The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heffernan bidding for new deal.

4 posters

Go down

Heffernan bidding for new deal. Empty Heffernan bidding for new deal.

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 12 Jan - 18:43:59

Revitalised Heffernan bidding for new deal

DONCASTER Rovers striker Paul Heffernan, who wants to win himself a new deal in the summer, is a man on a mission.
Heffernan has recently returned to the Championship club rejuvinated following a loan spell at League One strugglers Oldham where he was a regular in Dave Penney's side.

Prior to linking up with Penney - the man who signed him for Rovers - at Boundary Park, Heffernan had been having a frustrating time at Doncaster.

He had not started a game since mid-August and had had to settle for cameo appearances off the bench.

So when Penney approached Rovers about taking him on loan to bolster his injury-hit squad it seemed a good move for all parties.

"I enjoyed it; it was good to get a few games under my belt," said Heffernan yesterday.

"It was good playing for Dave Penney again. He's not changed - he's still the same as he was when he was here.

"When I first went there I didn't know any of the players so it was nice to know the manager. I knew what he was all about and he knew all about me.

"I thought that I did okay. The first two games were tough - we played Leeds and Norwich, who were both flying. But we won and drew the next two games."

Heffernan broke his duck for the season during his time at Boundary Park and also hit the woodwork.

"It was good to get off the mark and hopefully I can kick on from here," it said.

"It was frustrating that the last two games of my loan spell at Oldham were postponed due to the weather and the same thing has happened since I've been back here.

"The snow looks pretty, and it's nice for a day or two. But now we just want to get rid off the cold weather and get back to normal.

"As I say I scored during my time at Oldham and in the past when I've got off the mark I've gone on to score on a pretty regular basis and hopefully that will be the case again."

That was certainly the case last season as far as Heffernan was concerned and he went on to top score with ten goals despite not getting off the mark until December.

"The first thing that I've got to do is to get back in the team and that won't be easy with Billy Sharp playing the way that he has been," he said.

"But with all the postponements we are going to be playing a lot of Saturday-Tuesday games and maybe the manager will tinker with the side a bit more than usual and hopefully I'll get my chance.

"When I do I've got to make the most of it. I will also be looking to impress the manager every day in training because I'm out of contract at the end of the season."

Come on give the lad a new deal.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Heffernan bidding for new deal. Empty Re: Heffernan bidding for new deal.

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 19:59:04

roversboy4lyf wrote:Revitalised Heffernan bidding for new deal

DONCASTER Rovers striker Paul Heffernan, who wants to win himself a new deal in the summer, is a man on a mission.
Heffernan has recently returned to the Championship club rejuvinated following a loan spell at League One strugglers Oldham where he was a regular in Dave Penney's side.

Prior to linking up with Penney - the man who signed him for Rovers - at Boundary Park, Heffernan had been having a frustrating time at Doncaster.

He had not started a game since mid-August and had had to settle for cameo appearances off the bench.

So when Penney approached Rovers about taking him on loan to bolster his injury-hit squad it seemed a good move for all parties.

"I enjoyed it; it was good to get a few games under my belt," said Heffernan yesterday.

"It was good playing for Dave Penney again. He's not changed - he's still the same as he was when he was here.

"When I first went there I didn't know any of the players so it was nice to know the manager. I knew what he was all about and he knew all about me.

"I thought that I did okay. The first two games were tough - we played Leeds and Norwich, who were both flying. But we won and drew the next two games."

Heffernan broke his duck for the season during his time at Boundary Park and also hit the woodwork.

"It was good to get off the mark and hopefully I can kick on from here," it said.

"It was frustrating that the last two games of my loan spell at Oldham were postponed due to the weather and the same thing has happened since I've been back here.

"The snow looks pretty, and it's nice for a day or two. But now we just want to get rid off the cold weather and get back to normal.

"As I say I scored during my time at Oldham and in the past when I've got off the mark I've gone on to score on a pretty regular basis and hopefully that will be the case again."

That was certainly the case last season as far as Heffernan was concerned and he went on to top score with ten goals despite not getting off the mark until December.

"The first thing that I've got to do is to get back in the team and that won't be easy with Billy Sharp playing the way that he has been," he said.

"But with all the postponements we are going to be playing a lot of Saturday-Tuesday games and maybe the manager will tinker with the side a bit more than usual and hopefully I'll get my chance.

"When I do I've got to make the most of it. I will also be looking to impress the manager every day in training because I'm out of contract at the end of the season."

Come on give the lad a new deal.

Maybe Heffs thinks O Driscoll will be gone then, can't see him getting another deal if he is still the manager at the end of the season..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Jan - 5:25:57

yorkie64red wrote:

Maybe Heffs thinks O Driscoll will be gone then, can't see him getting another deal if he is still the manager at the end of the season..

SO'D going will change things , he may yet get his deal..........I hope so as I have a feeling we're going to need him. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Jan - 22:10:52

hoolahoop wrote:

SO'D going will change things , he may yet get his deal..........I hope so as I have a feeling we're going to need him. Heffernan bidding for new deal. Icon_sad

Whats the odds of this happening now.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 14 Jan - 23:09:30

Nil
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Jan - 23:10:27

East Yorks Rover wrote:Nil

Yep , i reckon Heffs will be the one player who is not happy how this weeks events turned out.. Heffernan bidding for new deal. Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 14 Jan - 23:12:49

Despite rumours to the contrary, I would rather have SOD there and no Heffs than the other way round! I just hope that Brookers return to fitness will be able to spring a surprise on brentford and get some of the TAMARA members sweating about bets!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Jan - 23:15:23

East Yorks Rover wrote:Despite rumours to the contrary, I would rather have SOD there and no Heffs than the other way round! I just hope that Brookers return to fitness will be able to spring a surprise on brentford and get some of the TAMARA members sweating about bets!

Well i hope i'm wrong i really do but somehow i think i ought to be checking out which Spirits i'm running low on.. Heffernan bidding for new deal. Icon_lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 15 Jan - 7:34:51

yorkie64red wrote:

Well i hope i'm wrong i really do but somehow i think i ought to be checking out which Spirits i'm running low on.. Heffernan bidding for new deal. Icon_lol

Funny I've just been doing that Wink I think Heffs will get a contract, seems I'm in a minority of 2 ..........me and Heffs!! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down