The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Button wants to stay...

Go down

Button wants to stay... Empty Button wants to stay...

Post by yorkie64red Tue 17 Jan - 21:27:06

SPURS’ keeper David Button is hoping to extend his loan spell at Doncaster Rovers beyond the end of the month.

“I’m enjoying it at Doncaster because I’m playing games which is why I came here, “ said the 22 year-old shot-stopper.

“The two Championship games I’ve played against Barnsley and Cardiff have both being positive experiences and we’ve kept clean sheets in both. Obviously we had a disappointing result against Notts County in the FA Cup, but we bounced back well against Cardiff.

“It was quite an game for a goalless draw. I f anyone was going to score a winner it would be us and their keeper made an outstanding save from El Hadji Diouf.”

Button, who made his senior Spurs’ debut as an unused sub in the Premier League club’s 5-1 Carling Cup win over Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium in the 2009-10 season, has played at a number of Football League clubs on loan, including a spell at League One Leyton Orient earlier this season, but had never previously played at Championship level before arriving at the Keepmoat at the start of the year.

“It’s a great league and there are a lot of good teams so it is always going to he hard, “ he said. “But I think I’m good enough to deal with it and hopefully now that I’m playing at a level which is going to challenge me I can start showing how good I am.”

He added: “It’s a lot different here to Leyton. There are a lot more quality players here - you can tell that in training.

“You also get better defenders in front of you and it helps having the likes of Habib Beye and Sam Hird (at centre-back), who were both excellent on Saturday, and Adam Lockwood, because they all have experience which I can draw on.

“It’s important for a keeper joining a club to quickly get to know everything about the back-four such as their strengths and weaknesses.

“But they have been outstanding in the two league games I’ve played and when you’ve got good players in front of you it makes it easier.”

All three games that Button has played for Rovers have been at home but he now faces back-to-back away games, starting with Saturday’s visit to Bristol City.

“It will be a different experience for me during my time at Rovers and I expect to be a bit more busy than I was on Saturday - when I mainly had to deal with crosses and make a few kicks,” he said. “ But hopefully I will get the chance to show what I can do and help the team out.

“I’ve never played at Ashton Gate in the league but I played there for England Under-17s.

“It is going to be tough, but after Saturday’s performance we’ll be going in a positive frame of mind looking to pick up a win.

“Obviously they are going to be up for it as well. They are scrapping down near the bottom with us so it’s going to be a big game for both clubs.”

If Rovers are to win they will have to improve their record of 11 defeats in 13 Championship games: “Our away record is something we’ve got to address but hopefully we’ll start picking up more away points.

“Everyone in the squad is confident that we can pull away from the bottom three; we just need to string a run of results together and to do that we need to be a bit more difficult to beat away from home.

“I don’t think that we are a bottom three team. I am surprised how good the team have been in the league games I’ve played.

“Looking at the league position when I first came I was expecting them to be a bit worse (than is the case).

“So I’ve been pleasantly surprise by how good everyone is and how strong the squad is.”

from Sheffield Star...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down