The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick Bay

5 posters

Go down

Sick Bay Empty Sick Bay

Post by yorkie64red Fri 13 Jan - 4:12:11

Just listened to Saunders pre match interview and it seems we are finally making some headway in getting players back from injury..he said there were 15 players suffering from one thing or the other but now it is down to five..best news for me was that Spurr is back in training..he gave his all earlier in the season and will be great to see him given a chance again once fully fit..Chambers is also back in training..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Sick Bay Empty Re: Sick Bay

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 13 Jan - 4:16:10

Yep just finished listening to that myself good News that also Oster Interview as well he seem to come across very good in interview and does not garble like some interviews lately
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 13 Jan - 4:20:06

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep just finished listening to that myself good News that also Oster Interview as well he seem to come across very good in interview and does not garble like some interviews lately

Not listened to his yet ..but its got to be good news that finally we are getting players back from injury..Oster is one of those players that has certainly been missed..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 15 Jan - 6:42:13

For the first time in several weeks, Doncaster Rovers have given supporters an update on how the many injured players at the club are progressing.
Martin Woods and John Oster are both fit and made playing returns last weekend against Notts County, although both now need to build up their match fitness. Both should be included in this afternoon's game, as should Shelton Martis, who has trained this week and has not experienced any adverse reaction to his groin.
Herold Goulon, who missed last weekend's game as Blackburn did not want him cup-tied, would have missed last week's game with a hamstring injury in any case. He has recovered sufficiently to return to training, but is not expected to play today.
Striker El-Hadjii Diouf has also trained all week and should be included in the squad today, despite slight concerns about his hamstring strain, but he has not experienced any discomfort this week and should be available to play.
After that, the diagnosis for the other injured players is more mixed. Goalkeeper Neil Sullivan has had an operation on his thumb and will be sidelined for another six weeks, whilst George Friend will be out for around three months after damaging medial ligaments in his knee. Chris Brown will not be available for another month after his knee problem flared up again, and Rachid Bouhenna, who has still to make his first team debut, is gradually working on his fitness and is around two weeks away from a full return to fitness.
New signing Habib Bamogo has a slight hamstring strain, but may be available today, but fellow new signing Mamadou Bagayoko is apparently some way short of being fully fit, but is working hard to improve full fitness.
Pascal Chimbonda still has a problem with his hip flexor, which has kept him out of several matches lately, but is expected to return in around two weeks.
Young defender Oscar Radford also has a hip flexor problem, but that is expected to be resolved within the next ten days.
Paul Keegan's thigh strain is proving difficult to resolve, so Rovers have organised some blood tests to try and determine what the underlying problem is.
James Chambers, who has been out for several months, is progressing well and has been training this week. However, he is only around 60% fit and it will be a few weeks before he is likely to be fit enough to be considered for the first team.
Finally, a little better news comes with Tommy Spurr resuming light training after his hip surgery. He is reckoned to be two to four weeks away from a playing return.

Well that bit was wrong.. Smile

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 15 Jan - 6:45:56

yorkie64red wrote:For the first time in several weeks, Doncaster Rovers have given supporters an update on how the many injured players at the club are progressing.
Martin Woods and John Oster are both fit and made playing returns last weekend against Notts County, although both now need to build up their match fitness. Both should be included in this afternoon's game, as should Shelton Martis, who has trained this week and has not experienced any adverse reaction to his groin.
Herold Goulon, who missed last weekend's game as Blackburn did not want him cup-tied, would have missed last week's game with a hamstring injury in any case. He has recovered sufficiently to return to training, but is not expected to play today.
Striker El-Hadjii Diouf has also trained all week and should be included in the squad today, despite slight concerns about his hamstring strain, but he has not experienced any discomfort this week and should be available to play.
After that, the diagnosis for the other injured players is more mixed. Goalkeeper Neil Sullivan has had an operation on his thumb and will be sidelined for another six weeks, whilst George Friend will be out for around three months after damaging medial ligaments in his knee. Chris Brown will not be available for another month after his knee problem flared up again, and Rachid Bouhenna, who has still to make his first team debut, is gradually working on his fitness and is around two weeks away from a full return to fitness.
New signing Habib Bamogo has a slight hamstring strain, but may be available today, but fellow new signing Mamadou Bagayoko is apparently some way short of being fully fit, but is working hard to improve full fitness.
Pascal Chimbonda still has a problem with his hip flexor, which has kept him out of several matches lately, but is expected to return in around two weeks.
Young defender Oscar Radford also has a hip flexor problem, but that is expected to be resolved within the next ten days.
Paul Keegan's thigh strain is proving difficult to resolve, so Rovers have organised some blood tests to try and determine what the underlying problem is.
James Chambers, who has been out for several months, is progressing well and has been training this week. However, he is only around 60% fit and it will be a few weeks before he is likely to be fit enough to be considered for the first team.
Finally, a little better news comes with Tommy Spurr resuming light training after his hip surgery. He is reckoned to be two to four weeks away from a playing return.

