The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic Stuff

+4
Dan_the_Owl
LuckyGirl
Captain Cook
Shem_Swfc
8 posters

Go down

Fantastic Stuff Empty Fantastic Stuff

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 27 Jan - 8:34:16

Nice to see Donneh slipping back into your well known ways tonight.... and hopefully stay in them for a while! Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Stuff Empty Re: Fantastic Stuff

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 8:50:24

Fantastic Stuff Lol Fantastic Stuff Lol Fantastic Stuff Lol Fantastic Stuff Lol
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 27 Jan - 9:09:07

Congrats on the win..........
We'll get you next time

lol! lol! lol!

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 9:11:57

Cheers Lucky.

When ever we win away its a big win.

You're not that bad a side. We just owed someone a battering.

Take care Fantastic Stuff Star3
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 27 Jan - 9:25:01

Captain Cook wrote:You're not that bad a side. We just owed someone a battering.

Donny were due a battering, in fairness. Laughing

And nice to see you back Shem. Fecking love the avatar. Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 27 Jan - 11:15:05

To be honest with the side we put out tonight i think Forrest Green would have battered us. No Shackel, Stock, Shiels, Oster & Woods. So with out best center half and a midfield made up of a striker, a wonnabe striker, a water carrier and 1 regular midfielder played in the center instead of out wide then no way in hell were we going to get something from tonights match. We even had to play 4-4-2 instead of our regular 4-5-1 due to a lack of players for the midfield. Having said that upto Boro scoring we were the better side but conceding a second just before the break killed the game off. The second half was a non-event.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jan - 11:17:59

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Donny were due a battering, in fairness. Laughing

And nice to see you back Shem. Fecking love the avatar. Cool

I think the Boro' fans knew more about our team than we did!! Stock, Shiels, Shackell, Oster, Hayter, Woods all not playing, we're all still trying to get to the bottom of this. God knows what's going on!!!!!!!!!!!! There were folk on the bench that I hadn't even heard of before. Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 20:28:16

it was hardly a first choice Boro side either. The Bench was made up mainly of young 'uns from the academy.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 27 Jan - 20:32:16

Did you go CC to the game that is. What i would say is if our 5 players had been in the team that was left out for some reason the score would have been different but on the other hand that is no excuse
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 27 Jan - 21:03:36

No, as I said I dont get away much these days and was working till 9 anyway.

Couldn't believe we were 2-0 up at half time and still expected us to crumble as we usually do in the 2nd half.

I was very surprised at the scale of the win. Didn't realise tha Rovers were hit by injuries but apparently it was Boro' best performance for a long time.

posession was apparently 50-50 and Rovers had more Corners and shots on target.

Perhaps the main difference between the sides was Adam Johnson who on his day will rip anyside in this division to bits and he can score spectacular goals as well.

Once you get your players back you will be fine. Hopefully this will start the season for us and we can climb the table.We still need a striker though funilly enough after a win like that.

Best of luck Hoops
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jan - 23:14:20

Captain Cook wrote:No, as I said I dont get away much these days and was working till 9 anyway.

Couldn't believe we were 2-0 up at half time and still expected us to crumble as we usually do in the 2nd half.

I was very surprised at the scale of the win. Didn't realise tha Rovers were hit by injuries but apparently it was Boro' best performance for a long time.

posession was apparently 50-50 and Rovers had more Corners and shots on target.

Perhaps the main difference between the sides was Adam Johnson who on his day will rip anyside in this division to bits and he can score spectacular goals as well.

Once you get your players back you will be fine. Hopefully this will start the season for us and we can climb the table.We still need a striker though funilly enough after a win like that.

