The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your first game.

+7
hoolahoop
East Yorks Rover
RedNinja
diggerman
Terrier2009
MR NEGATIVE
shawcross blue
11 posters

Go down

your first game. Empty your first game.

Post by shawcross blue Tue 2 Feb - 11:57:29

When was your first game? Mine was Scarborough in the Leyland Daf Vans (LDV) Trophy.1988/9
As I went up the steps at Leeds Rd(RIP) and saw the perfect field that Raymond Chapple looked after,I felt like I was at my second home.I would give my right arm to stand on any terrace with my dad just one more time at that ground.(he is still alive!!)the history makes my hairs stand on end when i think about the good times!!Open to all fans.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

your first game. Empty Re: your first game.

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 2 Feb - 19:20:02

Well i used to go swimming at the Dome every Sataurday and i loved it but this day was going to be a change as my Uncle decided to take me to the fun-fair and i couldnt wait. I ran to the front gates of the fair only to see a sign that read THE FAIR IS CLOSED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.
Anyway i hopped back into the fan sulking,i was gutted. Then my uncle said would you like to attend a football match at belle vue, Donny Rovers are playing york city. I sat there upset still whilst on the way to the game as i had never even heard of DRFC and i hated Football so i just pretended i wanted to go. When we got outside the Stadium all i could hear was water splashing on my hood and lots of people screaming and shouting. I stood there looking down at my feet as my uncle shouted telling me to hurry up. I walked into the stadium and almost straight away the ball hit the back of the net. Everyone went grazy and someone chucked me in the air celebrating. I didnt like that and i moved away from the man.

When the second goal went in i got into the mood and started jumping up and down like a monkey,i really was getting excited now and i didnt want to leave when the game finished. We won 3-1 against York city.
The following week i asked to go to the next home game and it soon became a regular thing when my uncle bought me a season ticket for the following season as a Birthday Present. From then on i bought a season ticket each year and now i live sleep and breathe Rovers. I will continue to support Rovers for ever and ever..

cheers
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Tue 2 Feb - 23:05:45

I have to say I can't remember who we played in my first game but I was a few years ago. My boyfriend asked me if I wanted to go and I wasn't the biggest fan of football especially as it was a cold day. I decided though that seeing as my boyfriend had asked I would go and see why he was so into Huddersfield Town. We won but again I can't remember the score (really I worry about my memory!!) and from then on I had the bug. I still can't get to as many matches as I want but I do my best. I love the walk down to the ground and the nearer we get the more excited I get.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Wed 3 Feb - 4:59:38

Gonna really show my age now. My older brother took me to
my first Boro match - at Ayresome park , against Luton Town.
Friday 31st March 1972 (Good Friday).Twas a 0-0 draw.

Also went to see Boro reserves play at Stockton (5 miles away) in January 1971 - the day Leeds lost at Colchester in the FACup - doesn't seem a big deal now , but at the time Leeds were massive , and Colchester were in division 4. League 2 in todays set-up.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Wed 3 Feb - 5:06:15

I was about 11, I think... I was into football but not so much into watching it, I more played it than watched it, I came to watch a Barnsley match on my 11th Birthday as I couldn't think of anything else to do and... I enjoyed it!! Very Happy We won 4-1 against Swindon Town. lol! lol!

I suppose a win encourages it more, eh?
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Wed 3 Feb - 5:26:26

1966, at Donny, can't remember who we played, but Alick scored and scared me to death stood behind the goal at the cowshed end. I was on the racecourse when around 1960/61, and on a riverbank fishing behind my Mum in 1958!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Feb - 5:47:37

East Yorks Rover wrote:1966, at Donny, can't remember who we played, but Alick scored and scared me to death stood behind the goal at the cowshed end. I was on the racecourse when around 1960/61, and on a riverbank fishing behind my Mum in 1958!

67/68 season, home to Hartlepool Ithink and we lost. I remember gazing at the colour of the turf and how they got the pitch in such a fabulous condition and the most beautiful shade of green. That , to this day, has been the finest pitch I have ever laid my eyes on.......a beautiful jade green. Anybody that ever saw that pitch (rivalries apart) always thought it was the finest playing surface in England.
However this wasn't my very first match as I was taken to Maine Road in 1962, at a very early age, by my Dad , Uncle , Grandad and Great-Uncle as some sort of family rite of passage...........it sadly for them didn't work. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 3 Feb - 7:15:21

28 January 2009 at the Keepmoat. I can't remember who it was against (just looked - Burnley). Rovers had their first home win of several that I saw after a poor first half to the season.
I rediscovered my passion for football and haven't looked back since.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Wed 3 Feb - 9:05:22

First game listened into was the friendly at the moat against Man U in August 2007...

Fist game attended, well, I began at the top, Wembley play offs against leeds... Yup, what a way to cut my footballing teeth ..I loved every second. oh boy was we high up, I still have my ticket where i can see it, seat number 29, row 23 block 527..

It's as rare as hens teeth for me to actually get to a game, but I'm there on the end of my fellas ear phones every home game and have been since that first day in august 07.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 9 Feb - 8:34:49

The first games I really remember going to (although my Dad says we went to some before) was Donny v Werder Breman and Donnys famous 7-0 tonking of Aldershot approx 67/68 and yes we won one of first ventures into Europe bounce can never remember whether it was 3-2 or 3-1 though
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 9 Feb - 8:36:09

hoolahoop wrote:

67/68 season, home to Hartlepool Ithink and we lost. I remember gazing at the colour of the turf and how they got the pitch in such a fabulous condition and the most beautiful shade of green. That , to this day, has been the finest pitch I have ever laid my eyes on.......a beautiful jade green. Anybody that ever saw that pitch (rivalries apart) always thought it was the finest playing surface in England.
However this wasn't my very first match as I was taken to Maine Road in 1962, at a very early age, by my Dad , Uncle , Grandad and Great-Uncle as some sort of family rite of passage...........it sadly for them didn't work. Laughing Laughing Laughing

But your only 23 hoola lol! lol! lol! lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 9 Feb - 8:38:05

[quote="Dagenham Rover"]

But your only 23 hoola lol! lol! lol! lol![/quote]

Its about time he got that changed, thats if the calender goes that far back.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 9 Feb - 8:59:15

[quote="yorkie64red"]

Shite dropped a right bollock there , ok I'm over 23...............guess I'm outed by Daggers. Never thought of that as a trick question though (I'm losing my touch!) Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Tue 9 Feb - 10:07:27

stop training with the under 13's then! them big leather boots give your age away!!! Shocked
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down