The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lion Rescue

+3
jucyberry
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lion Rescue Empty Lion Rescue

Post by yorkie64red Thu 8 Oct - 19:12:45

The Yorkshire Wildlife park is trying to raise funds to rescue a group of lions from a Rundown zoo in Romania, the conditions these Beautiful animals are currently living in are really appalling, they are trying to raise 150K to get the lions back to the Park in Doncaster, they have already raised about 115K so are almost there, the alternative is to have these magnificent beasts destroyed, hopefully they will be here by the year end, will be great to go along and see them once there here.

http://www.lionrescue.co.uk/
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Lion Rescue Empty Re: Lion Rescue

Post by hoolahoop Fri 9 Oct - 8:06:35

yorkie64red wrote:The Yorkshire Wildlife park is trying to raise funds to rescue a group of lions from a Rundown zoo in Romania, the conditions these Beautiful animals are currently living in are really appalling, they are trying to raise 150K to get the lions back to the Park in Doncaster, they have already raised about 115K so are almost there, the alternative is to have these magnificent beasts destroyed, hopefully they will be here by the year end, will be great to go along and see them once there here.

http://www.lionrescue.co.uk/

I really hope that they can make this happen, the conditions these animals are kept in is appalling. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 9 Oct - 8:25:58

I really hope that they can make this happen, the conditions these animals are kept in is appalling. Lion Rescue Icon_smile[/quote]

Just for a minuite i thought you were talking about your friends from Barnsley again Lion Rescue Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Fri 9 Oct - 16:28:57

Remembering back to the news reports just before our playoffs I thought you were talking more about Bellend Road... Smile
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 10 Oct - 6:18:03

jucyberry wrote:Remembering back to the news reports just before our playoffs I thought you were talking more about Bellend Road... Smile

You don't talk about Bellend Road , you just try desperately to forget the shitehole and some of the twats that call the place home.
Shitehole = Twats...................SIMPLES. lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 1:02:47

Decided to visit the Yorkshire Wildlife park today and was pleasantly surprised, really well laid out and for anyone with Kids i would say go and have a look , the Meerkats and other animals are all in the open and not behind perspex Screens like some zoos, you are able to touch some of the animals like the wallabys, its still early days and there are plans for expansion, really enjoyed it .

http://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/Index.html
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 7:23:46

Was a really good couple of hours, was waiting for a Lemur to land on my head as we walked through though lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 7:25:55

VixDRFC wrote:Was a really good couple of hours, was waiting for a Lemur to land on my head as we walked through though Lion Rescue Lol

its still work in progress, but they seem to have big plans for the place, really enjoyed the visit, and its good to see such a facility in Doncaster, hope people use it, they were busy enough today. Lion Rescue Icon_cat
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 7:36:26

Actually thinking back, I know someone from Barnsley who went in the summer Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 7:39:23

VixDRFC wrote:Actually thinking back, I know someone from Barnsley who went in the summer Lion Rescue Icon_wink

And how come you have started to mix with the great unwashed Lion Rescue Icon_scratch or do you mean they were staying
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 7:42:50

yorkie64red wrote:
VixDRFC wrote:Actually thinking back, I know someone from Barnsley who went in the summer Lion Rescue Icon_wink

And how come you have started to mix with the great unwashed Lion Rescue Icon_scratch or do you mean they were staying

I have friends from all over - didn't I tell you? lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 7:44:06

VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

I have friends from all over - didn't I tell you? Lion Rescue Lol

You mean you have Dingle friends... Lion Rescue Affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 7:46:01

yorkie64red wrote:
VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

I have friends from all over - didn't I tell you? Lion Rescue Lol

You mean you have Dingle friends... Lion Rescue Affraid

OK friends is too strong a word - but you met one of them I think, the one who abseiled down DRI for charity a couple of years ago?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Oct - 7:48:50

VixDRFC wrote:Actually thinking back, I know someone from Barnsley who went in the summer Wink

I hope it doesn't end up like our Airport i.e. on the slide. Look what happened to the 'famed' Earth centre. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 7:53:37

hoolahoop wrote:

