The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v Leeds

+9
thefullback
outcast
the vicar
NIGHTMARE
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
Barnsleytilidie
hoolahoop
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rovers v Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Rovers v Leeds

Post by shawcross blue Sat 18 Sep - 8:14:04

0-0 thought Leeds would get gubbed tonight.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by outcast Sat 18 Sep - 8:31:49

NIGHTMARE wrote:"new tricks" for me too forgot about this

Was it really that bad ?

That dick who punched me best get a ban,i did fuk all wrong and he smashed my nose in and broke it.
I hope he is dished up with a ban ! Mad Mad Mad

outcast
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Sep - 8:46:07

Did my good deed for the day, gave a Leeds fan a lift to the station, wandering about didn't have a clue where he was going... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by outcast Sat 18 Sep - 8:55:04

yorkie64red wrote:Did my good deed for the day, gave a Leeds fan a lift to the station, wandering about didn't have a clue where he was going... Smile

Pissed off that i was punched and makes my hate for leeds even stronger,he was flashing his shirt and i said "be careful mate we have some funny fans" He saind fook off and punched me !

Saw Bates driving a bentley and the roundabout had him confused as he did not know where to go so i wound my window down and said "down there pal" He went to the ground and took me

my good deed

outcast
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Sep - 9:05:09

outcast wrote:

Pissed off that i was punched and makes my hate for leeds even stronger,he was flashing his shirt and i said "be careful mate we have some funny fans" He saind fook off and punched me !

Saw Bates driving a bentley and the roundabout had him confused as he did not know where to go so i wound my window down and said "down there pal" He went to the ground and took me

my good deed

Sorry you've lost me, are you saying Bates gave you a lift and if he did why did you need one if you were driving yourself which i assume you were as you said you wound your window down..... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 18 Sep - 9:08:11

outcast wrote:

my good deed

Was that you scrapping in the East then outcast ? I watched the whole incident from the South.
Do you have light brown hair and no colours ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Sep - 9:08:45

Just what is happening to us in the second halfs , thought we were on top in the first 45 but after the break once again we seemed to fall to pieces, maybe its just me... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 18 Sep - 9:14:42

yorkie64red wrote:Just what is happening to us in the second halfs , thought we were on top in the first 45 but after the break once again we seemed to fall to pieces, maybe its just me... Rolling Eyes

Looked like a lack of fitness to me plus little imagination and verv. I thought the first half was fairly even but overall the Weeds shaded the game.
They hustled and bustled and harrassed at every opportunity exactly what I expected from a side that took a 'bloody nose' on Tuesday from the Dingles. In addition we allowed ourselves to be sucked in to the very game that had any chance of bringing them any success.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Sep - 9:18:07

hoolahoop wrote:

Looked like a lack of fitness to me plus little imagination and verv. I thought the first half was fairly even but overall the Weeds shaded the game.
They hustled and bustled and harrassed at every opportunity exactly what I expected from a side that took a 'bloody nose' on Tuesday from the Dingles. In addition we allowed ourselves to be sucked in to the very game that had any chance of bringing them any success.

Maybe a point gained then...QPR is gonna be a tough ask..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 18 Sep - 9:25:17

yorkie64red wrote:

Maybe a point gained then...QPR is gonna be a tough ask..

I think you may well be right , the problem is that we so lacking in the depth of our squad that playing games so close together gives us little room for manoeuvre in terms of the team.
Onwards and upwards and this means the Weeds have only beaten us once in the last 4 games between the 2 clubs.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sat 18 Sep - 9:40:16

Fair result am sure you'll agree lads? Bruce in for Naylor was a fooking dream, i think we need to thank Barnsley for giving GRayson the wake up call that he's not been on it this year

Sorry for not managing to make it to your boozer byt time we got there we just had time to bomb it up to kfc

Sorry to hear what happened outcast. Next time you seen bates give his Bentley a good fucking kicking
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 18 Sep - 9:41:06

hoolahoop wrote:

That sums then up perfectly in the first half against us on Tuesday but when we hit them with body blows in the second half they never recovered
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sat 18 Sep - 9:48:55

Anyone have a clue who the Juve scout was eyeing up?

