The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie

2 posters

Go down

Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie Empty Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 4 Apr - 7:52:44

"Dear Leeds United

I don’t really care who owns Leeds UTD. I don’t really care who the chairman is. I have never been caught up in conspiracy theories and the black magic that is always wound up with our club. All I have ever really cared about is the 11 men who pull on the white shirt every weekend. Its been a long, long fall from grace, you may have read about it, its been well documented.

What I am interested in, are the people currently employed i.e the ones who pull on the white shirt. Do they understand that people gave their lives for this club? Both fans and staff???

Les Cockers health was never the same after Leeds, and I know that his family feel the pressure at Leeds directly related to his death. Means nothing

Chris and Kev should have been honoured today, but they were more let down than any of the other fans in the ground and worldwide. Means nothing

Billy Bremner gave everything, and would have happily have given his life for the other 10 men on the pitch. He was one of the most talented footballers who ever lived, but never got recognised as such, because he played for Leeds. Because he gave everything for Leeds. Means nothing

Don Revie, and the rest of my family by proxy, got hated by the rest of the footballing world and ironically still are, even though we can’t play football to save our lives. Why? Because HE gave his all for Leeds, he made us a force, and he created a legacy, a legacy we still get abuse for. Means nothing

So when does this end? So when does the abuse of the fans stop? When do the players start giving a sh1t? Or at the very least the ones who don’t care TRY and go through the motions. Because everything we are and all that made us, basically means nothing to them.

I would rather play a youth team every week who have been bought up by their families knowing what it is to be Leeds and knowing what it means to play at Elland Road than the shower of fakers and liars we currently have. Because you know what, no one was ever hated for doing their best. If we got thumped five-nil week in week out, but the players grafted and showed they wanted it I wouldn’t care.

I don’t live in Leeds now, I have been to ten games this season, I have travelled from the Middle East for each of those games. People travel from America, from Russia, from Denmark etc and the South of England, just to cheer the boys on. Did I mention we were division 3?

Because the thing that the players fail to grasp... this isn’t, and it never has been, just a game. Its life and death and people have given their earthly life to Leeds just to prove that.

Take responsibility, take some sense of history. Have some pride, try and be brave. We would never hate you for trying. Because at the moment, you disgust me.

Would of attempted this mesen but am not smart enough...but this basically sums it up
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie Empty Re: Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Apr - 8:38:01

Powerful emotions indeed, is he a Leeds fan ? Laughing

Joking apart though do you think that other teams don't have similar tragedies too and half-hearted players? The very team you malign at every opportunity i.e. Manure lost some of the finest players of their age in a plane crash, please think on next time you sing the Dambusters song eh?
Strange that when most supporters over 45 are asked about the players they most respected and admired they would mention Billy Bremner as one of those players.
I spoke to a young Leeds supporter STH who thought that beating Manure would compensate you this season if you didn't get promoted ; what sort of twisted logic is that ffs ? It's high time that your management, supporters and club stopped living in the past and started to think about the present and the future.
Time to stop estranging yourselves from the rest of the footy community, all this everybody hates us stuff is beyond pathetic. Time the club and it's fans joined the real world don't you think ?
Incidentally , I do hope that you remembered the 2 lads that were killed in Turkey, the post doesn't clarify this at all scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie Empty Re: Dear Leeds United from WACCOE'S Aidan Revie

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 4 Apr - 9:05:03

hoolahoop wrote:Powerful emotions indeed, is he a Leeds fan ? Laughing

Joking apart though do you think that other teams don't have similar tragedies too and half-hearted players? The very team you malign at every opportunity i.e. Manure lost some of the finest players of their age in a plane crash, please think on next time you sing the Dambusters song eh?
Strange that when most supporters over 45 are asked about the players they most respected and admired they would mention Billy Bremner as one of those players.
I spoke to a young Leeds supporter STH who thought that beating Manure would compensate you this season if you didn't get promoted ; what sort of twisted logic is that ffs ? It's high time that your management, supporters and club stopped living in the past and started to think about the present and the future.
Time to stop estranging yourselves from the rest of the footy community, all this everybody hates us stuff is beyond pathetic. Time the club and it's fans joined the real world don't you think ?
Incidentally , I do hope that you remembered the 2 lads that were killed in Turkey, the post doesn't clarify this at all scratch

Dambusters? if your on about the runway song give me a bit of respect a might be from Leeds but i aint pure scum why would i find innocent people dieing funny?

