difference money spent wise really.
Ryan will say tonight basically what i said earlier, no investor at all just a re think of how DRFC directors channel money around.

I hope we don't lose the MOM from last week (Parkin), probably the 2 most exciting young players I have seen in many a year in a Rovers shirt (Mason & Lalkovic) just to accomodate overpaid short-term prospects that don't carry any guarantees. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Thu 6 Oct - 4:39:09

I think the reason the 2 youngsters will return is purely because DRFC will have no chance of making permanent. Parkin was / is a loan to cover Chris Brown, so when he is back i see no need of Parkin.

The Loanees coming in........ DRFC have every chance of making permanent. As for guarentees ..........Ryan will give those.........in abundance.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 6 Oct - 5:35:21

i would sooner have parkin any day than brown

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Thu 6 Oct - 6:13:07

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other Dave. DRFC already own CB, why pay more out to another to do similar job, irrespective of anyones preference.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 6 Oct - 7:20:30

Sit back and enjoy whats to come

DRFC The Next Chapter Rollercoaster
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 6 Oct - 8:19:07

i must admit these are the most exiting times i have ever seen at the rovers

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 6 Oct - 8:58:03

the vicar wrote:i must admit these are the most exiting times i have ever seen at the rovers

I'll second that... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 6 Oct - 19:31:11

Well i will miss JR's interview tonight as i am going to Lee Evans at Sheffield Arena i am sure my fellow supporters will let me know if anything important is said Bri, Vikki please you both have my number
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 6 Oct - 19:46:17

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i will miss JR's interview tonight as i am going to Lee Evans at Sheffield Arena i am sure my fellow supporters will let me know if anything important is said Bri, Vikki please you both have my number

You want us to ring you in the middle of the show... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 6 Oct - 19:50:37

No text me show starts at 7:00 so if you can just let me know what is said please
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down