The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**Leeds united v Liverpool**

3 posters

Go down

**Leeds united v Liverpool** Empty **Leeds united v Liverpool**

Post by donnywhitegaz Thu 17 Sep - 20:51:30

come on then guys what do you think the result will be,28.000 tickets sold as of last night and 11,500 to go,liverpool have not had the best of starts and weve only conceeded one goal from open play in 9 games and have looked dangerous at the other end with beckford,bechio and grella,a full elland road and the excitement of having a big prem club back in town could spur the new leeds onto a win in my opinion i feel a tight 1 -0 to leeds if kisnorbo/bromby and naylor are all fit Very Happy
donnywhitegaz
donnywhitegaz
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

**Leeds united v Liverpool** Empty Re: **Leeds united v Liverpool**

Post by superspy Thu 17 Sep - 22:35:20

alternatively you could get arseholed 3 or 4-0.

bitterness aside, indeed you have only conceeded 1 goal from openplay in 9 games, and if u were in the prem i'd be a bit more impressed, alas, they were league 1 matches...premiership quality coming to town is a bit different i think. after all, we've played 3 at home and only conceeded once.....yet we dropped 5 to tottenham.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 18 Sep - 8:52:21

superspy wrote:alternatively you could get arseholed 3 or 4-0.

bitterness aside, indeed you have only conceeded 1 goal from openplay in 9 games, and if u were in the prem i'd be a bit more impressed, alas, they were league 1 matches...premiership quality coming to town is a bit different i think. after all, we've played 3 at home and only conceeded once.....yet we dropped 5 to tottenham.
See this as a good game but you will be thrashed and then it will be the tears again (a la Play-Offs). Strange start to the sentence but any game you lose will be a good game! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnywhitegaz Wed 23 Sep - 20:23:41

morning hoola,thrashed ???? joking aside,i was so proud of my team last night,they worked there socks off and played just like we have being,came up against a weaker than normal liverpool side but this was still a good side,we made lots of chances and had the lions share of possesion,players played there skins out,fans sang there hearts out and we didnt get the result,but ..... we can all be proud of the performance and for anyone that seen it they have got to agree,had the result been reversed im sure liverpool would be complaining to high heaven about the elbow and dissallowed goal,we just get on with it and look forward to wimbledons plastic afc on sat Laughing

all in all a performance to be proud of even if we did lose Exclamation
donnywhitegaz
donnywhitegaz
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 23 Sep - 20:49:40

donnywhitegaz wrote:morning hoola,thrashed ???? joking aside,i was so proud of my team last night,they worked there socks off and played just like we have being,came up against a weaker than normal liverpool side but this was still a good side,we made lots of chances and had the lions share of possesion,players played there skins out,fans sang there hearts out and we didnt get the result,but ..... we can all be proud of the performance and for anyone that seen it they have got to agree,had the result been reversed im sure liverpool would be complaining to high heaven about the elbow and dissallowed goal,we just get on with it and look forward to wimbledons plastic afc on sat Laughing

all in all a performance to be proud of even if we did lose Exclamation
True Gaz, I have to eat my words.............unlucky but they are a Prem. team. Incidentally I wonder if you can pull a bigger attendance for your next home match , perhaps you can even get bigger crowds than Norwich ? lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnywhitegaz Wed 23 Sep - 21:09:36

cheeky,yes norwich are pushing on the attendance front funny thing is alot of us that go to games reg in the league were not there last night so there was a fair few creeping back into the fold,simon has got some of the stay away fans sitting up and taking notice of how hes got these boys playing
donnywhitegaz
donnywhitegaz
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 24 Sep - 0:04:03

donnywhitegaz wrote:cheeky,yes norwich are pushing on the attendance front funny thing is alot of us that go to games reg in the league were not there last night so there was a fair few creeping back into the fold,simon has got some of the stay away fans sitting up and taking notice of how hes got these boys playing
Couldn't resist it GAZ, it was a heavy topic on Talksport yesterday! Smile
Having said that if the supporters that are usually sat waiting for success are beginning to turn up it must be going the right way.
We moan as DRFC supporters how fickle our fans can be without realising the same moans are coming from 'regular' supporters everywhere(with 1/2 noteable exceptions). It is difficult in these hard times especially to drag these 'armchair' fans back to games, many of them still pefer to bury a dozen pints or so in the warmth of a pub/at home somewhere rather than being a man (when affordable) and letting your hair down with your mates. These are the same folk who watch their team on sky etc. and point out to all and sundry the empty seats where they should be sitting!
You seem to have a good manager there who is getting regular solid results, the only thing that should cause a problem from here on in could be serious injuries to 'key' players or worse ..............complacency. It looks like you will be playing us again next season if all goes well for both sides. Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc.......................................bring it on.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Thu 24 Sep - 3:01:13

i just wonder how different it might have been if liverpool had been full strength.

taking nothing away from leeds though, they played like they wanted it, and you can tell they are full of confidence. it's got to be said though, they do look like they are playing with confidence rather than skill.

ps...the match was crap. lol

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Sep - 17:27:05

superspy wrote:i just wonder how different it might have been if liverpool had been full strength.

taking nothing away from leeds though, they played like they wanted it, and you can tell they are full of confidence. it's got to be said though, they do look like they are playing with confidence rather than skill.

ps...the match was crap. lol
From experience a team playing as a team brimming with confidence (as they currently are) can beat any team of disparate superstars. Footy is just that..........a confidence game.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down