Must of been gutted, travels all this way and we hide Naylor and Bessesone from him
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 18 Sep - 9:49:50

Sean O'Driscol
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sat 18 Sep - 18:38:28

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:Fair result am sure you'll agree lads? Bruce in for Naylor was a fooking dream, i think we need to thank Barnsley for giving GRayson the wake up call that he's not been on it this year

Sorry for not managing to make it to your boozer byt time we got there we just had time to bomb it up to kfc

Sorry to hear what happened outcast. Next time you seen bates give his Bentley a good fucking kicking

No it wasn't a fair result!.....Leeds deserved all three points IMO!
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 18 Sep - 20:21:05

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

No it wasn't a fair result!.....Leeds deserved all three points IMO!

Your opinion of course but.......quite wrong. It was an even game both teams hit the woodwork. The Leeds supporters I spoke to thought a draw was a fair result but I didn't expect you to ever say otherwise. Razz
We sat too deep and far too often for my liking and appeared too be in awe / tired.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Sep - 22:01:24

hoolahoop wrote:

Your opinion of course but.......quite wrong. It was an even game both teams hit the woodwork. The Leeds supporters I spoke to thought a draw was a fair result but I didn't expect you to ever say otherwise. Razz
We sat too deep and far too often for my liking and appeared too be in awe / tired.

And from a leeds fan i was speaking to after the match he said they were a much better side then they were on tuesday night, the changes Grayson made seemed to have done the trick..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sun 19 Sep - 0:45:46

hoolahoop wrote:

You didn't even have a worthwhile goal attempt in the second half!...Leeds had a goal ruled out due to a late late flag.....Sullivan had to make some great saves .....the Leeds keeper had hardly a thing to do......You got a scruffy point!

And of course we played Leeds reserve team on Tuesday while you played their best one!......laughable!......I also wonder what the fuss is about Oster?.....Brian Stock is miles better! Surprised

Btw.....should we now start calling Billy Sharp ....Billy Blunt? Laughing
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Florida Rover Sun 19 Sep - 0:46:36

Watched the game here in the USA on Fox Sports and until Johnson under instruction destroyed Copps we were taking them apart. When you have a referee who is all for show lets a player stay on the field for attempting to cause another player severe injury to stop him playing then football in England has had it.

Florida Rover
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 19 Sep - 1:27:11

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

You didn't even have a worthwhile goal attempt in the second half!...Leeds had a goal ruled out due to a late late flag.....Sullivan had to make some great saves .....the Leeds keeper had hardly a thing to do......You got a scruffy point!

And of course we played Leeds reserve team on Tuesday while you played their best one!......laughable!......I also wonder what the fuss is about Oster?.....Brian Stock is miles better! Surprised

Btw.....should we now start calling Billy Sharp ....Billy Blunt? Laughing

Errrr sorry where in my post did I say we were playing a 'reserve team' plank ? The Leeds keeper didn't have to save the shot that hit the angle of the woodwork from Shiels because guess what...............he NEVER fooking saw it!!!!!!!!!
Sulli's habit of making every save look world class obviously sucked you in didn't it pillock. Mad
Incidentally the team we played had 5 changes made to it , a tattered reputation from your lot and from every Leeds fan I have spoken to ....a far better balance to it.
Fook me nobody is trying to take the gloss of your 'we are now Brazil' win against them........stop being paranoid . The reason why you feel the way you do and have the opinions you do of the match is that you would like to think you went one better than us........SAD LAD. Wink
Btw any team can score a goal that's patently offside it doesn't make them a better team for it and neither does it count as a 1/2 goal or does it in your book. You need to read up on thge rules of the game sonny. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sun 19 Sep - 2:13:31

hoolahoop wrote:

