The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your first ever Game!!!

4 posters

Go down

Your first ever Game!!! Empty Your first ever Game!!!

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 19 Nov - 8:22:49

Well i used to go swimming at the Dome every Sataurday and i loved it but this day was going to be a change as my Uncle decided to take me to the fun-fair and i couldnt wait. I ran to the front gates of the fair only to see a sign that read THE FAIR IS CLOSED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.
Anyway i hopped back into the fan sulking,i was gutted. Then my uncle said would you like to attend a football match at belle vue, Donny Rovers are playing york city. I sat there upset still whilst on the way to the game as i had never even heard of DRFC and i hated Football so i just pretended i wanted to go. When we got outside the Stadium all i could hear was water splashing on my hood and lots of people screaming and shouting. I stood there looking down at my feet as my uncle shouted telling me to hurry up. I walked into the stadium and almost straight away the ball hit the back of the net. Everyone went grazy and someone chucked me in the air celebrating. I didnt like that and i moved away from the man.

When the second goal went in i got into the mood and started jumping up and down like a monkey,i really was getting excited now and i didnt want to leave when the game finished. We won 3-1 against York city.
The following week i asked to go to the next home game and it soon became a regular thing when my uncle bought me a season ticket for the following season as a Birthday Present. From then on i bought a season ticket each year and now i live sleep and breathe Rovers. I will continue to support Rovers for ever and ever..

R.t.i.d
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Your first ever Game!!! Empty Re: Your first ever Game!!!

Post by Shem_Swfc Thu 19 Nov - 8:26:01

Wow lol, nice story.

My 1st game was a long drive to Manchester back in 97'. I didn't know where i was going at the time, and all i can remember was being carried up those stairs to the top of Old Trafford. I think we won 2-1, and i think Carbone scored one.

1st game at Hillsborough was the Liverpool V Wednesday game in 98'. We lost 3-0 i think.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 19 Nov - 23:33:30

That's great how you pretty much discovered football and Doncaster by accident roversboy, and now you're hooked.

I seem to have a vague recollection of sitting on the north stand watching us play Liverpool. I also have it stuck in my head that we drew 1-1 and Richard Cresswell scored. I could be talking about your first game Shem because i'm really not sure about the details.

The first game I remember, that I know actually happened, was in The Premiership against Charlton at Hillsborough and we won 3-0, but there were probably games I attended before that.

The first season I went regularly was our first season in The Championship after relegation, the season after I got a season ticket and have had one ever since.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 19 Nov - 23:46:22

Yeah you may know my uncle actually.
He owns south yorkshire tyres on Beckett road. lol
He is a big built blonde lad.

I now actually go with his sister as he is always late due to work commitments,i go to the odd game with him though. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 19 Nov - 23:52:33

Sorry don't know him Smile

Why aren't you at school? No
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 19 Nov - 23:58:04

Kicked out for 1 week. lol
My behaviour needs to improve and quick or i could find myself with no Job.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:04:40

roversboy4lyf wrote:Kicked out for 1 week. lol
My behaviour needs to improve and quick or i could find myself with no Job.

Lol, saying you won't have a job is a bit OTT Very Happy
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 20 Nov - 0:08:25

Well its all on my records.
Broke a kids nose in one punch and bust his lip got sent out so i kicked the recycle bin and it cracked. cut all my leg lol.

If i get excluded again i am kicked out of balby carr for good.
I dont want that as i have already been kicked out of hallcross. lol

Not looking good for me is it?
lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:16:14

Hmmm, don't want to sound like a teacher but you'll have to be careful. Getting kicked out of two schools doesn't look good as you say. You're young enough to turn it around though.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 20 Nov - 0:31:31

Yeah i know.
Its not my fault though,its the tit head teachers that get me into shit. lol

I will behave myself from now on.
Cheers for the lesson wednesday.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:35:00

No problem. Good luck Very Happy
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 20 Nov - 4:20:56

A kid got excluded from Hugerhill yesterday roversboy.

He had an argument with an older kid about a game of one bounce, and just started smashing his face in. He must have hit this year 11 about 18 times before they got split up.

Think he won about £15 and a Xbox Hard Drive for beating him up.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtownjoe1 Fri 27 Nov - 9:53:49

So the teachers are to blame for you knocking the head of another kid eh?

Newtownjoe1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 27 Nov - 21:41:56

Yeah quite a lot of the time.
You would understand if you were a pupil in this modern day and age. Your first ever Game!!! Icon_wink
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down