The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . .

+4
superspy
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
NIGHTMARE
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . . Empty All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . .

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Sep - 6:18:26

What i call active fans .

So how long you been going to games ?
Do you have a season ticket ?
Do you get to away games ? If yes how often ?
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . . Empty Re: All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . .

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Sep - 6:24:52

Have supported Rovers for about 8 years, yes i have a season ticket along with the wife, i did all the derby matches last season, but am finding myself doing alot more this time round, so far this season i have done Watford, Middlesbrough and am going to Scunny tommorow, i have tickets for Sheffield utd and will be getting tickets for Newcastle on monday, i have also recently joined a local supporters club where i have met some great people, some who post on here, its a great time to be a Rover it just seems to get better and better and long may it continue.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . . Empty Re: All You Rovers Lot Seem To Be . . .

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Sep - 6:32:01

For me since 66/67 season . Fell out of love with the game for a few years in the 80's but am a season ticket holder, alliance and vikings supporters club member (costs a fortune all that lot!) As for away games , I try to get to as many as possible. c (12-15).........prefer the away games like most supporters.
I also Chair a Supporters club in our area.
How about you Nightmare seems you are heavily involved too ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Sep - 6:36:04

hoolahoop wrote:For me since 66/67 season . Fell out of love with the game for a few years in the 80's but am a season ticket holder, alliance and vikings supporters club member (costs a fortune all that lot!) As for away games , I try to get to as many as possible. c (12-15).........prefer the away games like most supporters.
I also Chair a Supporters club in our area.
How about you Nightmare seems you are heavily involved too ?

God to think when you first watched Rovers i was only two... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 26 Sep - 11:29:07

i was minus 20. lol

i've been a fan of rovers for a long time, but i wouldnt class myself as a supporter up until the keepmoat was opened. i went to belle vue a bit when i was a kid, but i didnt find peeing in a porta-loo all that fun. then lost interest in football (except for playing it) for quite a while. when the 'moat opened, all that changed.

went to the opening game, and as many games as i could get to that season, then came the paint trophy final, which was awesome. then came the play offs at wembley. that season i only did the one away game...huddersfield 2-2 it was.

last year i managed 17 home games i think and away wise i did

forest
barnsley
sheff u
sheff wednesday
preston

Myself and my fiancee are both season tickets this season for the first time and so far away we've done

watford
west brom
scunny tomorrow
already have sheff utd tickets
will be getting newcastle tickets next week

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Sep - 17:03:12

superspy wrote:i was minus 20. lol

i've been a fan of rovers for a long time, but i wouldnt class myself as a supporter up until the keepmoat was opened. i went to belle vue a bit when i was a kid, but i didnt find peeing in a porta-loo all that fun. then lost interest in football (except for playing it) for quite a while. when the 'moat opened, all that changed.

went to the opening game, and as many games as i could get to that season, then came the paint trophy final, which was awesome. then came the play offs at wembley. that season i only did the one away game...huddersfield 2-2 it was.

last year i managed 17 home games i think and away wise i did

forest
barnsley
sheff u
sheff wednesday
preston

Myself and my fiancee are both season tickets this season for the first time and so far away we've done

watford
west brom
scunny tomorrow
already have sheff utd tickets
will be getting newcastle tickets next week
There's far too much 'ageism' going on here you lot can fook right off, I'm going to find another forum that doesn't discriminate to this extent.
Well donre for your first STH superspy + lass btw, perhaps you can get married at the Deepthroat eh with your new status. Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 26 Sep - 19:29:27

funny you should say that. i was going to get in touch with the KMS to find out if there were plans to get the place licensed for civil ceremonies (it doesnt say anything about it on the website...surprise surprise) as we thought it would be really nice to get married there seeing as its personal to us both Smile

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 26 Sep - 19:51:15

Saw my first Rovers match in the 66/67 season, can't remember much except Alick scoring and blasting the ball straight at me stood behind the net at the cowshed. Gave up football in the early Eighties because of the stupid violence associated with it, but came bouncing back after the Conf. play off final, STH since except for this year when circumstances have stopped me.

