The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth

+9
yorkie64red
NorthRed
MR NEGATIVE
NIGHTMARE
SkellowRover
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
Dagenham Rover
VixDRFC
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Truth Empty The Truth

Post by VixDRFC Fri 21 Oct - 17:54:37

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2051618/What-agent-Willie-McKay-doing-Doncaster-Rovers.html

Well finally its out in the open and its pretty much as Nightmare said a few weeks ago. Really not sure what to make of it
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

The Truth Empty Re: The Truth

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 21 Oct - 18:16:55

Wow!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Oct - 19:02:06

Jeez this is unique but will it work for us continually reshaping our team and what about those on 'solid' contracts who may have to make way for these 'troubled and homeless' superstars ?
Interesting times ahead that's for sure if just a tad more than choppy waters initially whilst this all swings into action come January.
Now we have to WIN games or the whole scheme will fall apart at the seams.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 Oct - 19:11:22

As i have said in previous posts strap yourself in it is going to be a exciting ride. cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Oct - 19:16:50

pkt_drfc wrote:As i have said in previous posts strap yourself in it is going to be a exciting ride. cheers

It's certainly a different take on things Pete and yes very very interesting. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 21 Oct - 23:53:05

I told you it would all be revealed soon. McKay approached the club regarding this a in septamber and was the 'investor' but wouldn't do it while SoD was manager as i said as SoD would have nothing to do with it so wanted his own man DS.
Rovers agreed to seeing if there would be a breach of regulations with the FA but had no intention of getting rid of SoD until SoD met with JR and basically said he had done all he could for the club and would struggle to keep us up, so JR called and emergency meeting with DW and they decided to put SoD on gardening leave and take McKay up on his offer of investment.
My feeling on it are 2 fold. One one hand i'm very excited about the quality of players we are going to be watching but on the other hand i am worried about the affect on the dressing room and fielding players that have no feelings towards the club other then us being a stepping stone to better things in the short term.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 22 Oct - 6:33:12

Well it is all out in the open now so make of what you will but the fact is we have got him for the next 2 years there nothing you can do about it . IMO will it damage the club i will say NO but as said my opinion
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 22 Oct - 6:44:00

I think its all going to come down to how we handle the existing players. Otherwise we could end up with no McKay and a reputation which will make it very hard to sign anyone else
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 22 Oct - 7:33:59

VixDRFC wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2051618/What-agent-Willie-McKay-doing-Doncaster-Rovers.html

Well finally its out in the open and its pretty much as Nightmare said a few weeks ago. Really not sure what to make of it

Wink

Tell all your VSC buddies if they want exclusives on all things Rovers a full 24 days before the daily mail this is the place to be https://yorkshire.forumotion.com/t5341-nightmare Laughing Laughing Laughing

NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 22 Oct - 7:38:46

Lol don't post on their much only today i posted 3 times i think
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 22 Oct - 8:14:16

NIGHTMARE wrote:

Wink

Tell all your VSC buddies if they want exclusives on all things Rovers a full 24 days before the daily mail this is the place to be https://yorkshire.forumotion.com/t5341-nightmare Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol! lol!

Will do but they're not our buddies
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 22 Oct - 8:15:59

Fellow rovers fans then is that better Wink
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 22 Oct - 8:59:47

fair play nightmare.
whats your take on it all
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sat 22 Oct - 9:03:42

Nightmare will be dead against it, he's dead against everything lol!! Nightmare that 13th place is looking well hope your taking care of that kidney!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 22 Oct - 9:08:24

NorthRed wrote:Nightmare will be dead against it, he's dead against everything lol!! Nightmare that 13th place is looking well hope your taking care of that kidney!!

Bad news pal ive been took off the donor list, due to high lead levels in mi blood
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sat 22 Oct - 9:15:50

I quite like lead!! And I'm good at operations!! Jobs a good un!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 22 Oct - 16:27:30

MR NEGATIVE wrote:fair play nightmare.
whats your take on it all

I'm not sure i really understand it all, and how it'll work, so due to that can't really form an opinion, but what i can do is tell you the answer i got from the person who told me about this when i asked him the exact same thing,

I think it will kill them to be honest, having grown up around football, and worked as a manager, i know quite a bit about how all this signing players works, and it's mostly in the hands of agents,
when Willie steps in there will be players at the club under different agents, in his time at the club these players will need new contracts and there is no way in this world are other agents going to deal with him. so they will take there player to a new club or ditch the player and let willie take the rains, before you know it all the players at the club will be from willies stable how then do you get rid of Willie if it don't work out because he can return all his players to the clubs they belong, or hold the club to ransome for the players he works for knowing he can charge what he want's because they have no other players , or leave Donny without a contracted player, therefore no club,
he'll have the club by the Bollox it's now his club, and he don't even own it,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Oct - 7:31:30

Well heres the reply I've put on the vsc and is in truth my thoughts

Whether we agree or not I've got faith in JR to know what he's doing, it appears to be a 2 year plan initially, year 1 keep us in the championship, year 2 try to look at promotion.
At the end what have we got to lose, on paper as such it seems to be a bloody sensible way of moving forward, given the crowd base etc, in practice well.......wait and see and for christs sake give the manager and the buisness plan a chance!

Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic.
Note: BBcode and smileys are still usable.
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 23 Oct - 7:40:47

I agree Daggers i know today is dissapointing but we are 1/4 through the season i firmly believe in what you have said. cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Oct - 7:46:16

Blimey a young whippersnapper agreeing with an old git Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 23 Oct - 7:49:29

Dagenham Rover wrote:Blimey a young whippersnapper agreeing with an old git Shocked

First time for everything Daggers. Oh and thank you for the young comment. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Sun 23 Oct - 7:55:59; edited 1 time in total
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Oct - 7:55:23

pkt_drfc wrote:

First time for everything Daggers. Oh and thakyou for the young comment. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shame you didn't learn to spell at skool lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 23 Oct - 7:56:44

Edited cheers for the heads up Teacher. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Oct - 7:59:23

pkt_drfc wrote:Edited cheers for the heads up Teacher. Laughing

Too late now its there for all to see Laughing Laughing Laughing

I take it its a bottle of Teachers that made the initial mistake Razz
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 23 Oct - 8:46:01

NIGHTMARE wrote:

I'm not sure i really understand it all, and how it'll work, so due to that can't really form an opinion, but what i can do is tell you the answer i got from the person who told me about this when i asked him the exact same thing,

I think it will kill them to be honest, having grown up around football, and worked as a manager, i know quite a bit about how all this signing players works, and it's mostly in the hands of agents,
when Willie steps in there will be players at the club under different agents, in his time at the club these players will need new contracts and there is no way in this world are other agents going to deal with him. so they will take there player to a new club or ditch the player and let willie take the rains, before you know it all the players at the club will be from willies stable how then do you get rid of Willie if it don't work out because he can return all his players to the clubs they belong, or hold the club to ransome for the players he works for knowing he can charge what he want's because they have no other players , or leave Donny without a contracted player, therefore no club,
he'll have the club by the Bollox it's now his club, and he don't even own it,

That really is a scary scenario Nightmare..if fact it could live upto your username a Nightmare...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next