The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy eyes top 6 spot

+4
hoolahoop
VixDRFC
superspy
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Billy eyes top 6 spot Empty Billy eyes top 6 spot

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Mar - 21:31:23

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Billy eyes top 6 spot Empty Re: Billy eyes top 6 spot

Post by superspy Mon 15 Mar - 23:18:39

lol, i can imagine billy talking about the playoffs in the changing room and SOD telling him to stfu. Very Happy

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 0:20:19

Its good to have someone with that fire in his Belly, you would never guess he is a loan player, you would think he is enjoying himself that much that he would want to stay with us permanently lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 16 Mar - 4:41:46

In The Times today Billy was reported to have said that SOD had set a target of 50 points and if Rovers win tomorrow, they'll break that and the press will be able to ask him (SOD) about the playoffs lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 16 Mar - 7:52:48

VixDRFC wrote:In The Times today Billy was reported to have said that SOD had set a target of 50 points and if Rovers win tomorrow, they'll break that and the press will be able to ask him (SOD) about the playoffs lol!

I think SO'D will have diificulty keeping Billy off that pitch on Satdi. He has fire in his belly, ambition for both himself and OUR club and would want to play against the Blades come hell or highwater.............SO'D should let him play if there is no pre-arranged written agreement.
Allegiances aside this is his career and an opportunity to be professional and if you like slightly detached but there is a half chance of being close to the Play-Offs if not in them. Would any player turn this down , especially with the conviction and the enjoyment he is getting from both his and the team's performances ? I think not.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 10:13:40

hoolahoop wrote:

I think SO'D will have diificulty keeping Billy off that pitch on Satdi. He has fire in his belly, ambition for both himself and OUR club and would want to play against the Blades come hell or highwater.............SO'D should let him play if there is no pre-arranged written agreement.
Allegiances aside this is his career and an opportunity to be professional and if you like slightly detached but there is a half chance of being close to the Play-Offs if not in them. Would any player turn this down , especially with the conviction and the enjoyment he is getting from both his and the team's performances ? I think not.

Disagree, i think Sod is right in not playing Billy however much we all would like to see him play, if Billy did not score or had a bad game there would be plenty of Rovers fans who would start slagging him off saying it was becauce he was a Blade, also despite there been no actual reason in the contract that stops him playing i think we as a club owe Sheffield utd the courtesy of leaving him out, we have not signed him yet and if we want to have any chance of doing so do we really want to go upsetting them over one game.not worth it, we have enough in the armoury to beat them without Billy, the rest will do him good.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 16 Mar - 11:17:27

i think the rest will do him good aswell, get him fully charged up for the newcastle match, where he will get a hat trick, we will laugh, and there will be cake.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 21:11:20

superspy wrote:i think the rest will do him good aswell, get him fully charged up for the newcastle match, where he will get a hat trick, we will laugh, and there will be cake.

Well with him missing Saturday at least he should be up for it tonight he will be wanting to add to his goal tally , a brace from Billy would be nice..gonna be a hard game though and am starting to get nervous about it, this is just the sort of game that in the past we feck up, hopefully tonight we will buck the trend.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 17 Mar - 0:15:29

easy peasy...3-0 tonight....i fricking hope! lol

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 17 Mar - 4:08:22

superspy wrote:easy peasy...3-0 tonight....i fricking hope! lol

Like i say i am getting more and more nervous about tonight as the game draws near, how many times have we been here before where we are playing a team that on paper we should beat easily only to go and mess it up, i will be glad when tonight is over and done with... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 20 Mar - 5:19:05

Seth just said Donny are paying all Sharp wages
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 6:04:04

pkt_drfc wrote:Seth just said Donny are paying all Sharp wages

Really !! in which case I reassert that he should play tomorrow, possibly there may be a pre-contract for his services already signed for in principle do you think ? Shocked Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 20 Mar - 6:06:57

Maybe so Hoola but Blackie was interviewed aswell and he said he is glad he scoring hinting he has a place in the team but seth knows more then he is letting on because he said my honest opnion sharp has no future at sheff utd
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 6:18:07

pkt_drfc wrote:Maybe so Hoola but Blackie was interviewed aswell and he said he is glad he scoring hinting he has a place in the team but seth knows more then he is letting on because he said my honest opnion sharp has no future at sheff utd