I hope it doesn't end up like our Airport i.e. on the slide. Look what happened to the 'famed' Earth centre. Lion Rescue Icon_sad Lion Rescue Icon_sad Lion Rescue Icon_sad

The earth centre was shite all about enviromental stuff, good intentions but boring as hell , still think the airport will be ok, as for the wildlife park go and have a look, i think you will be impressed, once they get some large animals like the lions there it will be pretty impressive. Lion Rescue Icon_surprised
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Oct - 8:16:29

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

I hope it doesn't end up like our Airport i.e. on the slide. Look what happened to the 'famed' Earth centre. Lion Rescue Icon_sad Lion Rescue Icon_sad Lion Rescue Icon_sad

The earth centre was shite all about enviromental stuff, good intentions but boring as hell , still think the airport will be ok, as for the wildlife park go and have a look, i think you will be impressed, once they get some large animals like the lions there it will be pretty impressive. Lion Rescue Icon_surprised

I will do and soon, we need something like this in the area. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 8:20:06

Only £7.50 for an Adult, or you can buy a 12 month season pass for £25 which gets you access anytime for 12 months, think were going to go for that one next time as we deff be going again .
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Oct - 8:27:57

yorkie64red wrote:Only £7.50 for an Adult, or you can buy a 12 month season pass for £25 which gets you access anytime for 12 months, think were going to go for that one next time as we deff be going again .

Only £25 that looks like good value for money, especially if they get the pride of lions. Did you manage to chat to anybody about how they were doing ? Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 8:37:33

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:Only £7.50 for an Adult, or you can buy a 12 month season pass for £25 which gets you access anytime for 12 months, think were going to go for that one next time as we deff be going again .

Only £25 that looks like good value for money, especially if they get the pride of lions. Did you manage to chat to anybody about how they were doing ? Lion Rescue Icon_smile

No but they are about 78% of the way to reaching the target of 150K so its l.ooking like they will be here soon
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 8:49:25

Plus they seem to be building new areas in various places so hopefully there will be other animals

I'll be honest the novelty is how close you can get to the animals - we've been to Dublin Zoo a couple of times and obviously its much larger but you don't get close to anything - all the animals are behind perspex (OK if its a Lion then thats fair enough) The wallabies were so tame, one just sat there and invited everyone to come and pet him lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Oct - 9:22:42

VixDRFC wrote:Plus they seem to be building new areas in various places so hopefully there will be other animals

I'll be honest the novelty is how close you can get to the animals - we've been to Dublin Zoo a couple of times and obviously its much larger but you don't get close to anything - all the animals are behind perspex (OK if its a Lion then thats fair enough) The wallabies were so tame, one just sat there and invited everyone to come and pet him lol!

That sounds brilliant, I just have to go and see the place pronto................might go this Satdi.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 9:29:04

hoolahoop wrote:
VixDRFC wrote:Plus they seem to be building new areas in various places so hopefully there will be other animals

I'll be honest the novelty is how close you can get to the animals - we've been to Dublin Zoo a couple of times and obviously its much larger but you don't get close to anything - all the animals are behind perspex (OK if its a Lion then thats fair enough) The wallabies were so tame, one just sat there and invited everyone to come and pet him Lion Rescue Lol

That sounds brilliant, I just have to go and see the place pronto................might go this Satdi.

Well you won't have anything better to do will you Lion Rescue Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 13 Oct - 8:49:05

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

I'll be honest the novelty is how close you can get to the animals - we've been to Dublin Zoo a couple of times and obviously its much larger but you don't get close to anything - all the animals are behind perspex (OK if its a Lion then thats fair enough) The wallabies were so tame, one just sat there and invited everyone to come and pet him Lion Rescue Lol

Sod it I think I'll laugh at the Dingles instead. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 13 Oct - 8:58:53

Lion Rescue Icon_biggrin
hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Sod it I think I'll laugh at the Dingles instead. Lion Rescue Icon_lol Lion Rescue Icon_lol Lion Rescue Icon_lol

Not like you Lion Rescue Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Oct - 21:37:16

Over 116K now raised only 34K to go and the Lions will be in Donny.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum