The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Test Of The Season......

+2
donnyroversfc
SkellowRover
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Biggest Test Of The Season...... Empty Biggest Test Of The Season......

Post by SkellowRover Sun 2 Sep - 3:13:44

And we get completely outplayed. We were truley awful and looked like a side that had no ideas, we didn't even deserve the one we got. Nevermind some will be happy that a good 45 minutes in a cup match when it was Rob Jones that fired them up at half time not our manager is all that matters. Is Dean 'Ramsey' Saunders is out of his depth and clueless or are the players tired or "insert different excuse"? never mind the poor little mites have a fortnight off now to rest their sore and aching limbs Shocked
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Biggest Test Of The Season...... Empty Re: Biggest Test Of The Season......

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 4:15:01

Be careful... This forum has already been accused of having an agenda. You don't want to attract all the uber positive people on here, telling you that you're wrong and you should go support someone else.

I didn't expect us to win, and we didn't... I can't afford to go, so i never.

I don't expect anything from the rovers anymore anyway. We are shit. We will stay shit.

Have patience though. Patience. Patience. Patience. Buzzword, patience.

Surely you are ecstatic though, yes? TERRIFIC! We've turned down a bid for a player don't forget. We are stunning!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 6:01:47

You went then did you? Completely outplayed!! Don't be daft.
Why didn't jones carry out the heroic half time team talk today then? Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 6:05:10

The only thing that counts in all this bolloxx, is the result. We lost.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 6:07:02

Yes we lost. End of the world isn't it? Show me a side that doesn't lose a game?

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 6:42:52

No, the end of the world is sometime in December, cock.

The mayans predicted it... Unfortunately my predictions are better than theirs, and you'll be paying my choice of charity £20 at the end of the season unfortunately.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 6:45:41

I'll make it £200 if you want. We won't be nowhere near relegation mo chance

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 7:12:45

dickos1 wrote:I'll make it £200 if you want. We won't be nowhere near relegation mo chance

Do you think i'm really going to up it, when i'm skint? It's £20 we both agreed... (i'm still as sure as i was when i made the bet).

It's very early in the season... The real positions will come to light once the season has properly got going... We will drop like a stone... Hope we don't, but we will.

Oh and please don't qoute any of my posts from here onto the VSC please... I can't respond so it's hardly fair.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 2 Sep - 8:29:28

dickos1 wrote:You went then did you? Completely outplayed!! Don't be daft.
Why didn't jones carry out the heroic half time team talk today then? Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

You sweet cheeks are a cock of the highest order because you think you are right and everyone else is wrong all the time.

Yes we got beat by a better team today and deserved nothing, they had more possesion and twice as many shots for starters. Did you even go as you said Jones never went up front on the VSC forums? When he did.

And yes Rob Jones gave a stirring half time team talk against Hull, ask your 'next door neighbour player friend' as they will back that up.

Dickos by name and nature unless someone agrees with you.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 8:50:54

Don't... He'll start another thread Wink
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 9:50:14

Ha ha calm down you'll give yourself a stroke sweet cheeks.
Yes I went therefore have an idea on how the game panned out,
not someone else quoting possession stats and attempts on goal as though they actually mean something.
So what if jones spoke at half time, well done to Saunders for letting him.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 2 Sep - 9:53:06

I'm calm, you're the one getting all flustered copying and pasting threads from here onto the VSC looking for backup Laughing
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 10:00:17

Backup??? Was just in disbelief that you were implying Saunders plays no part in our victories but it's all his fault when we lose.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 2 Sep - 10:10:25

Haha if you say so Dicko's, can't you post on here when you are in 'disbelief'? then Laughing
We're you on so much disbelief that you needed otherts on the VSC to be in disbelief with you?
Get over yourself, we deserved to lose, have been crap performance wise in all SIX matches this season apart from 45 minutes and have a manager that isn't upto the job. Now if me saying your dad isn't upto the job upsets you then boo hoo.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 2 Sep - 10:30:59

Not many people read this so I just needed to show people what goes off.
Your opinion doesn't upset me, it's just laughable and proves the point that he can't do nothing right for some people.
6 crap performances of which we've won 4 of them. Hilarious. With a thread bare squad and made 8 very good signings. But yep he's not upto it.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Mon 3 Sep - 0:58:53

SkellowRover wrote: Nevermind some will be happy that a good 45 minutes in a cup match when it was Rob Jones that fired them up at half time not our manager is all that matters.