Well that bit was wrong.. Smile

There was obviously a miracle after that interview! Hallelujah cheers cheers cheers

If he plays like that after LIGHT training and 3 and a half months out god help the opposition when he's fully fit and training
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 15 Jan - 6:47:06

from doncaster rovers.co.uk[/quote]

There was obviously a miracle after that interview! Hallelujah cheers cheers cheers

If he plays like that after LIGHT training and 3 and a half months out god help the opposition when he's fully fit and training[/quote]

Yeah what a cracking player he is..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 15 Jan - 6:53:10

yorkie64red wrote:

If he plays like that after LIGHT training and 3 and a half months out god help the opposition when he's fully fit and training[/quote]

Yeah what a cracking player he is..[/quote]

I love George Friend (as a player as well Wink ) but Spurr wins hands down for first choice as left back - Ilunga should just be "left back" at West Ham
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 16 Jan - 4:39:01

VixDRFC wrote:

If he plays like that after LIGHT training and 3 and a half months out god help the opposition when he's fully fit and training

Yeah what a cracking player he is..[/quote]

I love George Friend (as a player as well Wink ) but Spurr wins hands down for first choice as left back - Ilunga should just be "left back" at West Ham[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, it makes it difficult to pick a MOM, in the running for me was JO'C, Beye, Spurr and Hayts. However that was a great team display against a Cardiff team made up of 14 players. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 16 Jan - 4:45:02

hoolahoop wrote:

Yeah what a cracking player he is..

I love George Friend (as a player as well Wink ) but Spurr wins hands down for first choice as left back - Ilunga should just be "left back" at West Ham[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, it makes it difficult to pick a MOM, in the running for me was JO'C, Beye, Spurr and Hayts. However that was a great team display against a Cardiff team made up of 14 players. Mad [/quote]

Good interview on player...he sounds like a kid on christmas morning...really pleased for him..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 16 Jan - 6:21:00

yorkie64red wrote:

I love George Friend (as a player as well Wink ) but Spurr wins hands down for first choice as left back - Ilunga should just be "left back" at West Ham

I couldn't agree more, it makes it difficult to pick a MOM, in the running for me was JO'C, Beye, Spurr and Hayts. However that was a great team display against a Cardiff team made up of 14 players. Mad [/quote]

Good interview on player...he sounds like a kid on christmas morning...really pleased for him..[/quote] What about sam hird he was outstanding yesterday

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 16 Jan - 6:23:48

the vicar wrote:

I couldn't agree more, it makes it difficult to pick a MOM, in the running for me was JO'C, Beye, Spurr and Hayts. However that was a great team display against a Cardiff team made up of 14 players. Mad

Good interview on player...he sounds like a kid on christmas morning...really pleased for him..[/quote]what about sam hird he was outstanding yesterday[/quote]

MOTM for me...the effort he put in especially as he has been out so long...only knew he was playing the day before ..can't wait to see him after a couple of weeks..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 16 Jan - 6:23:55

the vicar wrote:

Good interview on player...he sounds like a kid on christmas morning...really pleased for him..[/quote]what about sam hird he was outstanding yesterday[/quote]

MOTM for me...the effort he put in especially as he has been out so long...only knew he was playing the day before ..can't wait to see him after a couple of weeks..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down