The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR v Rovers

+4
pkt_drfc
VixDRFC
outcast
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

QPR v Rovers - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR v Rovers

Post by yorkie64red Sat 25 Sep - 8:08:37

Another decent preview from a QPR perspective..

http://www.qprnet.com/previews/doncasterh.shtml
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 25 Sep - 8:33:36

All very nice but I have the feeling that despite their predictions that the author is more than slightly worried about the visit of the 'REAL' SUPER HOOPS. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 26 Sep - 6:36:27

Very Dissapointed but sounds like we were the better team and like Cardiff the score flattered them, not that that is much consolation... Rolling Eyes anyway onwards and upwards...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 26 Sep - 8:29:24

yorkie64red wrote:Very Dissapointed but sounds like we were the better team and like Cardiff the score flattered them, not that that is much consolation... Rolling Eyes anyway onwards and upwards...

Surprised that we lost this one, most of the game we dominated by all accounts and they scorde virtually every shot they had on/off target. The difference between potential champions is self evident, if you have chances .........you MUST put them away.
Onwards ever onward, that's 3 'nasty' away games out of the way i.e. Watford , Cardiff and QPR ; all of whom are in the top 6 currently.
RTID Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 26 Sep - 19:31:15

We did, corner that should have been a throw in for the first, stupid refereeing for the penalty totally ignored the handball in there area that led up to the break (qpr fans on way to tube station after said they were lucky to get away with it)

I honestly don't know whether Sulli brought him down (up other end) but there lad had already put the ball in the back of the net when he awarded the penalty and gave Sulli a yellow, now call me very cynical but at one point earlier on a break in the play or h/t can't remember Sulli was having a right pop at the ref over something anyway wait till I see the replay.
So 1-0 down with just under 10 minutes to go ref bottles a stitched on decision ....... 2-0 tried to get something then 3-0

We hit the crossbar and woodwork 2 or 3 times had stuff cleared off the line but there you go.

We played pretty well Qpr fans I was talking too on way back to tube reckoned we were the best they had seen, Martis another very solid game Dumbaya didn't put a foot wrong again.

Had a good time caught up with some old mates Friday night didn't see much of our Lasses family Very Happy
Shame about the result
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 26 Sep - 19:47:50

So you decided to come back without the 3 points then... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 26 Sep - 19:54:00

yorkie64red wrote:So you decided to come back without the 3 points then... Very Happy

Think I left them on the tube will need to ring London Underground lost property later...........................
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 27 Sep - 2:46:43

What the managers said....

Rovers may have lost yesterday, but Sean O'Driscoll was full of praise for his players after the match.
He said: "I'm pleased with the performance, I thought the performance was excellent. We were on top, in a sense, for large parts of the game. We said at half time 'how are they going to score?', 'would it change if they bring subs on - no it won't'; it's going to be a free kick, a long throw, a corner - and that's what it proved really."
"It's difficult to be critical of the players; I thought that the players were excellent. Sometimes you compete as hard as you can and things go against you. We felt that we bossed the game in the first half and we got the ball into the box fifteen times. I watched QPR play against Leicester and Leicester almost did the same (as us); masses of possession but couldn't score."
QPR boss Neil Warnock was also full of praise for Rovers, saying that he thought they would finish in the top six by the end of the season, but was very pleased with the outcome of the match.
He said: “You’ve got to keep grinding away. We’re difficult to play against. I just thought we had to step up a bit in the second half and we did that. Three or four of our attacking players weren't quite at it in the first half and I told them so at the break. But to be fair to the lads, we responded well in the second period. The goals came at the right times. On the pitch and off it now, we're very much a team."

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 27 Sep - 3:25:02

Just watched the highlights on player, freeze frame on 2.23 Sulli's hands appear to be on the ball with the attacker 1/2 a pace away unfortunately the ball doesn't really change direction which I presume is why it was given, ( note to referees although the direction of the ball is an indicator its not gospel ) however as always they do not show the missed handball that led to that breakaway
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 27 Sep - 4:45:23

Dagenham Rover wrote:Just watched the highlights on player, freeze frame on 2.23 Sulli's hands appear to be on the ball with the attacker 1/2 a pace away unfortunately the ball doesn't really change direction which I presume is why it was given, ( note to referees although the direction of the ball is an indicator its not gospel ) however as always they do not show the missed handball that led to that breakaway

Hmmmm I've watched it too and last night on the FL show, I think you are absolutely right and we were very unlucky in this game. As I have said before , we have got 3 of our 'trickier' away matches out of the way and the points return of only 1/9 does not reflect our performances.
Onwards ever onwards, there is not a lot of harm done in terms of our position (i.e. points) and it could have neen alot worse. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

QPR v Rovers - Page 2 Empty Warnock Praise

Post by Upwind Tue 28 Sep - 2:17:28

Good to see Warnock acknowledging our style of play. Describes us as 'unique' in this league

Warnock praise

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2