The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owls v Rovers

+7
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
East Yorks Rover
Shem_Swfc
SkellowRover
MR NEGATIVE
yorkie64red
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Owls v Rovers - Page 2 Empty Re: Owls v Rovers

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 10 Feb - 6:23:52

Im pretty sure they know it for when Billy Blunt and Purse meet each other Wink

And for when i get my hands around you Donny Fans Very Happy:D:D
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 10 Feb - 6:26:18

Shem_Swfc wrote:Im pretty sure they know it for when Billy Blunt and Purse meet each other Wink

And for when i get my hands around you Donny Fans Very Happy:D:D

Fighting talk Shemmy lad, remember Hoola can be like a tiger tank when he's got his zimmer with him.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 10 Feb - 6:28:32

Haha, lucky my Xbox name is I Eat Tanks then Wink

Are you going to the game Yorkie?
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 10 Feb - 6:31:52

Shem_Swfc wrote:Haha, lucky my Xbox name is I Eat Tanks then Wink

Are you going to the game Yorkie?

Oh yes, got the tickets, looking forward to it, its a bit like missionary work going into the poverty stricken areas of Dee Daa land on a cold tuesday night,my good deed for february.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 10 Feb - 6:45:02

I know what you mean, im going from Donny to Sheffield with a mate on my own, would be happy to report back here alive lol!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 10 Feb - 9:38:31

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh yes, got the tickets, looking forward to it, its a bit like missionary work going into the poverty stricken areas of Dee Daa land on a cold tuesday night,my good deed for february.. Very Happy

I'm finishing at 3:30 now Bri, were you thinking about going down earlier by train ..........thinking we might meet up with Dan the man eh?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 10 Feb - 9:40:39

hoolahoop wrote:

I'm finishing at 3:30 now Bri, were you thinking about going down earlier by train ..........thinking we might meet up with Dan the man eh?

That sounds about right, will confirm with Vikki and let you know.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 10 Feb - 10:56:06

Somehow, I totally missed this thread. Hmm. Suspect

hoolahoop wrote:You should be able to buy the whole Leppings Lane for £24, really taking the piss this one and that's why many of our lads won't be coming Flem.

Getting the excuses ready for the poor turnout Hoola? Wink

On a serious note, let me address this ticketing issue. Firstly, I'm not sure I agree with it morally. But the Kop is not the most comfortable of stands, my love for it is largely sentimental. The concourse is uncovered, the seating extremely tight, several views obstructed, and other areas uncovered altogether. They've said as much in this statement on ticketing;

Sheffield Wednesday's position is that the West Stand and KOP are not comparable for the following reasons:

The KOP has a greater seating density with some uncovered seating and facilities. Additionally, the KOP also has corner sections (i.e. behind both the goal-line and the touchline) which have an inferior view as defined in the Football League regulations.

The West Stand has a covered concourse and facilities (including toilets and concession facilities), with covered seating throughout and a smaller seating density.

It is our view that the KOP is inferior for the reasons stated above and is more comparative to the North stand, on which the West Stand pricing is based.

Based on this, what SWFC are doing is entirely within regulations. As I said above, it's not something I necessarily agree with. I've been properly had this season, most notably with £29 to have piss thrown at me at Bramall Lane. Our fans got charged over £30 for our game at Ipswich, which was live on Sky to boot. So while I agree with the annoyance at the price differences, I don't think £24 is an entirely unreasonable amount to pay.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 10 Feb - 22:53:31

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Somehow, I totally missed this thread. Hmm. Suspect

Getting the excuses ready for the poor turnout Hoola? Wink

On a serious note, let me address this ticketing issue. Firstly, I'm not sure I agree with it morally. But the Kop is not the most comfortable of stands, my love for it is largely sentimental. The concourse is uncovered, the seating extremely tight, several views obstructed, and other areas uncovered altogether. They've said as much in this statement on ticketing;

Sheffield Wednesday's position is that the West Stand and KOP are not comparable for the following reasons:

The KOP has a greater seating density with some uncovered seating and facilities. Additionally, the KOP also has corner sections (i.e. behind both the goal-line and the touchline) which have an inferior view as defined in the Football League regulations.

The West Stand has a covered concourse and facilities (including toilets and concession facilities), with covered seating throughout and a smaller seating density.

