The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies

+5
jucyberry
MR NEGATIVE
thornabyred
East Yorks Rover
NIGHTMARE
9 posters

Go down

Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies Empty Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 7 Feb - 22:31:28

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8502701.stm

A man who was injured during a Premier League football match at Stoke City has died in hospital.
Police were alerted to an incident in a concourse of the Britannia Stadium's south stand which housed Blackburn fans just after 1600 GMT on Saturday.
The 30-year-old fan, who was thought to have been hit on the head with a bin, was found unconscious. He was taken to hospital where he later died.
There were about 1,300 Blackburn fans at the Britannia Stadium
A 25-year-old man from Preston has been arrested over the incident.

Staffordshire Police said the injured man was initially treated at the scene for a head injury and cardiac arrest by staff from West Midlands Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance.
The fan was resuscitated at the scene and then taken to hospital.
A police spokesman said: "A 30-year-old man was pronounced dead at 1.55am this morning at University Hospital North Staffordshire.
"The circumstances are being fully investigated and a 25-year-old man remains in custody and is helping police with their inquiries."
Ch Insp Adrian Roberts, match commander at the game which saw Stoke beat Blackburn Rovers 3-0, said there were just over 1,300 Blackburn fans at the game, and no Stoke fans were involved in the incident.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies Empty Re: Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies

Post by East Yorks Rover Sun 7 Feb - 23:03:23

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be at football matches. There is a story on VSC from somebody saying how they were threatened by other Rovers fans just for catching their eye. Morons surround us all the time, what does it take before they start to learn an acceptable level of social behaviour. The trouble at the Man. United game at Oakwell was another example. How many of those people were from the local area?
This is the sort of stuff that stopped me going to football in the late 70's. Depressing that some of it still remains.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies Empty Re: Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies

Post by thornabyred Sun 7 Feb - 23:22:13

Sad news the chap had died this morning.RIP.
We all see it though even with our own fans, get boozed up before and away game then something happens in the ground and it kicks off normally between mates.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 8 Feb - 0:42:12

Very sad and it really does wind me up.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Mon 8 Feb - 7:15:31

Good job you werent at games in the 70`s and 80s as this was the norm, if no opposition fans to taunt and batter they would start on their own.
Rememeber the old Holgate at Ayresome when games were boring and the Stockton lads would start on Eston or Billingham with Thornaby.Redcar Casuals would fight Boro lads etc but not to the extent of GBH or murder.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Mon 8 Feb - 8:27:31

just shows how pathetic men are then thats all i can say. I really don't get this urge they have to go round battering people for no reason...Never did get it, and i married into a family of five knuckle dragging brothers who if they couldn't find anyone else to slap would get great joy from slapping each other...Prats..lol
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 8 Feb - 8:30:21

jucyberry wrote:just shows how pathetic men are then thats all i can say. I really don't get this urge they have to go round battering people for no reason...Never did get it, and i married into a family of five knuckle dragging brothers who if they couldn't find anyone else to slap would get great joy from slapping each other...Prats..lol

You want to go round the town centres on a saturday night, the women are far worse then the men.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Mon 8 Feb - 20:27:54

I know, feminisim has a lot to answer for I think. I know I'm terribly old fashioned, but then, I was always taught ladies don't drink out of pint pots, chew gum or smoke.

Girls seem to want to do nothing but drink the lads under the table these days. It's so greusome, I really don't understand it at all. Do they think it looks attractive, to be rolling around the city center all in the same generic uniform of straightened hair , fake tan and too short skirts that seem to ride higher up as the booze level rises?

Oh boy I'm glad I'm old..lol
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 8 Feb - 20:32:58

Never minded women drinking pints, but I don't do drunk anymore, I have an off button that goes off when I have had enough. I seriously cannot remember the last time it happened, I am not saying I don't get hangovers, but drinking to excess is not fun, it is just a pain for everybody else who comes across you. That sort of message will eventually seep through, just lie the no smoking stuff it is early days yet.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 9 Feb - 4:40:04

jucyberry wrote:I know, feminisim has a lot to answer for I think. I know I'm terribly old fashioned, but then, I was always taught ladies don't drink out of pint pots, chew gum or smoke.

That's an interesting point. I had a discussion the other night with a female friend, and she was talking about the downside of feminism, which in her opinion, was that female bathrooms had gone from pink, warm, comfortable, often furnished with seating and such, to every bit as disgusting as the male equivalent. You're not necessarily old-fashioned, just traditional, and there's little wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

Back on topic, no person should be dying under such circumstances at a football match. Truly awful.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Tue 9 Feb - 6:35:30

I think it's a disgrace that someone has died due to some peoples inconsideration for other human beings.
In response to the drinking I can drink but I don't start causing trouble in the street or fighting. There is no need for it at all. I think it's a shame that some women feel the need to act like that.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Tue 9 Feb - 7:08:30

Police are asking for mobile phone footage of the incident, hope someone did film it as sad as it sounds.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Tue 9 Feb - 7:09:45

Well yeah at least then the perpetrator will get caught. Then again I think it's sad that people feel the need to film things like that.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Tue 9 Feb - 8:08:01

Sadly it is human nature to be a voyeur, from car crashes to fights there will always be those who have to watch, and with the advent of the video phone, film it.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 9 Feb - 8:12:06

jucyberry wrote:Sadly it is human nature to be a voyeur, from car crashes to fights there will always be those who have to watch, and with the advent of the video phone, film it.

There used to be a fella i worked with who used to listen in to emergency service messages, when he heard of an accident of any significance or tasty crime he would be in the car and on his way to the scene, some people amaze me but you could never shame him for what he was doing, it was like a hobby to him. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 10 Feb - 23:22:01

yorkie64red wrote:

There used to be a fella i worked with who used to listen in to emergency service messages, when he heard of an accident of any significance or tasty crime he would be in the car and on his way to the scene, some people amaze me but you could never shame him for what he was doing, it was like a hobby to him. No

There's a good psychiatrist in Thorne I can put you in touch with, Pete knows him. Laughing
Seriously I had thought all this shite had or had nearly stopped, I just hope those 2 twa*s that I seem to encounter at every away match are not at Swillsborough!! affraid affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Wed 10 Feb - 23:31:31

I know people want to look at things that have happened, i.e. a car crash or whatever, but filming it is different altogether. I don't understand why you would want something like that. I guess we're all different though.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down