The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Bradford fans around?

+14
MR NEGATIVE
CarlsbergStandBantam
FevTyke
The Wednesday
Bruce Bannisters Boots
RedNinja
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
Terrier2009
BantamValley
VixDRFC
yorkie64red
Dan_the_Owl
MattyDRFC
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Any Bradford fans around? Empty Any Bradford fans around?

Post by MattyDRFC Mon 28 Sep - 4:18:09

Lol thought I'd be first post in this section with no body else seems to care about Bradford City lol
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Any Bradford fans around? Empty Re: Any Bradford fans around?

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 28 Sep - 11:24:21

MattyDRFC wrote:...nobody else seems to care about Bradford City

Think you might be on to something there Matty. Wink

Anyone?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 18:36:30

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Anyone?

Feel guilty now, lets all pretend to be Bantams to get this part of the forum going, then we can move onto the Spireites and Millers sections, think its time we let them know about this site, Vix DRFC i know your registered on the bradford forum get thi sen on there and tell them about it, i work in Chesterfield with chessie fans so will pass the word about this site to them, as for the Millers any takers. scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 28 Sep - 18:44:43

yorkie64red wrote:

Feel guilty now, lets all pretend to be Bantams to get this part of the forum going, then we can move onto the Spireites and Millers sections, think its time we let them know about this site, Vix DRFC i know your registered on the bradford forum get thi sen on there and tell them about it, i work in Chesterfield with chessie fans so will pass the word about this site to them, as for the Millers any takers. scratch

I will when I remember my login Embarassed

Went to see them a few times last season, started off pretty well then it all went pear-shaped. They lost a few of their decent players but seem to be coming back into it now
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 29 Sep - 1:20:06

yorkie64red wrote:
Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Anyone?

I've posted on Millers mad,but I don't think thati has seemed to have worked,but am sure as the season progress we will get more users on this forum and it is still early days
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by BantamValley Mon 16 Nov - 0:36:51

MattyDRFC wrote:Lol thought I'd be first post in this section with no body else seems to care about Bradford City lol

I CARE about Bradford City. lol!

Looks like I'm going to be the only Bantam on this site though.. Sad Sad
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 16 Nov - 0:39:18

Hope not, am sure you could pass the message on to other fans you know and tell them all about this place. We welcome your posts on all topics though.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 16 Nov - 0:41:22

BantamValley wrote:

I CARE about Bradford City. lol!

Looks like I'm going to be the only Bantam on this site though.. Sad Sad

not if you advertise on other Bardford Sites like the rest of us have had to do to get fans of our clubs on here

sticking around so theres a bardford fan on here when others arive will help too
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by BantamValley Mon 16 Nov - 0:47:11

I'll do my best to spread the word, in case any of you were wondering, I found your site on google, I'll let the fans on a lot of Bradford sites know about this.
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 16 Nov - 3:48:18

BantamValley wrote:I'll do my best to spread the word, in case any of you were wondering, I found your site on google, I'll let the fans on a lot of Bradford sites know about this.

yes Welcome, it would be great if you could get a few more Bantams on here only the Spireites and Blunts to work on then. Any Bradford fans around? Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 16 Nov - 8:38:01

Welcome BantamValley, even if this forum isn't fully populated by Bantams you are more than welcome to join in the rest of the fora.........stick around friend.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 16 Nov - 9:21:24

We're always happy to get supporters of lower league yorkshire clubs on this site as we're guaranteed to not get many, so welcome to the community BantamValley, I think you'll find we're all a nice bunch. Smile
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Thu 19 Nov - 23:50:03

Latest bantam fan here. Greetings to one and all.

I'm hoping to get a bit of "unbiased" Rolling Eyes info on our neighbours/rivals on here.
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 19 Nov - 23:53:45

Bruce Bannisters Boots wrote:Latest bantam fan here. Greetings to one and all.

I'm hoping to get a bit of "unbiased" Rolling Eyes info on our neighbours/rivals on here.

That is a cracking name.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 0:01:01

The Wednesday wrote:

That is a cracking name.

Cheers fella. Shows my age though Embarassed Laughing

How are all things steel city??
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:11:51

Football wise could be better, could be worse. Couple of places higher and i'd be happy.

Hows Bradford?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 0:25:48

The perennial underacheivers under McCall I'm sorry to say.

Our chairman summed it up quite well in a recent article when he said that we are like a stew Rolling Eyes in that we have all the right ingredients and are simmering away nicely. However, it's now time to turn up the heat and bring things to the boil Laughing Laughing

There are differences of opinion regarding McCall's leadership. He's brought together a group of players who IMO are capable of getting us out of this division. However, the debate is raging as to his ability to actually make it happen. A win against Accy on Saturday is a must for all concerned I reckon.
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:31:40

Wasn't he supposed to resign last season because you didn't get promoted?

Hope you do well, there's no way you should be playing the likes of Accy in League Two.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 0:49:29

cheers for that Wednesday.

So what about you guys? How far away are you from making a serious challenge for the prem?

If you want my opinion, you should have stuck with Jewel Wink
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 0:54:26

We're as far away from The Premiership as we are from investment. I.e we have no chance whatsoever unless Brian Laws has a bit of cash to spend.

Jewell was fantastic, but not fit to lace Yorath's boots.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 1:00:20

The Wednesday wrote:We're as far away from The Premiership as we are from investment. I.e we have no chance whatsoever unless Brian Laws has a bit of cash to spend.

Jewell was fantastic, but not fit to lace Yorath's boots.

Nail on head Wednesday. It's what the majority of clubs are crying out for. At the end of the day, it will also be the ruining of the game if it is not brought under tighter regs. IMO

Yorath - legend !!!
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 1:17:12

Yeah I see what you're saying about the potential problems with all the investment. However Lee Strafford has repeatedly said he will only consider serious investors who will benefit the club long term.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 3:22:21

The Wednesday wrote:Yeah I see what you're saying about the potential problems with all the investment. However Lee Strafford has repeatedly said he will only consider serious investors who will benefit the club long term.

Great sentiments Wednesday, but the temptation of a few million from any source would be difficult to turn down I reckon.

How about combining the 2 Sheffield clubs and therefore effectively doubling the income over night affraid

ill get me coat Laughing
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 20 Nov - 4:15:29

Welcome aboard BBB. Hope you like it here, stick around. Cool

You said your username showed your age. But my word, you've seen it all, haven't you? What an unreal last couple of decades you lot have had. Shocked

And I've never really harboured any ill-will towards City...it's nice to know that Wednesday aren't the only ones still feeling the effects of Benito Carbone's wage packet... Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Bannisters Boots Fri 20 Nov - 4:48:00

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Welcome aboard BBB. Hope you like it here, stick around. Cool

You said your username showed your age. But my word, you've seen it all, haven't you? What an unreal last couple of decades you lot have had. Shocked

And I've never really harboured any ill-will towards City...it's nice to know that Wednesday aren't the only ones still feeling the effects of Benito Carbone's wage packet... Wink

You see that - right there, that's what is missing from sites dedicated to your own club.

Thanks for the welcome Dan.

So in less than a handful of posts we have Jewel, Yorath and now the legend that is Benni Carbone Laughing

My own memories of those two seasons we had in the prem are filled with nothing but good memories and Carbone was one of many highlights. You can only go on what you see and what I saw was a talented lad who never gave anything less than his all. You are spot on regarding the cost to the club though. This is known in Bantams circles as "Richmonds 2 weeks of madness" which, combined with other factors more or less sealed our fate for the next decade.
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Bruce Bannisters Boots
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next