The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Dear

+2
Shem_Swfc
Dagenham Rover
6 posters

Go down

Oh Dear Empty Oh Dear

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 13 Dec - 5:05:16

Need I say more Embarassed
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Oh Dear Empty Re: Oh Dear

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 13 Dec - 5:08:27

Nope you don't.

Sick of losing. Sick of Laws.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 13 Dec - 5:09:21

Dagenham Rover wrote:Need I say more Embarassed

Indeed there are big problems there now, can they cLAW themselves out of the relegation zone with the 'numpty' they have in charge ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 13 Dec - 5:10:57

I wish we would get Howard Wilkinson and McCauley in charge. Long balls down the wings and wingers latching onto them, crossing into the area for a big guy, and goal. Thats what it was like with Wilko in charge.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 13 Dec - 6:13:22

Shem, Wilkinson is NOT the answer. The guy got us promoted to the top flight 25 bloody years ago. He belongs to a different footballing generation. It was clear when he took Sunderland down from the Premier League that he was finished.

I've continually advocated on Laws' behalf on here, saying that there are no better alternatives available to us. And while I remain unconvinced that any other manager could get more out of this hapless bunch of players that we're stuck with, it's becoming clear that something, ANYTHING, needs to be done to bring a fresh approach. Laws has more or less admitted in his post-match today that morale is shattered, and that the players are not playing for him. Change now seems inevitable. The situation just seems entirely hopeless.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sun 13 Dec - 6:23:36

I don't like commenting on games I haven't attended, but it's getting stupid now. I won't comment on the players who did play, but it's ridiculous the players who didn't play. Soares and Feeney are here for a month. In four games neither has started, and Feeney has been on the pitch for about 10 minutes (and looked up for it). Both are (through no fault of their own) turning out to be a complete waste of money that we don't have. Maybe Laws is expecting to be sacked so is using up our money to make it as difficult as possible for Mr Strafford?

Also, I just cannot understand why Etienne Esajas is never in the team. He played against Reading, and was admittedly poor but so were the rest of the players. Next game Johnson is brough back and Esajas is left on the bench. Now I have no probelm with Johnson playing, but Esajas doesn't deserve this disgraceful treatment. Today Johnson is brought off after 35 minutes, but instead of playing Esajas, Laws brings on 35-year-old Michael Gray.

Rant over.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Dec - 6:27:14

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Shem, Wilkinson is NOT the answer. The guy got us promoted to the top flight 25 bloody years ago. He belongs to a different footballing generation. It was clear when he took Sunderland down from the Premier League that he was finished.

I've continually advocated on Laws' behalf on here, saying that there are no better alternatives available to us. And while I remain unconvinced that any other manager could get more out of this hapless bunch of players that we're stuck with, it's becoming clear that something, ANYTHING, needs to be done to bring a fresh approach. Laws has more or less admitted in his post-match today that morale is shattered, and that the players are not playing for him. Change now seems inevitable. The situation just seems entirely hopeless.

Well if Laws is talking like that then it seems change is inevitable Dan, the problem they have is that unless he walks of his own accord then the Club are going to have to pay him off, money they can ill afford and then find a replacement and who are they going to get who can do any better then they have now with very limited resources behind him. Oh Dear Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 13 Dec - 6:40:03

yorkie64red wrote:

Well if Laws is talking like that then it seems change is inevitable Dan, the problem they have is that unless he walks of his own accord then the Club are going to have to pay him off, money they can ill afford and then find a replacement and who are they going to get who can do any better then they have now with very limited resources behind him. Oh Dear Icon_scratch

Personally I think it's far too early to write either Wednesday or Laws off, I saw enough at the KMS to suggest that they can sort their act out. Of course only time can tell and I think that is the one thing that Laws' lacks. I am bemused how such a big team/club has got itself in such a bloody mess both on and off the pitch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down