The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs

3 posters

Go down

Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs Empty Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs

Post by BantamValley Tue 26 Jan - 8:11:45

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/8479361.stm

Bradford City boss Stuart McCall still thinks they can make the play-offs.

City are now 10 points adrift from the top seven after failing to win in their last five league games, their latest defeat at Lincoln on Saturday.

McCall told BBC Radio Leeds: "As a professional footballer you have to always aim high and believe you can achieve things.

"You always have to be confident and we just need our luck to turn a little bit and once than happens it will be OK."

Saturday's 2-1 reverse saw the West Yorkshire club drop to 16th, putting more pressure on McCall.

"These are hard times for us but we have too many good professionals at the club to just give up," the former Bradford midfielder explained.

"We need to start defending better as we conceded another two poor goals here at Lincoln.

"I expected us to be higher at this stage of the season. I wanted three wins from the next four games before this one. So now we need to win the next three games if we are to stay in the play-off hunt.

One positive for McCall at Sincil Bank was the performance of winger Omar Daley.

The Jamaica international completed his first minutes of first-team football in 11 months after a serious knee ligament injury.

"Omar is one of those players that on his day is a match winner on his own. He was excellent and I'm really pleased for him," McCall said.

"I thought he'd only last about 60 minutes but he got better as the game went on and was a constant danger.

"As he gets fitter and regains his confidence he'll get better and better.

"When you've been out for so long you worry if you'll ever come back as the same player, but his performance has shown none of us have to worry about that."
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs Empty Re: Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 26 Jan - 8:49:50

i hope you get in but cant see it myself.

Anyway time for my beauty sleep,hope i dont wake up with a load of spots as im a teenager now. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs Empty Re: Stuart McCall still hopeful of play-offs

Post by BantamValley Tue 26 Jan - 9:34:32

If we were to do it, we'd have to start winning a lot of our matches right now.

I think we may have to spend next season in League 2 first though, as it's highly unlikely we'll clinch promotion this year.
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by hes-a-hoop Tue 26 Jan - 11:47:52

Has he lost the plot?!?!? Mid Table finish this season, improve the squad over the summer(to the best that we can) then challenge for the play-offs/promotion.

hes-a-hoop
Pride Of Yorkshire

http://www.irishfootballforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down