The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fergie declares interest

+6
Barnsleytilidie
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
wxm owl
MR NEGATIVE
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Empty Re: Fergie declares interest

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 7:45:51

The Wednesday wrote:

Feeney's already been sent back to Cardiff, keep up will ya.

I did say half decent Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_biggrin. Nigel Worthington is not the man.

But if he's cheap he might just be the man you'll get. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 4 Jan - 7:50:04

yorkie64red wrote:

But if he's cheap he might just be the man you'll get. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I agree we'll go for the cheapest option, however the cheapest option is Sean McAuley Sleep
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 4 Jan - 7:50:44

The Wednesday wrote:

Feeney's already been sent back to Cardiff, keep up will ya.
Definitely not that would be like putting your head in a noose, building the scaffold and saying ''I'm ready come and get me Div.1''.

I did say half decent Very Happy. Nigel Worthington is not the man.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 4 Jan - 10:21:39

The Wednesday wrote:Exactly, but there is no-one out there. Anyone half decent is obviously already at a club, and we don't have the money to pay off anyone's contract. Sean McAuley is not the man to take Sheffield Wednesday forward.

Correct. Hearing Lee Strafford speak has always reassured me so far, and his New Year message to the fans was largely no different. But hearing him say that a new manager would not be in place until the investment situation was sorted worried me, given that even by his estimation, that will not be until near the end of January. We desperately need a new boss, and quickly.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Mon 4 Jan - 10:32:30

It surely makes the transfer window rather restricted if there's no m,anager involved.

Hope it gets sorted soon and whoever it is gets you away from the danger zone.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 10:34:23

LuckyGirl wrote:It surely makes the transfer window rather restricted if there's no m,anager involved.

Hope it gets sorted soon and whoever it is gets you away from the danger zone.

i really do think they are in the shit, they need a manager soon or it really will be too late. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 19:11:17

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 4 Jan - 20:18:26

lol! lol! I see the Sun journos have been on the Wendies fans sites over Xmas when they had nothing to do! If Shearer goes there I would be very surprised, they can't offer him the money he earns from his telly appearances never mind the fact that he still wants Newcastle to come calling.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 20:25:25

East Yorks Rover wrote:Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Lol Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Lol I see the Sun journos have been on the Wendies fans sites over Xmas when they had nothing to do! If Shearer goes there I would be very surprised, they can't offer him the money he earns from his telly appearances never mind the fact that he still wants Newcastle to come calling.

Yes but your forgetting the investment, i mean they are getting some arn't they.. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 4 Jan - 20:42:04

It is taking as long to get that as it is to get my expenses out of a company I finished with two months ago! At least I know the company exists, the Wendies only have imaginary investors, a bit like like imaginary friends... Shocked Laughing
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Mon 4 Jan - 20:42:46

Or are they living in cloud cuckoo land? This 'investment' has been 'imminent' for longer than there has been a manager vacancy.

How many weeks without a manager now? It suggests nobody wants to go there, which is sad for the fans but not that surprising.

Somebody should do something, the players deem to have lost interest altogether. Sheffield deserves better.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 20:57:47

LuckyGirl wrote:Or are they living in cloud cuckoo land? This 'investment' has been 'imminent' for longer than there has been a manager vacancy.

How many weeks without a manager now? It suggests nobody wants to go there, which is sad for the fans but not that surprising.

Somebody should do something, the players deem to have lost interest altogether. Sheffield deserves better.

They should have kept Laws, he certainly didn't do any worse then what they are doing now, i really can't see who they will get who will do any better with the constraints that they have to work with, its not really the managers fault that they are skint, i don't understand why any investment where wednesday are concerned is clothed in secrecy, other clubs have had investers coming in and it was usually common knowledge who they were before they invested, like Notts County, i also can't see why it is such an attractive proposition yes they do have a large fan base but 25 million debt is one hell of a lot of money and Wednesday probably need to go through administration to clear it, and if that means a season or two in League one then that might be the best option for the club in the long term.its just a fact of life. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 4 Jan - 21:24:48

I don't know about transparency, Derby had some dodgy Panamanian company running them for a while, supporter directors managed to put (I think it was) two into jail for financial jiggery pokery, Notts County didn't really know who the investors were and Leeds have still not told people who the real money is going to/coming from either. There is too much smoke and mirrors about in football finance, and I suspect some very dodgy money coming in from the Middle East/ Asia and the Arabic countries. How long will it be before it is found out that drug money is being laundered through football clubs? Maybe it is already here.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jan - 21:28:44

East Yorks Rover wrote:I don't know about transparency, Derby had some dodgy Panamanian company running them for a while, supporter directors managed to put (I think it was) two into jail for financial jiggery pokery, Notts County didn't really know who the investors were and Leeds have still not told people who the real money is going to/coming from either. There is too much smoke and mirrors about in football finance, and I suspect some very dodgy money coming in from the Middle East/ Asia and the Arabic countries. How long will it be before it is found out that drug money is being laundered through football clubs? Maybe it is already here.

