The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board

4 posters

Go down

To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board  Empty To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 1 Oct - 19:17:22

How do you cope with this shite, i've only been off work a day and a half this is only my 2nd full day off sick
and i'm already really fucked off with it . even watching golf int helping
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board  Empty Re: To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 1 Oct - 19:28:47

Well i go to my Mums for about 4 or 5 hours then come home then i go on Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for a couple of hours which does get boring but got nothing else to do
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board  Empty Re: To the long term sick/unemployed who use this board

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 1 Oct - 22:26:25

Funnily enough I was having a chat with my missus last night along similar lines as I had decided I was getting into a rut, can't be arsed to do things spending all day on the computer etc
I suppose I was having a bit of a reality check but I can see how easy it is to fall into that type of routine so we've sort of come up with a plan of action, really just making sure I make the effort to do things although with my glass back I've got to be pretty careful .

I've worked continuously since I left school in '74 and this last 4/5 months is chuffing killing me
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 1 Oct - 22:32:41

Daggers have you thought about going and seeing the job centre
and asking if it would be possible to retrain into a area where you would be more suited due to the way you are fixed
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 1 Oct - 22:38:26

Problem is I can't stand or sit for too long and it looks as though spinal surgery is going to be the only option as the injections have improved it a bit but not enough (seeing the consultant in a couple of weeks) so that is liable to lay me up for 6/8 months and at this point in time I'm technically still employed (just Surprised )

However I hadn't thought of it and will definitely look into it
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 1 Oct - 23:12:15

Fridays off college and not a single job going in every supermarket in the north of England (according to their shit websites) and every pub i find work at seems to shut down pretty short after...

...Spend the day on waccoe, kicking a footie abart walk off to get a bacon buttie either that or a day in the boozer

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down