The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Predictions

5 posters

Go down

Derby Predictions Empty Derby Predictions

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 2 Oct - 0:45:09

Gonna be an interesting one, we seem to have found our feet again in the last couple of games, and Derby will be stinging from Tuesday night's thrashing at Cardiff. I'm confident that we can get at least a draw from this, if forced to stick my neck out, I'd say 2-1 Owls. Thoughts people?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Derby Predictions Empty Re: Derby Predictions

Post by The Wednesday Fri 2 Oct - 1:17:37

Every other time i've predicted this score i've said 2-0 Wednesday.

I suppose it depends how fired up Derby are after their 6-1 thrashing. I'm hoping it's completely knocked their confidence and they come out feeling sorry for themselves. The first goal is always key, but probably more so in a game like this, if we get it I can't see Nigel Clough being able lift their players like someone like Billy Davies (idiot) could.

Watch everything be the total opposite to what i've just said.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 2 Oct - 1:27:28

The Wednesday wrote:Watch everything be the total opposite to what i've just said.

Laughing

It's always difficult to call how a team will react to a thrashing like Derby suffered during the week. As confident as I am that we can get a result, I'm worried that the defensive woes that have subsided in the last couple of games will once again rear their ugly heads... Embarassed
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 2 Oct - 3:59:33

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
The Wednesday wrote:Watch everything be the total opposite to what i've just said.

Laughing

It's always difficult to call how a team will react to a thrashing like Derby suffered during the week. As confident as I am that we can get a result, I'm worried that the defensive woes that have subsided in the last couple of games will once again rear their ugly heads... Embarassed

As you said this is hard to predict, they could be playing with their heads down, but seeing as its a Clough in chardge, im sure a Rollocking was on after the fill time whistle.

2-1 Wednesday still though, Esajas and Tudders, hopefully Tudgay will be in double figures come november. Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by GazBlade Sat 3 Oct - 6:15:55

3-0 Derby. Hulse hat-trick!! tongue
GazBlade
GazBlade
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sat 3 Oct - 6:19:01

GazBlade wrote:3-0 Derby. Hulse hat-trick!! tongue

rabbit
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 5 Oct - 6:23:27

GazBlade wrote:3-0 Derby. Hulse hat-trick!! tongue

Apart from the Hulse hat-trick you were spot on, well done Crying or Very sad
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GazBlade Mon 5 Oct - 7:14:09

It doesn't make me happy in any way that i predicted the result and that Hulse got on the scoresheet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Bad day at the office, 'The Wendy????' Keep smilin Very Happy
GazBlade
GazBlade
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 5 Oct - 7:29:09

GazBlade wrote:Bad day at the office...

Something you're certainly getting used to. Keep smiling. Laughing Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 5 Oct - 7:35:47

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
GazBlade wrote:Bad day at the office...

Something you're certainly getting used to. Keep smiling. Laughing Wink

True they couldn't even beat a massively patched up team at home. lol! lol! lol! Mind it was the reserves of our 'pub team'!
Little old Donny blah blah blah etc.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by GazBlade Mon 5 Oct - 8:07:42

Certainly not my opinion Hoola. And yes, i'm gettin used to bad days! BOO HOOOOOO Sad 6th in league and lookin doomed!! Very Happy
GazBlade
GazBlade
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 5 Oct - 8:21:17

GazBlade wrote:Certainly not my opinion Hoola. And yes, i'm gettin used to bad days! BOO HOOOOOO Sad 6th in league and lookin doomed!! Very Happy

It's a strange division this one , everybody can beat anybody at any time. You can virtually throw the form book out of the window from game to game........ a Bookies paradise!
That very unpredictability probably nay does make this the most interesting place for your team to play in. Smile Smile Smile Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by GazBlade Mon 5 Oct - 16:26:59

yeh, it's quite bizarre how we all strive to get to the promised land knowing damn well that our future would then be hovering around mid-table, AT BEST!! mmmm, get promoted to a division where to win the title is virtually impossible!! Now that's bizarre!! Shocked
GazBlade
GazBlade
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 8 Oct - 3:29:13

GazBlade wrote:yeh, it's quite bizarre how we all strive to get to the promised land knowing damn well that our future would then be hovering around mid-table, AT BEST!! mmmm, get promoted to a division where to win the title is virtually impossible!! Now that's bizarre!! Shocked

There's a slight air of defeatism in your comment but unfortunately bar 4/5 teams it will always be impossible to achieve the ultimate i.e. being champions whilst the game is being played on such an uneven playing field. wished we had some of your money though, sorry rephrase that we do but are afraid / unwilling to spend any of our own. Sad Sad
I suppose the rest of the teams always have the League Cup to strive for! Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down