You may well be right there. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 4 Jan - 22:29:09

yorkie64red wrote:I also can't see why it is such an attractive proposition yes they do have a large fan base but 25 million debt is one hell of a lot of money and Wednesday probably need to go through administration to clear it, and if that means a season or two in League one then that might be the best option for the club in the long term.its just a fact of life.

Lee Strafford has said repeatedly, that in his opinion, administration is not an option. At present, the club own both Hillsborough and the training ground at Middlewood, and that in itself gives Wednesday an edge over several other clubs seeking investment that no not have assets. Such assets would undoubtedly be lost to creditors if the club went into administration.

We've been dealt so many broken promises in recent years, it can be hard to keep faith. But Lee Strafford has no personal agenda at Sheffield Wednesday. The man is working his socks off to fix our club, and not taking a penny for it. His latest word is that he hopeful that the negotations with the current group of interested investors will be concluded one way or another within a matter of weeks. Worst case scenario, said investors lose interest, and we carry on looking. I have no reason not to believe him, and I'm still trusting him to get the job done. And frankly, if I didn't, I would be like so many of those cynical types over on Owlstalk constantly moaning, and I'm not sure I could get out of bed every day with such pessimism.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 4 Jan - 23:44:30

Good luck Dan. I am not hopeful for big money coming into Wednesday, because no big money is going anywhere at the moment. Strafford seems to be well intentioned, but unable to shift the world's economy to suit Sheff. Wednesday. No blame for him, but it does leave the club with a big (25 million) problem, I hope that it doesn't leave the club short of players and relegated at the end of the season (just below us of course!!).
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jan - 0:33:10

Just heard on Radio Sheffield that Paul Sturrock is interested in making a return to Sheffield Wednesday and that he would love the chance to help save the club from its current plight.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jan - 5:17:12

Well, it seems Shearer is not going to be your new manager, not that i think anyone took the story seriously.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/8440177.stm
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 5 Jan - 5:23:56

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Lee Strafford has said repeatedly, that in his opinion, administration is not an option. At present, the club own both Hillsborough and the training ground at Middlewood, and that in itself gives Wednesday an edge over several other clubs seeking investment that no not have assets. Such assets would undoubtedly be lost to creditors if the club went into administration.

Be careful such assets may no longer be assets if the wrong people invest/takeover Shocked
Just trying to brighten your day Exclamation
Seriously hopefully all will come good in the end for you
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 5 Jan - 9:10:37

yorkie64red wrote:Just heard on Radio Sheffield that Paul Sturrock is interested in making a return to Sheffield Wednesday and that he would love the chance to help save the club from its current plight.

As much as that would delight me on a purely sentimental level, it's not the right appointment, what with his health issues (he's still suffering from Parkinsons). Besides, I wouldn't wish our current situation upon him. Long live the King!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Wed 6 Jan - 9:49:00

Well he's going to Preston.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 6 Jan - 22:05:36

The Wednesday wrote:Well he's going to Preston.

Yep, done deal. I sincerely hope that we are not regretting that come the end of the season.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 7 Jan - 1:07:02

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Yep, done deal. I sincerely hope that we are not regretting that come the end of the season.

Shame for you , he would have probably been the right man to start pulling you out of this mess. Seems he wasn't approached or thought his future would be more secure with a bigger club. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 7 Jan - 1:13:10

hoolahoop wrote:

Shame for you , he would have probably been the right man to start pulling you out of this mess. Seems he wasn't approached or thought his future would be more secure with a bigger club. Fergie declares interest - Page 2 Icon_wink

It does make you wonder that although people might be applying for the position at wednesday once they see the state financially that the club is in there interest cools and they walk away.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 7 Jan - 1:18:35

yorkie64red wrote:

It does make you wonder that although people might be applying for the position at wednesday once they see the state financially that the club is in there interest cools and they walk away.

It certainly would worry me in that position ; what do you do and what do you do it with and can you keep anybody happy. For most managers this job would be a poisoned chalice and could harm rather than enhance their managerial career.
Whoever takes the job has to have...........dos grandes cojones! Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2