The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next season.

4 posters

Go down

Next season. Empty Next season.

Post by d.r.f.c Sun 18 Apr - 8:14:28

Right looking forward to next season now.

Now not wanting to sound negative as we have had a fantastic season but i cant see us getting anywhere without a quality striker whether this could be sharp or maybe someone else but we dont have enough quality up front. Some say Heffs is quality and there is many mixed opinions on him and he is not even worth disscussing and think its fair to say he will be gone in the summer like guy aswell.So we are down to our barebones now up front all we have is a 19 year old KID and Hayter who struggles to play 30 games a season oh and lets not forget steve brooker but can he stay fit. i DOUBT it.

We are vunrable at the back with Martis who as someone pointed out the other day is a liability,we also have roberts and 0 connor who are great and very consistent but you need 11 players who are consistent on a regular basis not just 4 or 5,we looked much more solid when shackell was here and we could do with a big CH like shackell or even better shackell himself but its like the sharp situation here and the same question keeps popping up "Can we afford the players we want?"
Also we have a 40 year old keeper and surely he cant go on forever.

Now our midfield seems to win us games with some exceptional players and its such a shame they are so inconsistent,i know we have quality in Coppinger and Sheils and Wilson but these players always seem to be so inconsistent and 1 day they can tear teams apart or they can just go unnoticed and its such a shame as there is so much quality in there. Our most consistent midfield player has been John Oster imo as he has been fantastic apart from his red card at scunthorpe and his night on the town. I would cash in on stock if a decent offer came in as it is a shame but he is injury prone and i dont think he will ever fix that back of his.

Im sure sod will make good signings again in the summer but i honestly belive a big big clearout is needed if we are to progress further up the football leauge.

R.T.I.D

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Next season. Empty Re: Next season.

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Apr - 8:20:39

Heffernan and Guy may well be gone but we will not go into next season without replacing them, if thats Billy i don't know but if its not there will be someone else, thats how it works some come and some go..i agree i think today has shown how vunerable we are when key players like Stock, Woods, Sharp, Coppinger are not in the squad, the closed season might have a few surprises for us.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 9:09:01

yorkie64red wrote:Heffernan and Guy may well be gone but we will not go into next season without replacing them, if thats Billy i don't know but if its not there will be someone else, thats how it works some come and some go..i agree i think today has shown how vunerable we are when key players like Stock, Woods, Sharp, Coppinger are not in the squad, the closed season might have a few surprises for us.. Wink

Were we that badly out of the race on this one Bri ? i didn't manage to follow it at all, however the squad is wafer thin .
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by d.r.f.c Sun 18 Apr - 9:12:52

There is simply not enough strength in depth.

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 9:14:36

d.r.f.c wrote:There is simply not enough strength in depth.

I think we will recognise that after the injury ridden season we have endured..........at least I hope so!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by d.r.f.c Mon 19 Apr - 1:14:47

We will need to spend a bit of cash if we are to progress and that is reality im afraid,if we are to compete with some of the best sides in england i am not saying go crazy but we must spend and improve the squad as some players just are not upto standard.
I wont mention them as im sure we all know who they are,the list goes on and on.

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by d.r.f.c Mon 19 Apr - 2:07:30

I will just add that i think we will go down next season if we dont splash a bit of cash,without a quality striker i feel we will be down next season.

many will disagree but i dont keep my red specs on all the time.

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 19 Apr - 3:42:21

d.r.f.c wrote:I will just add that i think we will go down next season if we dont splash a bit of cash,without a quality striker i feel we will be down next season.

many will disagree but i dont keep my red specs on all the time.

We will not be going down, we have one of the best Chairmen and Managers in the whole League , stop being a faint heart. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 19 Apr - 4:53:33

hoolahoop wrote:

We will not be going down, we have one of the best Chairmen and Managers in the whole League , stop being a faint heart. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Exactly, we are getting a better class of player all the time and so far we have done it without breaking the bank, i still think we will sign Billy but if we don't i can see us going for another season long loan with someone like Sam Vokes, i do think however that certain players need replacing fortunatly i have absolute faith in Sod and Rok, they have not really failed us yet,i can't wait for the new signings i think we could well be up for a few surprises.. cheers cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 19 Apr - 6:21:22

Copied from VSC site the poster is the chap who arranged "An Evening With J.R," at Donny Little Theatre

Al4475

Buying Popular STAND fanzine

Re:Players in/Players out 31 Minutes ago
JR is prepared to go to £750,000 for Billy, he reckons Sheff Utd have no chance of getting £1.5m for a player in the last year of his contract, he is hopeful of retaining pretty much all our current squad and would really like 3 new signings for next season: Sharp, Shackell and one other, he's also interested in looking at getting JET on a season long loan next year and ! So you never know - don't write anything off just yet!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 19 Apr - 6:26:13

Dagenham Rover wrote:Copied from VSC site the poster is the chap who arranged "An Evening With J.R," at Donny Little Theatre

Al4475

Buying Popular STAND fanzine

Re:Players in/Players out 31 Minutes ago
JR is prepared to go to £750,000 for Billy, he reckons Sheff Utd have no chance of getting £1.5m for a player in the last year of his contract, he is hopeful of retaining pretty much all our current squad and would really like 3 new signings for next season: Sharp, Shackell and one other, he's also interested in looking at getting JET on a season long loan next year and ! So you never know - don't write anything off just yet!

Thats fantastic news, always thought any bid for Billy would be around the £750K region probably with a few add on's i suppose it will be down to Billy himself but where theres life theres hope, also good news about Shackell and Jet, gonna be a exciting pre-season..just hope my old ticker can stand it and any signings don't go to the last day.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 19 Apr - 6:39:17

yorkie64red wrote:

Thats fantastic news, always thought any bid for Billy would be around the £750K region probably with a few add on's i suppose it will be down to Billy himself but where theres life theres hope, also good news about Shackell and Jet, gonna be a exciting pre-season..just hope my old ticker can stand it and any signings don't go to the last day.. Rolling Eyes

Ramiprill works well keeping the old pressure down Laughing Reckon I might have to double my dose Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 19 Apr - 6:45:05

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Ramiprill works well keeping the old pressure down Laughing Reckon I might have to double my dose Shocked

thanks i'll get some off Hoola..... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 19 Apr - 6:49:49

Poor old Hoola
Blood pressure, Binge Drinking, Binge eating he'll be lucky to see next season Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 19 Apr - 6:54:09

Dagenham Rover wrote:Poor old Hoola
Blood pressure, Binge Drinking, Binge eating he'll be lucky to see next season Shocked

And if that doesn't finish him off he drives a Toyota... affraid affraid affraid affraid lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 19 Apr - 7:00:18

So, out of the pub, down to the burger stall, round a corner, and rollover.
Thats if the accelerator and brakes work after 20 pints 4 cheeseburgers and a hot dog
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 19 Apr - 7:02:00

Dagenham Rover wrote:So, out of the pub, down to the burger stall, round a corner, and rollover.
Thats if the accelerator and brakes work after 20 pints 4 cheeseburgers and a hot dog

Don't forget the 60 a day fags...but yes that just about sums it up.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by d.r.f.c Mon 19 Apr - 8:58:02

yorkie64red wrote:

A realiable source told me about 750k being agreed at the start of the season infact i sent hoola a pm telling him about it but for some reason im still not convinced.

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down