The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for the Derby County game?

4 posters

Go down

Predictions for the Derby County game? Empty Predictions for the Derby County game?

Post by ste303 Tue 16 Mar - 9:55:22

I'm sticking to my positive outlook on all things Boro and having judged that Derby are below us and likewise struggling for form i predict that they will beat us 2-0.

*shoves hands in pockets, walks off to the pub!*
ste303
ste303
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the Derby County game? Empty Re: Predictions for the Derby County game?

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 10:03:46

They were shite on saturday, you should have no problems, i will go 0-2 to you.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Predictions for the Derby County game? Empty Re: Predictions for the Derby County game?

Post by ste303 Tue 16 Mar - 10:10:07

yeah but we only play well for 70 mins............. gives them 20 mins to score 2.

we are the best team in the league to play if the other team is on a shitty run
ste303
ste303
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 10:15:04

ste303 wrote:yeah but we only play well for 70 mins............. gives them 20 mins to score 2.

we are the best team in the league to play if the other team is on a shitty run

Its ok they don't play well at all.... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtpepper Wed 17 Mar - 6:44:24

Unchanged team for the first time in a long while.
Expecting The Boro to take this game by the horns and give Derby a hammering.

1-3 to the lads.
sgtpepper
sgtpepper
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 8:48:46

sgtpepper wrote:Unchanged team for the first time in a long while.
Expecting The Boro to take this game by the horns and give Derby a hammering.

1-3 to the lads.

Think you will lose mesen . Rover up to 8th. Razz Razz Razz Razz
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtpepper Wed 17 Mar - 8:50:32

Well once again we allowed a team to come back at us in the end we were lucky to get the draw.
Still in with an outside chance of the playoffs. lol!
sgtpepper
sgtpepper
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 9:00:12

sgtpepper wrote:Well once again we allowed a team to come back at us in the end we were lucky to get the draw.
Still in with an outside chance of the playoffs. lol!

Of course you are along with a few teams, Derby are strange ; you never know exactly what team is coming out of that tunnel. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ste303 Wed 17 Mar - 9:08:17

would you want to get promoted if we still have this team next year....... i don't fancy a season of getting screwed over in the EPL, i'd rather us wait till we are ready and go back up to stay up..... hate yo-yoing
ste303
ste303
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 9:22:38

ste303 wrote:would you want to get promoted if we still have this team next year....... i don't fancy a season of getting screwed over in the EPL, i'd rather us wait till we are ready and go back up to stay up..... hate yo-yoing

Ah but you've been there done it, got the tee-shirt etc. Just for one season I would love it although we are still under-financed, under-supported ( this town is a disgrace!!) etc . for over 40 years I have dreamt of this moment. Throughout those Conference years, coffin carrying years, years of thieving owners/directors, years of losing our young'uns to Leeds ( a better prospect for glory hunting ).
Do I want it of course I do even for just one season, virtually every supporter of every CCC has had the luck to see that for their team.
I no longer want my club to be talked about as ''poor/little'' Donny and to only have 60 secs. on any footy show........it's our turn , our half chance!! Very Happy
My Chairman, Board and fellow supporters deserve just ONE opportunity at some stage..........don't we ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ste303 Wed 17 Mar - 9:27:59

was directing my comment at fellow pessimists sorry lad, god yeah, would be awesome for ya to go up, i was just saying i'd rather that if we do go up its with a strong team and not just scraping through by the skin of our teeth on a last minute play-off shit show, only to be miserable all season next year when we have our pants pulled down by every team that's bought our so called decent players from the last few seasons.
ste303
ste303
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 9:34:35

ste303 wrote:was directing my comment at fellow pessimists sorry lad, god yeah, would be awesome for ya to go up, i was just saying i'd rather that if we do go up its with a strong team and not just scraping through by the skin of our teeth on a last minute play-off shit show, only to be miserable all season next year when we have our pants pulled down by every team that's bought our so called decent players from the last few seasons.

I know ste but I thought you would understand my dilemma with the future because of such previous experiences. We have our own pessimists , who would you believe think that even if the 'off chance' of a PO place was there ; then we shouldn't go for it for fear of imploding the club completely. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ste303 Wed 17 Mar - 9:43:17

screw that.... look at west brom, no cash never break the bank when they sign players......... they still manage to mix it up every couple of seasons and get promoted, no reason why you lot can't
the trick is not to overspend on gambles.......... like Uefa cup spots.... yeah we got to a final.......... but look at us now.
ste303
ste303
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 9:55:23

ste303 wrote:screw that.... look at west brom, no cash never break the bank when they sign players......... they still manage to mix it up every couple of seasons and get promoted, no reason why you lot can't
the trick is not to overspend on gambles.......... like Uefa cup spots.... yeah we got to a final.......... but look at us now.

Ah but you will always be back, we might and should only hope for a short spell in the sun. We just haven't got the income streams whilst some of our local toe-rags choose to be armchair Manure, Weeds , Blunts, Fowls and even Chelski.
Our locals follow the fashionable teams now the bigger city teams, it's a constant battle to get 5 figure crowds to watch great footy from such a large town bordering on city status.
Yes our young'uns are now starting to proudly wear our colours around our town where before they didn't for fear of derision but we have lost a whole generation and many of their children. We quite simply can't do enough to get them back to watch the footy we are currently playing.......it's a worry. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtpepper Thu 18 Mar - 18:01:54

ste303 wrote:was directing my comment at fellow pessimists .

I'll have you know young man that not a drop has passed my lips hic "this morning". Very Happy

One little point I would like to put to you.
Yes it could be a wrong doing to go up and not be prepared so we may/maynot get a hammering much like when young Gareth was about.
But if we did make the playoffs and earned that extra dosh plus the Wembley appearance that would swell the coffers for wee Gordys next seasons rebuild.
A visit to the P/L would swell them even more so. lol!hic
sgtpepper
sgtpepper
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down