Errrr sorry where in my post did I say we were playing a 'reserve team' plank ? The Leeds keeper didn't have to save the shot that hit the angle of the woodwork from Shiels because guess what...............he NEVER fooking saw it!!!!!!!!!
Sulli's habit of making every save look world class obviously sucked you in didn't it pillock. Mad
Incidentally the team we played had 5 changes made to it , a tattered reputation from your lot and from every Leeds fan I have spoken to ....a far better balance to it.
Fook me nobody is trying to take the gloss of your 'we are now Brazil' win against them........stop being paranoid . The reason why you feel the way you do and have the opinions you do of the match is that you would like to think you went one better than us........SAD LAD. Wink
Btw any team can score a goal that's patently offside it doesn't make them a better team for it and neither does it count as a 1/2 goal or does it in your book. You need to read up on thge rules of the game sonny. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fookin ell buddy....I've hit a right nerve there! Shocked Laughing
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 19 Sep - 2:34:25

If anyone looked like winning it, i'd say it was us and the stats show that but a draw was a pretty fair result. There won't be many teams leaving Donny with more than a point so am more than happy with a draw

Under instruction? please tell me that was a joke? there's tackles like that in every game going, he got a deserved yellow for it.
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 19 Sep - 3:27:36

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

Fookin ell buddy....I've hit a right nerve there! Shocked Laughing

Not at all you've just shown a bias that I would expect from a Dingle.
I wasn't at all happy about our performance last night, we simply tried to over-complicate things again. Why am I angry? because you replied to other folks posts as if they were my own.
As for your views on Oster, fella you have decided he's not a good player having had the benefit of watching him for only 80 mins. not 7+ games as we have. I agree he didn't have one of his better games and yes I would have played Stock in this particular game as well as Wilson right from the start due to the way that Leeds would probably play (given the way they had a new arsehole ripped by your lot earlier in the week) ; a SO'D mistake I admit.
I know your lot have found a new sort of 'love-in' with the Weeds this week but some of your observations show more than a tad of bias for the reasons stated earlier.
How did Barnsley ''Brazil'' get on today ? lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sun 19 Sep - 3:50:25

hoolahoop wrote:

Not at all you've just shown a bias that I would expect from a Dingle.
I wasn't at all happy about our performance last night, we simply tried to over-complicate things again. Why am I angry? because you replied to other folks posts as if they were my own.
As for your views on Oster, fella you have decided he's not a good player having had the benefit of watching him for only 80 mins. not 7+ games as we have. I agree he didn't have one of his better games and yes I would have played Stock in this particular game as well as Wilson right from the start due to the way that Leeds would probably play (given the way they had a new arsehole ripped by your lot earlier in the week) ; a SO'D mistake I admit.
I know your lot have found a new sort of 'love-in' with the Weeds this week but some of your observations show more than a tad of bias for the reasons stated earlier.
How did Barnsley ''Brazil'' get on today ? lol! lol! lol! lol!

My Oster comments are aimed at him becoming "the best midfielder in the Championship" all of a sudden!
And Barnsley Brazil scored today, with our "best in championship player contender Adam Hammill.....unlike Doncaster Arsenal yesterday! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ......I'm more than happy with this week overall
though! Cool

Chill out tonight with a few pints Hoola.....and BTW I like Donny a lot more than that Leeds scum!.....always will! Cool

Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 19 Sep - 3:58:56

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

My Oster comments are aimed at him becoming "the best midfielder in the Championship" all of a sudden!
And Barnsley Brazil scored today, with our "best in championship player contender Adam Hammill.....unlike Doncaster Arsenal yesterday! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ......I'm more than happy with this week overall
though! Cool

Chill out tonight with a few pints Hoola.....and BTW I like Donny a lot more than that Leeds scum!.....always will! Cool

I will chill out BTID but I have never heard of Oster being quoted as the 'best midfielder' in the Championship..........where's that come from fella ?
Btw you haven't made me moody, I'm just bemused by your assertions and annoyed with the way we played last night. See you at the Deepthroat soon and we will take you into the brewery at the stadium if you promise to behave. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next