The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Scholes

3 posters

Go down

Paul Scholes Empty Paul Scholes

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 8 Jan - 23:22:54

Has come out of retirement.

Paul Scholes comes out of retirement at Manchester United

Paul Scholes has come out of retirement and will play for Manchester United until the end of the season.

The former England midfielder, 37, retired at the end of last season and has been coaching at United.

But he has been persuaded to help United through their injury crisis and is on the bench for Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie at Manchester City.

Scholes said: "I'm delighted the manager feels I can still make a contribution to the team."

The veteran midfielder spent his entire career at Old Trafford and made his debut in the League Cup in 1994.

Scholes went on to win 10 Premier League titles and two Champions League trophies in a glittering domestic career.

The Premier League champions are beset by injury concerns in midfield, with Darren Fletcher ruled out for the rest of the season with a bowel condition and Tom Cleverley still struggling with an ankle problem.

Scholes, who made just 16 Premier League starts for United last season, made what was thought to be his final appearance in United's 3-1 defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League final in May.

He added: "I've been pretty clear since I stopped playing that I miss it.

"I'm looking forward to playing my part in trying to bring more success to this great club."

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson feels Scholes, who quit international football in 2004 after winning 66 England caps, retired too soon.

"It's fantastic that Paul has made this decision," said Ferguson. "It's always sad to see great players end their careers, but especially so when they do it early.

"But he has kept himself in great shape and I always felt that he had another season in him. It's terrific to have him back."

Scholes will use the squad number 22 after Ashley Young took over his iconic number 18 at the start of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16460340.stm
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Paul Scholes Empty Re: Paul Scholes

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Jan - 23:55:56

C'mon City...hammer the feckers... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Jan - 0:14:34

Never a Red...we all know who the Ref wants to win...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 9 Jan - 1:20:41

yorkie64red wrote:Never a Red...we all know who the Ref wants to win...

Laughing

yep no prizes for guessing who his money is on
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down