The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D Day for Billy

+2
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

D Day for Billy - Page 2 Empty Re: D Day for Billy

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 19 May - 23:21:45

Football rumours site again something a bit odd to me about the last bit as my mate is called Rob Chester and local keeper and he is shite.

BIG BIG DONCASTER NEWS

today billy sharp has signed see official site soon.

also kennedy will sign when he gets back from his holiday in sharm el sheik.

coppinger as told richard o'kelly he wants to stay on, as boro are intrested.

jet will come on loan for initial 6 months .already sorted few weeks back.

also local goalkeeper gona sign soon 26 year old rob chester
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 20 May - 0:10:51

Hmm I wonder Exclamation
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 20 May - 2:58:56

Not sure about the Billy one, he is in LA on his Stag party, but maybe he's done it by fax..lets hope so.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 May - 5:24:33

yorkie64red wrote:Not sure about the Billy one, he is in LA on his Stag party, but maybe he's done it by fax..lets hope so.. Smile

The ''Billy one'' looks like a fook off from the Blunts, at least for now. Sad Sulli signed for a further season, Locky for 2 at least we can play with 2 players!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 May - 5:29:14

A packet of mints and a mars bar was obviously not enough
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 May - 5:33:34

pkt_drfc wrote:A packet of mints and a mars bar was obviously not enough

You forgot the gobstopper and sixpence I chucked into the fund. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 May - 5:37:48

I am putting my CV in tomorrow i am sure i can play a bit as long as they play me for 10 mins otherwise i will be knackered
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 21 May - 7:47:56

pkt_drfc wrote:I am putting my CV in tomorrow i am sure i can play a bit as long as they play me for 10 mins otherwise i will be knackered

Super Sub affraid
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 21 May - 8:56:34

I think for what its worth people need to get a grip, the world has not come to an end...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 May - 8:58:04

yorkie64red wrote:I think for what its worth people need to get a grip, the world has not come to an end...

And who asked for your opinion Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 21 May - 9:02:08

pkt_drfc wrote:

And who asked for your opinion Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I not in the habit of waiting to be asked to give my opinion mr taylor as you should know by now.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Fri 21 May - 9:08:19

I think a lot of Rovers fans need to grow up big time. The club always acknowledged signing him would be unlikely though I still wouldnt totally write it off. And they can't win, they're wrong for not breaking the bank to sign him but if they had they'd have still been wrong for wasting money

I bought my season ticket to watch Rovers, not to watch one player. Sharp admitted himself he'd not have scored without the rest of our team. Hopefully something might still work out but if we sign someone else before that then tough.
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 May - 9:11:03

VixDRFC wrote:I think a lot of Rovers fans need to grow up big time. The club always acknowledged signing him would be unlikely though I still wouldnt totally write it off. And they can't win, they're wrong for not breaking the bank to sign him but if they had they'd have still been wrong for wasting money

I bought my season ticket to watch Rovers, not to watch one player. Sharp admitted himself he'd not have scored without the rest of our team. Hopefully something might still work out but if we sign someone else before that then tough.

So what your saying the team can support me and make me look good which they don't need to because i am Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 21 May - 9:12:15

pkt_drfc wrote:

So what your saying the team can support me and make me look good which they don't need to because i am Laughing Laughing

Vanity, sheer vanity... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 May - 9:27:37

Well there is plenty more fish in the sea i told you we should have kept hold of guy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 21 May - 9:28:53

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 May - 3:59:54

yorkie64red wrote:Some views from the Blades faithful..

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121527514

Dear, dear , dear we make him into a player and they want a return at least the amount of his purchase price ,are they for real ?
Apparently he hasn't scored as many as Creswell/Hendo ergo he's not suitable for their team because of his differences with Blackwell yet he still has a lot of value.............Jeez!! Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 30 May - 21:23:10

Striker Billy Sharp is likely to be a man in demand this summer, although only Doncaster Rovers have placed a bid for the striker. Whilst Sheffield United rejected Rovers' club record bid, Rovers have not given up hope of bringing Sharp back to the Keepmoat Stadium, with John Ryan pointedly not ruling out an increased bid later in the summer.
However, newspaper reports suggest that Leeds United may enter the running at some stage, especially with this weekend's news that Jermaine Beckford will not be at Elland Road next season, with Leeds releasing him from his contract, with Everton apparently interested in obtaining his signature.
Sharp has said nothing since returning from his holiday, apart from commenting: "I've not heard anything from Leeds. I've just got back from my holiday but I heard Donny's offer was turned down. I'll speak to Sheffield United and we'll take it from there."
Burnley are also being mentioned by the Doncaster Star as being interested in Sharp, even though they were relegated from the Premier League this summer. Burnley's manager is Brian Laws, who was Sharp's mentor during two highly prolific seasons at Scunthorpe United.
However, Sheffield United appear to be holding out to recoup the majority of their investment in Sharp, who them an estimated £1.6 million when he returned from Scunthorpe in summer 2007.
A source at the club said: "Billy won't be allowed to leave on the cheap. United have not ruled-out him staying, but if he does have to go then it seems they'll try to get the majority of that money back."

from doncasterrovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 30 May - 21:49:34

Which is nothing but a rewrite of the last 2 weeks' news!

Maybe we need to sign someone else?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 31 May - 4:12:30

VixDRFC wrote:Which is nothing but a rewrite of the last 2 weeks' news!

Maybe we need to sign someone else?

Perhaps you're right Vix, all parties should have decided by now that BS would be best suited to continue his career at the KM but apparently the Blades don't want to lose face on this one due to the strength of feeling and pressure being applied by their supporters fora etc.
I hope that a final date re. our interest has been given to both the Blades and BS ; allowing us sufficient time to get a replacement for next season if a deal can't be reached.............SOON!!! Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 31 May - 4:16:09

hoolahoop wrote:

Perhaps you're right Vix, all parties should have decided by now that BS would be best suited to continue his career at the KM but apparently the Blades don't want to lose face on this one due to the strength of feeling and pressure being applied by their supporters fora etc.
I hope that a final date re. our interest has been given to both the Blades and BS ; allowing us sufficient time to get a replacement for next season if a deal can't be reached.............SOON!!! Mad

I'm pretty sure JR will go in with an improved offer and that there is alot going on behind the scenes we don't know off, i still feel very confident that Billy will be a Rover, but we still need another striker as well.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 31 May - 6:29:22

yorkie64red wrote:

I'm pretty sure JR will go in with an improved offer and that there is alot going on behind the scenes we don't know off, i still feel very confident that Billy will be a Rover, but we still need another striker as well.. Smile

Brooker Surprised
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 31 May - 6:33:45

Of course we've got BBB.( Big Bad Brooker ) and he's coming to ...................get you!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 31 May - 7:10:58

Of course we have fairhurst who i hope will get a fare crack of the whip next season...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 31 May - 8:32:15

And don't forget Brooker Very Happy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content