It is our view that the KOP is inferior for the reasons stated above and is more comparative to the North stand, on which the West Stand pricing is based.

Based on this, what SWFC are doing is entirely within regulations. As I said above, it's not something I necessarily agree with. I've been properly had this season, most notably with £29 to have piss thrown at me at Bramall Lane. Our fans got charged over £30 for our game at Ipswich, which was live on Sky to boot. So while I agree with the annoyance at the price differences, I don't think £24 is an entirely unreasonable amount to pay.
Not at all, please read the ''bugger'' thread update.............we will be there in numbers believe me and you will hear and see us us 'loud and proud' ok. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 10 Feb - 23:00:23

''The KOP has a greater seating density with some uncovered seating and facilities. Additionally, the KOP also has corner sections (i.e. behind
both the goal-line and the touchline) which have an inferior view as defined in the Football League regulations.

It is our view that the KOP is inferior for the reasons stated above and is more comparative to the North stand, on which the West Stand pricing is based.'' (quote from Wednesday re. ticket pricing differential )

Sorry not buying that shite, I nearly got 'deep vein thrombosis' on the last visit to the delightful LL end , nearly pissed myself due to lack of any meaningfully adequate toilet facilities and the view was shite.
Catering/Hospitality, don't let me even go there as Easyjet 's facilities look like The Hilton in comparison. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 13 Feb - 0:31:20

Sharp shooting like this should sort it out on Tuesday. Let's be having those three points!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMoY3clf8k&feature=related
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 13 Feb - 3:35:26

Is this an all ticket match or can i pay on the gate?

If it is an all ticket match them i have had it Sad
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 13 Feb - 3:37:36

Shem_Swfc wrote:Is this an all ticket match or can i pay on the gate?

If it is an all ticket match them i have had it Sad

Its your club Shemmy and your asking us lol! actually i don't think you will have any problems getting in i mean they need every penny they can get.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 13 Feb - 3:41:20

Don't be funny Yorkie Very Happy

I really need an answer though lol!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 13 Feb - 3:45:03

Shem_Swfc wrote:Don't be funny Yorkie Very Happy

I really need an answer though lol!

I've just had a look on the Owls site and can't find anything, can't you get someone to ring the club and book some, pick them up on the night.just a thought.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 13 Feb - 3:46:18

According to my brother there isnt any left online. There isnt owt on Owls site as you said, and there is usually something o nthere when it is all ticket.

Thanks anyway Yorkie Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 13 Feb - 3:48:33

Shem_Swfc wrote:According to my brother there isnt any left online. There isnt owt on Owls site as you said, and there is usually something o nthere when it is all ticket.

Thanks anyway Yorkie Wink

They can't have sold out Shem, are we that big a draw, remember you can always come and sit with us friendly Rovers, you know you want to really, don't know why you keep fighting it... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 13 Feb - 4:01:04

Shem, why don't you give the ticket office a ring, at least you will know one way or another
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Feb - 9:25:48

yorkie64red wrote:Shem, why don't you give the ticket office a ring, at least you will know one way or another

Have you got sorted yet Shem, you can always sit with us 'Yorkshires finest' ; you know it makes sense. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 13 Feb - 9:56:08

Sorted, tickes avalibe on gate Razz
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 13 Feb - 10:00:52

Well prepare yourself shem.
On tuesday night you will see some of the best football ever and you will have seen your team played off the park.

Cant wait. lol!
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 13 Feb - 10:07:05

The park is next door Rovers Boy, get your facts right mate Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 13 Feb - 10:13:46

Damm caught me out there,a bit like donny will catch the piggies out.

You will need more then some oinkment if you are to beat us. lol!
Well done on getting your 800th post. : pig pig pig
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 14 Feb - 8:41:46

Right, now that the weekends fixtures are over and done with, we can focus on tuesday nights game at hillsbrough, after todays performance i will go for a 1-2 win for Rovers, really can't wait gonna be a great game.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 14 Feb - 9:45:28

yorkie64red wrote:Right, now that the weekends fixtures are over and done with, we can focus on tuesday nights game at hillsbrough, after todays performance i will go for a 1-2 win for Rovers, really can't wait gonna be a great game.. Smile

2-0 the Rovers and Shem realises just what he's missing and we will be there in big numbers despite what you think on your websites. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next