It's highly unusual to pay 100% of a loanee's wages, something is afoot, especially when we keep saying we can't afford those wage demands. Shocked Shocked Shocked KB appears to be covering his arse and staving off the attacks from the Blades, he's hoping that things turn out alright for the P/Offs for the Blades but the knives ( or should I say Blades ) will be twisting in his back shortly . They want him out period!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 20 Mar - 18:50:08

there is no way on this planet that we are paying sharps wages. im not an insider, im just going on logic here.

correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the reason we didnt sign him properly due to his wages? so why the hell would we be able to afford them as a loan deal. think seth might be misinformed there.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 20 Mar - 19:05:44

superspy wrote:there is no way on this planet that we are paying sharps wages. im not an insider, im just going on logic here.

correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the reason we didnt sign him properly due to his wages? so why the hell would we be able to afford them as a loan deal. think seth might be misinformed there.

Perhaps the problem was "transfer and wages" It seems with a couple of players (can't remember who) we could afford one or the other but not both.
It does make you wonder if somethings afoot if we are paying all his wages
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sat 20 Mar - 19:17:22

Seem to remember SOD saying that Sheff U had been 'very helpful' in the loan contract. I think they are making his wages up and Rovers are paying him within their wage structure. It would make sense then, just no made any details public.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 20 Mar - 20:10:50

Seth bennett is not an idiot he would not have broadcast that information unless he had the facts, it was not hearsay he had gone away from the previous nights show when someone asked the question and found out. Maybe just Maybe this is where some of the Wellens /Mills money has gone, maybe just maybe they have speculated to accumulate, would it not have been better to pay his wages for a season and try him out then just go sign him up to a 4 year deal and find out that he could not score goals for adam, maybe just maybe this was all part of a deal between the Blades and Rovers and that we might just be going to sign him at the end of this season or maybe an agreement was made between us and them that if Billy decided to go else where we might have got some of the money back, all i do know is that Seth would not announce something like that without having someones permission.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 20 Mar - 20:43:21

He might well do it in mistake though, as much as I would love BS to become a "proper Rover" I would rather listen to ROK when he says it needs a lottery win to do it, just a little closer to the horses mouth.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 20 Mar - 21:00:58

Doncaster Rovers have paid Billys wages all of this season while he has been at the club, that is what he said, nothing about signing him next season , just that we have paid it this, he would not have released that info without having his facts right.and i think it shows that the club are doing what the majority of fans are constantly asking them to do, put there hand in there pocket...this fills me with confidence about next season.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 20 Mar - 21:05:13

Same here, it has been a terrific season for Rovers still finishing higher each season than we did the one before, other than the small blip when we changed managers over. Finish in or around the playoffs this season and then what next year? cheers
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Mar - 4:24:42

Should have buried them in the first half Will, the game should have been long gone for them.
Fact re. BS wages is that we do seem to be paying the wages........Seth would have a) checked out carefully the info. and b) corrected the error (if there had been one made). ''Smoking mirrors'' perhaps from some quarters ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Mar - 8:02:43

hoolahoop wrote:Should have buried them in the first half Will, the game should have been long gone for them.
Fact re. BS wages is that we do seem to be paying the wages........Seth would have a) checked out carefully the info. and b) corrected the error (if there had been one made). ''Smoking mirrors'' perhaps from some quarters ?

Too right Hoola, in the first half we should have been 3 -0 up, they were better in the second and on reflection a draw was a fare result.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Mar - 8:21:12

yorkie64red wrote:

Too right Hoola, in the first half we should have been 3 -0 up, they were better in the second and on reflection a draw was a fare result.. Rolling Eyes

Shame it was Roversworld and pyjamas for me then! Sad Sad When you should have out of sight, a draw never seems a fair result to me though ? scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Mar - 8:21:46

Oh well. Move on to the Magpies eh? Basketball

Last edited by hoolahoop on Mon 22 Mar - 21:13:44; edited 1 time in total
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content