The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now You Have Got A New Manager

+2
Dan_the_Owl
NIGHTMARE
6 posters

Go down

Now You Have Got A New Manager Empty Now You Have Got A New Manager

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 9 Jan - 4:50:10

Or as it still not sunk in

For weeks and weeks you wanted Laws out thinking you could attract someone better

For the last 3 week you have been spouting names like Ferguson Robins O'Driscoll Coppell and Warknock and now you have ended up with a bloke who took a team with better players then yours to within a few points of your shower .

is it starting to sink in now ?

THE ONLY BLOKE WHO WANTED THE JOB
IS NO BETTER THEN THE ONE YOU HAD
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Now You Have Got A New Manager Empty Re: Now You Have Got A New Manager

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 4:54:45

Oh come on, if you're gonna post the exact same thing on Owlstalk, you could at least have changed a few words.

Slow day Nightmare?

(And by the way, anything less than a victory against us, you're gonna look like a right tool Cool )
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 9 Jan - 5:04:30

they keep taking it off owlstalk because they dont like the truth

so i posted it on here instead

Lets be honest what's wrong with the post why do they have to take it down can't understand people going on there if they only wont people to post what they agree with
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 5:08:11

NIGHTMARE wrote:they keep taking it off owlstalk because they dont like the truth

so i posted it on here instead

Lets be honest what's wrong with the post why do they have to take it down can't understand people going on there if they only wont people to post what they agree with

Firstly, it wasn't removed until long after you posted it here. Secondly, you've probably spent enough time on Owlstalk to know that the site is once again being threatened with legal action. This is mostly being driven by people signing up and baiting members into litigious statements. Hence why your purely inflammatory post was removed. It would not have done under normal circumstances.

And once again, can I just say how happy I am that you Dingles are taking such an interest in the developments at Sheffield Wednesday. Clearly not a lot to talk about, eh?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 9 Jan - 5:35:45

Firstly Ive posted it twice on owlstalk i posted it they removed it so i posted it on here then thought fuck it i'll post it again on that shity thing again

Secondly Its the truth there is nothing in that post that int true wednesday fans think they are better then they are How can that get owlstalk get in trouble for that its the truth
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 6:07:46

NIGHTMARE wrote:Secondly Its the truth there is nothing in that post that int true wednesday fans think they are better then they are How can that get owlstalk get in trouble for that its the truth

If you think Owlstalk is so shitty, why do you post on it?

And say what you like about "the truth". I for one am very happy with the appointment of Irvine, and I believe he'll do a better job for us that Brian Laws did. I remember very well listening to Radio Pig, with your lot phoning in to complain about the appointment of Mark Robins. That he didn't have any experience at this level. No one complaining now. Likewise, Irvine will be judged on results, and I'm confident that he will deliver.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 9 Jan - 6:26:24

WEDNESDAY ARE GOING DOWN PAL

but you might have ended up with a good manager for that league
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 7:52:35

NIGHTMARE wrote:WEDNESDAY ARE GOING DOWN PAL

but you might have ended up with a good manager for that league

Rolling Eyes

Your fixation with our club is tiresome, yet hilarious.

As you were. Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Sat 9 Jan - 8:00:01

we will see what NIGHTMARE as to say when we beat them Very Happy
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 8:25:50

wxm owl wrote:we will see what NIGHTMARE as to say when we beat them Very Happy

Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 9 Jan - 9:30:05

NIGHTMARE wrote:Or as it still not sunk in

For weeks and weeks you wanted Laws out thinking you could attract someone better

For the last 3 week you have been spouting names like Ferguson Robins O'Driscoll Coppell and Warknock and now you have ended up with a bloke who took a team with better players then yours to within a few points of your shower .

is it starting to sink in now ?

THE ONLY BLOKE WHO WANTED THE JOB
IS NO BETTER THEN THE ONE YOU HAD

Pretty harsh NIGHTMARE and that quote could and I expect will bite you up the arse at some later stage..........Irvine is no fool and his record speaks for itself. However I do think the Wendies might have attracted somebody a bit more dynamic. I think Irvine is similar in style to SO'D and that doesn't bode well for them this season in terms of providing a quick fix, he is a good manager but needs more time than the fans there will give him.
Frankly I am surprised at the choice and think that they he will be set the task of rebuilding for their attack on the Div.1 title next season.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 10:53:07

hoolahoop wrote:Pretty harsh NIGHTMARE and that quote could and I expect will bite you up the arse at some later stage..........Irvine is no fool and his record speaks for itself. However I do think the Wendies might have attracted somebody a bit more dynamic. I think Irvine is similar in style to SO'D and that doesn't bode well for them this season in terms of providing a quick fix, he is a good manager but needs more time than the fans there will give him.
Frankly I am surprised at the choice and think that they he will be set the task of rebuilding for their attack on the Div.1 title next season.

I agree with what you're saying about Irvine's style of football, and how it might not be suited to a relegation dogfight. As you've said elsewhere, at Preston he was far better equipped to beat the drop than he is now. But I caught his first interview today before the press conference, and although he did describe himself as a "football purist", he was quick to point out that he knew it might not be the right philosophy at this time, and that he would do "whatever it takes" to keep us up.

I suppose too, if we do go down (though I'm not prepared to even consider this yet), Irvine would be a very good man to rebuild the side, and prepare an assualt to bounce straight back.

Overall, feel like it was a good day's work for Wednesday. First task for Irvine; get it right up Nightmare. Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sat 9 Jan - 10:56:51

At least you now have a manager which is better than no manager.

Give him a chance and see what he can do, at least there's hope he will save you from relegation and surely that has to be the priority.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 11:00:24

LuckyGirl wrote:At least you now have a manager which is better than no manager.

Give him a chance and see what he can do, at least there's hope he will save you from relegation and surely that has to be the priority.

Agreed. Newcastle game aside, we turned in a couple of shocking performances under McAuley (no personal slight on the man, it's a tough job!). There's no doubt for me that while Strafford would've liked to wait for the investment situation to become clearer before making an appointment, he saw that the caretaker option was only driving us further from safety, and he had to make a decision sooner. Again, under the circumstances, I think we'd have struggled to do better than Alan Irvine.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Mon 18 Jan - 7:40:05

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Oh come on, if you're gonna post the exact same thing on Owlstalk, you could at least have changed a few words.

Slow day Nightmare?

(And by the way, anything less than a victory against us, you're gonna look like a right tool Cool )
even more so after yesterday"s result where a lot of the dingles were saying on how they were going to give us a right footballing lesson. Laughing Laughing Laughing
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 18 Jan - 22:19:46

superowl3 wrote:even more so after yesterday"s result where a lot of the dingles were saying on how they were going to give us a right footballing lesson. Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down