Personally, I don`t see the problem with the Captain, or any other player for that matter trying to get his team mates fired up. It`s only a problem to some one when they appear to have an agenda to peddle, Skellow, you have said things numerous times without substantiating any of it, preferring to come out with the line that you`re not prepared to compromise your source (nice soundbite eh?), is it any wonder people treat your remarks with contempt?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 2:26:49

If Rob Jones has taken a team talk... Then he is quite within his right. He's the captain afterall (and i'm sure Stock/Lockwood have took many).

I am fed up of hearing about agenda's and negatives and all that bolloxx!! It's peoples own opinions. You know what i expect from this season, so don't be qouting me, when i can't reply...

What i will say, is that Skellow's source is apparently spot on... Hoola knows the source, i ain't questioning his source... He knows more than most.

I always go on my own opinions and thoughts... It's been correct so far.

Talking of people treating comments with contempt... What about dickos trying to point score with other forums? He laughs every other opinion off (hypocritical of me, i know)... I'm trying to behave online, so i wont say anything else with this comment.

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 2:44:07

Not disputing the source, but don't understand the significance of a captain speaking at half time. I'm certain the source is correct, but so what??

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 2:49:10

dickos1 wrote:Not disputing the source, but don't understand the significance of a captain speaking at half time. I'm certain the source is correct, but so what??

I'm saying the same... Not a problem with the captain saying more than his peice at HT... You are just picking out that one comment though.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Sep - 3:53:11

Stopi it the pair of you ffs .................Dickos don't use quotes on other fora that the poster obviously can't defend, donnyroversfc stop rising to the bait too. The pair of you are stifling any meaningful debate on this forum and quite clearly for the sake of all other users ; THAT IS NOT ON!!
Grow up debate properly, use reasonable arguments and that doesn't mean inferring that folk have ''hidden agenda'' etc.
ALL and I mean ALL the posters on this sub forum want and need our team to succeed and any inference to the contrary is clearly disdainful to Rovers fanatics on here and to answer a point raised earlier Skellow has an excellent source believe me.
As a final point it is my opinion (choke) that we will struggle to get in the top 6 this season from what I've seen so far.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 4:26:34

I'm picking out that one comment because that's the only problem I had with what he said. Hoola there was only one person that was name calling and going ott but I see you've refrained from including him in the telling off.
Doncasterroversfc has hardly even commented on the topic, harsh on him.
I suppose by using reasonable arguements you mean its only acceptable to be negative? I never said anything about hidden agendas, and can't see anything wrong with my arguement, also don't start telling me what I can and can't do and grow up. Nothing I've said was out of order, just your mate, god only knows what a telling off I'd get if I called someone a cock or a dick. What does it say at the top about swearing??...

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Sep - 4:36:08

dickos1 wrote:I'm picking out that one comment because that's the only problem I had with what he said. Hoola there was only one person that was name calling and going ott but I see you've refrained from including him in the telling off.
Doncasterroversfc has hardly even commented on the topic, harsh on him.
I suppose by using reasonable arguements you mean its only acceptable to be negative? I never said anything about hidden agendas, and can't see anything wrong with my arguement, also don't start telling me what I can and can't do and grow up. Nothing I've said was out of order, just your mate, god only knows what a telling off I'd get if I called someone a cock or a dick. What does it say at the top about swearing??...

dickos don't get all big on me, it's very obvious that I've asked both of you to rein it in . What part of that didn't you understand and don't force me to drag out every occasion when you have either mentioned or inferred agendas in your posts .
Anymore of this bickering and I will merely warn you both and start to delete daft posts after discussions with my fellow moderator.
I'm not with you or against you , I merely demand that you stop it...........it's boring the backteeth of many other posters hence the 5 pm's I have received on the matter over the last 5 days. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 4:37:46

Don't be warning me... I've done nothing wrong as far as i can see. scratch
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 4:41:11

Not getting 'big' on you hoola but I think your out of order. Imagine your response if I started swearing and abusing people on here. But I'm not your mate so I guess that's why he gets away with it..

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 3 Sep - 8:46:53

Is dickos Carling in desguise?
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next