As great as beating scum was id trade it for 2nd place anyday, even a couple of days after the game i would of taken promotion over it

Like it or not Leeds are hated, was going through some of the threads on the leeds board earlier and if anyting the hatred for leeds is pathetic

Am hoping to get down to the Bremner statue on monday and lay a scarfe or some flowers, i just wish the players would remember them, Think that post is aimed at the players, "means nothing"-to them
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Apr - 9:20:38

Sorry I meant the ''runway'' song. Leeds are hated for the same reason as the Bindippers, Manure and Chelski...........success in the past breeds jealousy. Your fans perpetuate 'the we are hated thing' and is it any wonder that folk think you are insular and act superior , You like the Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool eroded a generation of glory fans from supporting their local clubs i.e. my own team.
I agree your past success wasn't your fault but nevertheless 100's if not 1000's go from my home town every other week to Elland Rd. or choose to sit in the pub locally with their Leeds shirts on. We never get to see the revenue from these people and consequently we bleed.
Ask Oldham, Bolton, Stockport, Crewe fans in the North West who they hate the most and ........it certainly isn't your team as much as you lot might like to think so!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 4 Apr - 9:28:53

hoolahoop wrote:Sorry I meant the ''runway'' song. Leeds are hated for the same reason as the Bindippers, Manure and Chelski...........success in the past breeds jealousy. Your fans perpetuate 'the we are hated thing' and is it any wonder that folk think you are insular and act superior , You like the Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool eroded a generation of glory fans from supporting their local clubs i.e. my own team.
I agree your past success wasn't your fault but nevertheless 100's if not 1000's go from my home town every other week to Elland Rd. or choose to sit in the pub locally with their Leeds shirts on. We never get to see the revenue from these people and consequently we bleed.
Ask Oldham, Bolton, Stockport, Crewe fans in the North West who they hate the most and ........it certainly isn't your team as much as you lot might like to think so!!

When weve got Swindon fans singing WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM...Swindon? just about every club in the country sings this song, and last season we were voted "THE MOST LOATHED CLUB IN THE COUNTRY" that came as quite a shock to me aswell mate, but its a title am proud to boast. We take more coaches and minibuses to home games than away fans do, we dont have a local fan base ill admit, but were all leeds, ive noticed the Plymouth Whites minibus at every home game this season, we have a national fanbase and am proud of it because with out them we would get about 5000 every week.

I know we wont be the most hated club in the north west...well there will be alot of scum fans round there so who knows ;o)

Leeds fans who dont go to games do my head in as much as yours i bet
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Apr - 9:37:23

Why are you proud to be 'the most loathed club in the country' ??? You perpetuate a myth yourselves and have pride in it, you don't seriously think the Swindon fans really hate you do you!
Believe me with i.e. Oldham you don't even come close to being their most hated club , probably not even in their top 4.
Footy fans jump on a bandwagon , ours do ........do you really think they all really hate you?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 4 Apr - 9:43:32

hoolahoop wrote:Why are you proud to be 'the most loathed club in the country' ??? You perpetuate a myth yourselves and have pride in it, you don't seriously think the Swindon fans really hate you do you!
Believe me with i.e. Oldham you don't even come close to being their most hated club , probably not even in their top 4.
Footy fans jump on a bandwagon , ours do ........do you really think they all really hate you?

No i dont...am as stumped as you as to why were the most hated club int country

I doubt Donny lads go to places like Plymouth singing we all hate Plymouth scum, the only clubs who i say proper hate us are scum and most Yorkshire clubs and maybe older Derby lads
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down