Best of luck Hoops

True you had weaknesses but we had an almighty change round of personnel some of whom should have left us whilst in Div.1, we were far far weaker than you in respect of key players and lacked any depth to cover up the cracks.
Please don't get too thrilled by the Boro' performance as we've eaten alive far better teams than yours this season. You were average.......we were a disgraceful mess. One of our players hadn't played a competitive match for a year (McDaid), one is just about good enough for Oldham (Heffernan), one should be selling ice creams or some such-like occupation (Guy), one is a 'youth loanee' newly arrived this week (Mutch). The regular midfields (Stock, Woods, Shiels) and main central full-back was missing (Shackell).
We knew we had liottle chance on hearing the team line-ups with some of your fans in the KK bar and would have settled for a draw well before the game.
Sounds like 'sourgrapes' but I just want you to get a proper perspective of what last night was all about before raising your hopes too highly of a Play-Off place Cooky marra. Good luck and well done for taking the opportunity as it sounds as though you haven't recently judging by your remarks.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 28 Jan - 0:00:43

thats football isn't it Hoops. One day your up one day your down.

every side seems to have a dip in form some time of the season hopefully we have got ours out of the way.

I'm still happy that we managed a win even if it is against weakened oposition. You can only beat the side
Put in front of you.

What this team needs is confidence and we will only get that by winning games.

Hopefully back on track but not getting carried away with things.

I've seen to many false dawns in my time.

best of luck for rest of season Hoops Like a Star @ heaven
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Jan - 4:13:00

Captain Cook wrote:thats football isn't it Hoops. One day your up one day your down.

every side seems to have a dip in form some time of the season hopefully we have got ours out of the way.

I'm still happy that we managed a win even if it is against weakened oposition. You can only beat the side
Put in front of you.

What this team needs is confidence and we will only get that by winning games.

Hopefully back on track but not getting carried away with things.

I've seen to many false dawns in my time.

best of luck for rest of season Hoops Like a Star @ heaven

True you still have to beat whatever side that is presented against you, pleased to see you cheering up and all the best for the rest of the season. Can you now please take some points off other teams both below and above us. We're sick to the teeth playing your team this season. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 28 Jan - 6:10:28

Believe me Hoops we will be wanting every point available

Best of luck for the rest of the season and I expect you to hold your end of the bargain and take points off the Skunks and others Fantastic Stuff Icon_biggrin
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Jan - 8:41:07

Shem_Swfc wrote:Nice to see Donneh slipping back into your well known ways tonight.... and hopefully stay in them for a while! Wink

As you have by all accounts Shem lad. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 28 Jan - 18:09:56

hoolahoop wrote:

As you have by all accounts Shem lad. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!lol!

Yeah but even nicer to see the pigs slipping back into there normal ways again last night. Fantastic Stuff Icon_biggrin
You spoke to sson there flem. Fantastic Stuff Icon_cheers Fantastic Stuff Icon_cheers
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 29 Jan - 0:30:28

roversboy4lyf wrote:Yeah but even nicer to see the pigs slipping back into there normal ways again last night.

Three wins from four under Alan Irvine. I'm confident we can do the business against you lot. We want to beat you fairly though, so remember to keep your lads off the booze pre-match, eh? Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 29 Jan - 1:21:55

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Three wins from four under Alan Irvine. I'm confident we can do the business against you lot. We want to beat you fairly though, so remember to keep your lads off the booze pre-match, eh? Laughing

To be honest though a full strength rovers team should always beat a full strength owls team because we have better players and a more tactically astute manager. You have only beaten us once in the CCC and in that match we absolutely battered you and played you off the park too, if we had a finisher in the team that day you would have been beaten out of sight. The only player i would have from wednesday at the rovers is Lee Grant. Even my wednesday supporting uncles and cousins who live in Sheff admit that we're a better team which is great after all the years of ridicule i suffered from them lol Laughing
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 30 Jan - 8:08:54

''Donny were due a battering, in fairness. Laughing''- quote from our Dan.

Thanks fella , you obviously don't know about the pummelling we received at the hands of the Scabs and of course the one you will receive from us soon . He who laughs first etc...........
Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down