The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iain Hume determined to impress

5 posters

Go down

Iain Hume determined to impress Empty Iain Hume determined to impress

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Jun - 5:49:04

BARNSLEY striker Iain Hume is leaner and determined to impress when pre-season training starts next week.

Iain told www.barnsleyfc.co.uk: "I sat down with the manager and physio at the end of the season and the main thing for me is just to get fit. I feel as though I have let a lot of people down here in the last 18-months, although there was not much I could do about the first half of that. I have a clean slate now and I will make sure I get fitter and work even harder.

"I have enough belief in my ability and know that when I am fully fit I can compete with anyone. That is why the club brought me in and I just have to go out there and prove it again now.

"I have been working through the summer on my diet and have lost weight. I will be coming back for the start of pre-season weighing less than when I left, which is a big thing for me. I normally maintain my weight or even put on a few kilos through the summer and that normally hinders me at the start of pre-season. By working on my diet I will be coming back in better shape. I have a massive point to prove both to myself and to everybody else".

He added: "I am looking forward to getting back in next week. I think we all really needed the break at the end of the season because we disappointed ourselves with the way we finished the campaign off after setting such high standards at times.

"When you look at the new people coming in then there is every reason to be excited for the new season. We showed how good we can be against the biggest teams in the division last season and made a lot of them look average. We also held our own against teams from the Premier League and we have to take a lot of confidence and belief from that.

"When you look at the teams coming down I think it leaves the division without and really massive clubs, apart from probably Middlesbrough. Everybody else is pretty much on a level playing field and you only have to look at who went up last season to see that anything is possible with a little bit of confidence and a good run.

"We beat Blackpool home and away last season and that has been the frustrating part of our results for the last few years. We have to look at the likes of Burnley and Blackpool and take confidence from the fact that you do not have to have the biggest squad or the highest wage bill to be successful in this division".
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Iain Hume determined to impress Empty Re: Iain Hume determined to impress

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Jun - 6:31:12

WHOM ???? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 26 Jun - 7:15:11

Big season for Humey. He has to prove he is a £1 mill player and he has to get his spot in the team and then keep it!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Jun - 7:18:10

DoncasterTyke wrote:Big season for Humey. He has to prove he is a £1 mill player and he has to get his spot in the team and then keep it!

Of course he's a £1 player and you got 99p. back . Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Jun - 7:18:36

To be honest where in the shit if we are depending on him banging the goals in .

i think he'd be better playing on the left wing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Jun - 7:19:57

Joking apart , he's a good player . Why the negativity at present NIGHTMARE ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 26 Jun - 7:21:51

hoolahoop wrote:

Of course he's a £1 player and you got 99p. back . Wink

I put £1 mill Wink

And Nightmare, i don't think we will rely on him banging them in tbh. Theres still plenty of time to get players in. We need another 2 stikers, so they could be anyone. Im not sure Le Fondre will be the answer this coming season, but maybe next he will come into play. As long as Andy Gray doesnt play!!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Jun - 7:23:41

I know you did DT, trying to pull Nighty in ........it worked. Razz
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 26 Jun - 7:24:08

hoolahoop wrote:Joking apart , he's a good player . Why the negativity at present NIGHTMARE ?

Ive noticed that as well. Don't know why. The majority of Barnsley fans are positive. There is no reason to be negative at the minute.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Jun - 7:25:44

i don't think he's a striker
i think he's a top top player but not a bloke who's going to get ya goals week in week out
i think the lester boss had the right idea playing him on the left wing his set peace's and crossing is the best at the club but he's not a goal scorer,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 26 Jun - 7:31:18

He wants to play up front though. Thats why he came to us, because he was playing wide right every week, and he didn't like it.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Jun - 7:31:23

The clubs that go down every season all have one thing in common they can play some decent stuff that's why the in the championship but they can't score goals

Take Bogdanovic & sharp of our teams last season and where would we have been ? in the bottom 5 with Guy & Gray up front

untill we bring in 3 goal scores i'll be feeling negative about the coming season
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Jun - 7:33:27

DoncasterTyke wrote:He wants to play up front though. Thats why he came to us, because he was playing wide right every week, and he didn't like it.

But he's not got the movement or eye for goal that you need to play up front not from what ive seen of him anyway
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 26 Jun - 19:56:22

Humey is a little workhorse , is tireless running playing through the middle or down the flank i personnally would like to see him playing the role gerrard does for liverpool just behind the main striker. think we will then have a very good player in the making. There were excuses for him last season, what with coming back from a horrendous injury, with fitness, confidence, and holding is nerve going into challenges not knowing if the old injury would fire up again. Now that should have gone anmd with a good pre season getting fit and being more sharp i think we might see the true Hume and why we paid over a million for him.

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Jun - 3:10:17

Ronnie Glavin wrote:Humey is a little workhorse , is tireless running playing through the middle or down the flank i personnally would like to see him playing the role gerrard does for liverpool just behind the main striker. think we will then have a very good player in the making. There were excuses for him last season, what with coming back from a horrendous injury, with fitness, confidence, and holding is nerve going into challenges not knowing if the old injury would fire up again. Now that should have gone anmd with a good pre season getting fit and being more sharp i think we might see the true Hume and why we paid over a million for him.

Agreed , from what I've seen and heard of Hulme , he would be better playing just off a main striker (who ever that would be?) and would bring you goals that way. Of course he's not a Billy Sharp ( God knows we would all like to have that sort of player!) but he will get you more goals in that position rather than 'cutting in' from the wing.
You both of course have had many more opportunities to watch him in action than I and yes I would agree that like us still you are seriously lacking in terms of a 'main' reliable striker.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 27 Jun - 3:20:46

I think the same but robins don't that's why he's trying to get Andy Key Hole from wolves who plays in the hole
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 27 Jun - 10:35:05

One of his main attributes that impressed me when he was at Leicester was his fearlessness. Im not sure whether this part of gis game has been litterally knocked out of him but when he signed for us i saw a lot more than just determination. Some of the goals he scored for us were pure class, he WAS a top class championship player FACT and i hope he can fully recover from the injury and fitness problems.

THAT goal against derby, THAT goal against Wendesday, THAT goal against the Pikeys and THAT goal against ipswich. All technically brilliant strikes.

Peice that together with his quick feet and 9/10 quality set peices and you've got one hell of a player.

HUUUUUUUUMMMMEEEE!!!!

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down