At least I look a lot younger than Hoola! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 3:53:36

At least I look a lot younger than Hoola! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol![/quote]

Do you think so Will, oh and i still owe you that Pear Cider or what ever it is you drink... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Sep - 4:03:37

yorkie64red wrote:At least I look a lot younger than Hoola! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Do you think so Will, oh and i still owe you that Pear Cider or what ever it is you drink... Very Happy[/quote]
Cheeky twat that E.Yorks Red, I look alot younger that him and more debonair and he drinks.............pear cider !! says it all doesn't it ? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Sun 27 Sep - 8:20:15

I have been a Rovers fan all my life, well from about 5-6 years old. Big Dave Jones. Jonny Muir, John stiles,Gormley there the names i remember during the Bremmner days when my brothers would take me. I then lost a bit of interest as we was a joke. Then the conf days i started going to all the home and a few away games. Then i moved down south so the home games stopped apart from the odd game at christmas when i would come home but i got to all the away games around london and all over the south. I moved back home when we won promotion to L2 and i can count on one hand how many home games i have missed, t hey was at belle vue. Not missed one at the keepmoat. I do all the local games away and a fair few further a field. I am not a season ticket holder though.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sun 27 Sep - 9:12:15

As a newbie I just better keep quiet!!!

I used to watch a local team where i lived as a teenager - my best mate had a crush on the goalie so I had to watch half the game in the 'wrong' end every week. You could do that then, and go 'unaccompanied (we were about 16)

Rolling Eyes I think Hoola is the dog's bollox, smashing, goodlooking guy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 27 Sep - 9:17:40

lol, so who's you're mate got a crush on at the rovers thats made u support us now? Wink

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 9:19:59

LuckyGirl wrote:As a newbie I just better keep quiet!!!

I used to watch a local team where i lived as a teenager - my best mate had a crush on the goalie so I had to watch half the game in the 'wrong' end every week. You could do that then, and go 'unaccompanied (we were about 16)

Rolling Eyes

Hello Lucky Girl, you finally made it then, just watch out for the moderator, power mad... Laughing
On a serious note he is really a great looking bloke , debonaire etc..........sorry I can't keep it a secret anymore. Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sun 27 Sep - 9:33:42

Been about but not posted. Dreadful officials today. Nearly doubled our total yellow cards in one go then two red cards as well. Did you enjoy it though?

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 9:40:15

LuckyGirl wrote:Been about but not posted. Dreadful officials today. Nearly doubled our total yellow cards in one go then two red cards as well. Did you enjoy it though?

Was really looking forward to today, at the end of it i was left deflated, the Ref decided that the day was to be all about him, we should have won that game, now we have to look forward to Tuesday night minus Oster Fortune, not sure how coppinger is after his injury or indeed Shackle, the one good bit was the Dolphin, great Breakfast sandwichs, are you coming tuesday.
I was with this really great bloke Hoola as well, all the lasses couldn't take their eyes off him! I was soooooo jealous. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sun 27 Sep - 9:43:34

We'll be there - had my ticket for a while.
Looking forward to it. Hope to get to say hi this time!!
Have to see this great looking fella Hoola that you are on about. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I love you

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 9:47:22

LuckyGirl wrote:We'll be there - had my ticket for a while.

Well you will find us in the bar Very Happy with this great looking fella Hoola.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Sep - 9:52:03

yorkie64red wrote:

Well you will find us in the bar Very Happy with this great looking fella Hoola.
Thank you for all the compliments in the thread about me. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 9:54:52

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Thank you for all the compliments in the thread about me. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Heck how much did we drink today Pete, i can't remember writing that Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Sep - 10:04:46

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Heck how much did we drink today Pete, i can't remember writing that Rolling Eyes
Lesson :- don't mess with a ............MOD. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 10:11:21

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Have you got a Vespa Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Sep - 10:16:43

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Have you got a Vespa Razz
Nah I have a car with 'unnecessary parking' attributes. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sun 27 Sep - 18:32:08

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Irony, it's just lost on some people!!! Or maybe they take whatever they can get, all hail the benign dictator! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Careful where you park on Tuedsday night Hoola!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 18:57:14

Rolling Eyes I think Hoola is the dog's bollox, smashing, goodlooking guy. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Lucky Girl, control yourself :geek: and get yourself to Specsavers asap Shocked

Last edited by yorkie64red on Mon 28 Sep - 4:20:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next