The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi

5 posters

Go down

Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi  Empty Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi

Post by Barnsley Army Mon 12 Jul - 23:39:18

Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi on loan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/8810571.stm
Barnsley have completed the signing of Stoke midfielder Diego Arismendi on a season-long loan.
The 22-year-old Uruguay international cost Stoke £2.6m from Club Nacional in August 2009, but has only featured twice in the Carling Cup.
Arismendi finished last season on loan at Brighton, making six appearances.

Reds boss Marks Robins told BBC Radio Sheffield: "He is a good footballer and I think that he will add a different dimension to our midfield."

just come up on the o/s. yet another excellent addition to our ever growing squad! meant to be a real prospect this 1 and should fit in with us just fine! IN MR WE TRUST!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi  Empty Re: Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi

Post by football-fan. Tue 13 Jul - 1:53:08

Hmmm My mate is a brighton fan and says he was very average and a squad member at best for brighton.
From what i have heard he is extremely overrated,4.8m pffffttt.
Hardly buy of the season for stoke.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi  Empty Re: Barnsley sign Stoke City's Diego Arismendi

Post by Barnsley Army Tue 13 Jul - 2:55:09

yeah i heard same from brighton also but i also heard that he didnt want to play for them and showed it on the pitch. end o day hes young, plays for a premiership side and has been capped for uruguay so must be something there? lets see if we can bring it out Smile

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 13 Jul - 6:48:23

we'll have to wait and see but i'm not convinced by the signing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 13 Jul - 6:59:12

Negative reactions but circumstances change as do attitudes. He wasn't capped by the beaten semi-finalists without reason!
Remember the Manure reject Diego Forlan , he seems to have found his feet judgung by recent performances.
Again wait and see but give the guy a chance at least, he may love your set-up in comparison to the one he encountered at Brighton.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 13 Jul - 7:02:38

I'm not negative about the players as i've not seen them play

Its the sort of players Robins as brought in and been linked with that's pissing me off more then anything
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Thu 15 Jul - 6:06:24

FFS Nightmare your negativity brings me down. Cheer the feck up. Of course your allowed an opinion but feck me, being a barnsley fan id expect you to back the team and show atleast a little positivty.

If things are as bad as you make out why dont you stop following the reds? The sort of players Robins has brought in? We've gambled on Dicko but i assume if he starts banging them in you'll be singing his name and cheering the goals?

I'll follow Barnsley for the rest of my life, home and to the furthest corners of the country, sometimes with blind optimism that we might win/go up/cause an upset.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 15 Jul - 8:01:42

I'm same pal i went to every league game last season the few days leading up to games i start to buzz a bit and the Saturday morning when i wake up i'm all optimistic and looking forward to the game and the day out,
but when we lose i'm down for days untill a few days before the next game
the problem this summer is we ended last season without a win in our last 10 games .
when i talk about the singing's and the type of players he is bringing in i'm not so much on about the quality of the signings i'm sure they'll all do the job he want's them to. its the job he's going to ask them to do that's worrying me ex stoke players playing the stoke way jon parkin linked with us aswell playing like stoke is okay if your in the top six all season but you go to football for entertainment and i don't think the way stoke play is entertaining i'd give up the entertainment side of things for the buzz of being in the top six all season but can you really see that happening
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Fri 16 Jul - 8:54:11

NIGHTMARE wrote:I'm same pal i went to every league game last season the few days leading up to games i start to buzz a bit and the Saturday morning when i wake up i'm all optimistic and looking forward to the game and the day out,
but when we lose i'm down for days untill a few days before the next game
the problem this summer is we ended last season without a win in our last 10 games .
when i talk about the singing's and the type of players he is bringing in i'm not so much on about the quality of the signings i'm sure they'll all do the job he want's them to. its the job he's going to ask them to do that's worrying me ex stoke players playing the stoke way jon parkin linked with us aswell playing like stoke is okay if your in the top six all season but you go to football for entertainment and i don't think the way stoke play is entertaining i'd give up the entertainment side of things for the buzz of being in the top six all season but can you really see that happening

I do see what your getting at after that post mate. The buzz would be better in my opininion if we eliminated the countless away games (like under Davey) where we basically did fook all for 90 minutes, depressing coach ride home, monk on until about thursday, start buzzing again friday for more of the same.

I would sacrifice some of the so called 'pretty football' for a better goals for %, better win % and less goals conceeded. Aslong as we are more competitive and can frighten teams throughout a game instead of yawning through matches not creating one solitary chance.

For me its all about being able to say to my mates while stood at the shop waiting for a taxi at 6AM, yeah i can see us winning today and actually beleiving that 100%.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down