The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic day..............

4 posters

Go down

Fantastic day.............. Empty Fantastic day..............

Post by hoolahoop Mon 29 Apr - 7:01:58

Come on folks don't be shy please let us know about your great day out in Brentford. I wasn't able to go sadly Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Fantastic day.............. Empty Re: Fantastic day..............

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 29 Apr - 7:06:23

hoolahoop wrote:Come on folks don't be shy please let us know about your great day out in Brentford. I wasn't able to go sadly Sad

I'm still to up there to even start telling you about it,

Skellow even said Steves going to miss a great day and that was an hour before kickoff Smile

Do I take it some are at the end of season do?
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 29 Apr - 7:21:59

I'm up but feel as though I've missed out on something very historic and it's not been easy because I usually soak up the experiences of others.
I still can't believe we are Champions. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 29 Apr - 20:28:39

my reaction to it all will be in my blog that i'll be posting one day this week stave, got some great photo's and video too RTID!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Mon 29 Apr - 22:39:01

Having left my wife and daughter in the caravan at Buxton on Friday night I travelled down on Saturday on an unusually quiet train, not many Rovers supporters on the 10.02 from Nottingham!
Knackered myself climbing the steps at Covent Garden tube and had to stay for longer in the Coal Hole just to recover. drunken drunken
Couple of pints in the pub on the way to the ground and then in. I have to say that unusually for me, I was very confident that we would not lose.
Loved it just before kick off when Sullie took his position in the goals in front of us for the 1st half turning to us and saying "if the ball comes in there keep it for a bit" wink, thumbs up. Basketball
The shot from nothing that hit the post was unexpected, but when Sullie just stood and plucked the ball off their players head at the corner and held it aloft you would have thought it was a trophy, from the look on his face you could imagine his comment (if he had actually said it that is) "been doing that to tw*ts like you for years"!
Nice piece of acting from The Corporal when he took out Donaldson to avoid a booking, the ref must have took it as a coming together!
A 20 yarder from Copps has the keeper at full stretch but our only real effort on goal.
Half time, apart from the post incident no sweat the defence, from all 11 was magnificent.
Rovers keep the Bees waiting for the 2nd half and Flynn walks past the away supporters to his position in the dugout without even a glance, a smile or a wave. Bear in mind that the dugout is on the far side of the pitch from the tunnel so he had to walk behind the goals in front of the away end. That has put me off him a little for next season, will he get the job?
2nd half starts as the 1st ended good solid defending but Rovers attacks becoming more frequent Humie tries a little chip into the path of the onrushing Cotterill but it's intercepted.
It continues much the same no real worries for Sullie but then the penalty! affraid
What was it for no-one knows at our end, but it's been given, even then I was confident Sullie would bring off a save. Time wasting gets him a yellow, lets be fair he started his time wasting in the warm-up! Smile
The ball is on the spot Trotta runs up and it smashes against the bar and delirium breaks out, but wait what is Paynter doing stood in the right wing position all on his lonesome, the ball is cleared and Billy is on his way we are all watching his advance on goal and fail to see Copps busting a gut to get up in support in he inside left channel, the keeper advances no defenders in site and Copps now appears in our vision the ball is squared, Copps takes a touch, is he offside?, and passes it into the empty net
OMG we're only CHAMPIONS we new that Bournemouth had only drawn.
The players are throwing themselves into the crowd they think it's all over, the ref catches up and tells them the game hasn't finished, Copps is pleading for his shirt back but that's not gonna happen, the ref books him and sends him to the touchline for a shirt the game restart how much longer are we going to play? The ref starts to move towards the side of the pitch where the tunnel is, blows to the end the game and vanishes down the tunnel.
The away end goes mental, grown men with tears streaming down their faces strangers hugging each other the players joining in there are pieces of kit being thrown into the crowd, Jones is down to his underpants and socks, there is more naked flesh on display than at a strip club. JR and the rest join in the celebrations, eventually they go into the dressing rooms only to re-appear moments later and it all starts again.
Jones just stands in front of the goal hands on hips facing the crowd with a look of wonderment on his face, promoted from Div 1, 2 seasons running.
Eventually we all start to stream out to find that we are locked in, The tube is a chorus of Rovers songs and then Kings Cross is reached I make my way to St Pancras leaving all the smiling faces behind and continue my own quiet celebrations in the Betjamin Bar on the station it's time to head for my train and 2 hours to reflect on what a fantastic day it had been
WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down