The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen gately Dies

+2
Shem_Swfc
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Stephen gately Dies Empty Stephen gately Dies

Post by yorkie64red Sun 11 Oct - 19:22:15

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Stephen gately Dies Empty Re: Stephen gately Dies

Post by Shem_Swfc Mon 12 Oct - 2:14:41

Surprised Im shocked tbh. Sad News
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 12 Oct - 6:47:27

Was a massive shock, especially as no-one knows how he died. It's not often you hear of 33-year-olds just dying in their sleep.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 6:50:02

The Wednesday wrote:Was a massive shock, especially as no-one knows how he died. It's not often you hear of 33-year-olds just dying in their sleep.

i suppose its the way to go, no pain its just so sad as he was so young.. Stephen gately Dies Icon_cry
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 7:16:36

Massive shock for me - I was a big Boyzone fan back in the 90s and went to see them a couple of times on their comeback tours, OK they were never going to raise the standard of modern music but Stephen had such a passion and enthusiasm for performing. He was a lovely lad as well Crying or Very sad

Apparently a spokesman for the family has said they don't think it was drink or drugs related so its looking like heart failure or the adult form of Sudden Infant death syndrome. Makes you realise just how precious life is!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Mon 12 Oct - 8:15:46

Have to say I too was so shocked this morning. 33 is no age to die..

I hope that it is proved conclusively that he died from S.I.D.S. or heart failure, if only to stop those with a revoltlingly sick sense of humour...

Personally I have never been able to find the death of anyone to be a moment for hilarity.

The idiots way of coping perhaps?
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Oct - 8:24:04

jucyberry wrote:Have to say I too was so shocked this morning. 33 is no age to die..

I hope that it is proved conclusively that he died from S.I.D.S. or heart failure, if only to stop those with a revoltlingly sick sense of humour...

Personally I have never been able to find the death of anyone to be a moment for hilarity.

The idiots way of coping perhaps?

Yes had the crappy text 'supposed' funnies all day. what is it with these sick people or am I over-sensitive ? I didn't particularly rate the man or group for that matter but this sort of instant sick humour seems to reflect our very sick society. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Mon 12 Oct - 8:32:46

No I don't think you are being over sensitive at all... I don't get this whole lets laugh at someone dying thing at all...

Perhaps they never had any one die young that they loved?

Or lets get topical and slightly controversial ..the nasty attempts at humour I have seen so far all seem to lean towards a distinctively homophobic opinion..
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 12 Oct - 8:43:57

jucyberry wrote:

Or lets get topical and slightly controversial ..the nasty attempts at humour I have seen so far all seem to lean towards a distinctively homophobic opinion..

Probably because (apart from the fact he was part of a boyband) there was nothing else to pick faults with him. I'm not saying he was faultless but apart from his coming out there was no other scandal in his public life, in fact for a celebrity he had a pretty normal life

33 is unbelievably young to die in such a way, an accident is bad enough
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 12 Oct - 19:33:45

VixDRFC wrote:
jucyberry wrote:

Probably because (apart from the fact he was part of a boyband) there was nothing else to pick faults with him. I'm not saying he was faultless but apart from his coming out there was no other scandal in his public life, in fact for a celebrity he had a pretty normal life

33 is unbelievably young to die in such a way, an accident is bad enough

It said on Sky news that his parents had made a statement saying it was a tragic accident, not sure what that means.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Wed 14 Oct - 3:33:38

Pulmonary oedema then.. to drown in the fluid in your lungs probably because your heart has malfunctioned.. Poor lad.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Oct - 8:37:35

jucyberry wrote:Pulmonary oedema then.. to drown in the fluid in your lungs probably because your heart has malfunctioned.. Poor lad.

Pleased to see there aren't any puerile comments on this matter. Quality folk on this site so far. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Oct - 9:17:05

hoolahoop wrote:
jucyberry wrote:Pulmonary oedema then.. to drown in the fluid in your lungs probably because your heart has malfunctioned.. Poor lad.

Pleased to see there aren't any puerile comments on this matter. Quality folk on this site so far. Stephen gately Dies Icon_smile

Yes , nobody has overstepped the mark yet, it must be the iron hand of our moderators that keep them in check Stephen gately Dies Icon_razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Oct - 9:23:19

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Pleased to see there aren't any puerile comments on this matter. Quality folk on this site so far. Stephen gately Dies Icon_smile

Yes , nobody has overstepped the mark yet, it must be the iron hand of our moderators that keep them in check Stephen gately Dies Icon_razz
Or just a bit of respect - its scary when someone younger than you dies
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Oct - 9:25:01

Btw Donny Star has a page about him, as Boyzone stayed here 2 years for tour rehearsals, nice to see this acknowledged
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Wed 14 Oct - 16:35:54

VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Or just a bit of respect - its scary when someone younger than you dies

Recon other places must be full of the dyslexic then and all they read it as is restepc then, cos the repulsive jokes keep on coming.Sad

I wish the papers wouldn't keep pushing the drink theory tho.. it is possible to have a pulmanry odema without drinking to excess..

Tell you something, it has made me fanatical about taking my pills now..and I suppose now I understand why the doctors and hospital always ask if I drink.. Sad
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 17 Oct - 8:47:54

Saw on the news that the daily mail is in hot water after been accused of Homophobia over his death, they have had over 1000 complaints about an article in todays paper blaming his lifestyle on his untimely death.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Sat 17 Oct - 8:53:11

Well he hasn't played the game right has he?

Dying of natural causes is very bad form if you are in showbiz... The media want a rock and roll death, not a lad with an undiagnosed heart complaint.. that just isn't salacious enough..

but wait.... whoohoo, he is gay, lets drum up a bit of dirt and play on that as we cant find anything else to print. it's disgusting. Vile gutter press intrusion.

Like last week when Matt lucas's husband died... why did some papers have to put the word husband in italics? Homophobia turns my stomach just as much as racisim.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Oct - 8:24:37

Homophobia turns my stomach just as much as racisim.[/quote]

And old people. Stephen gately Dies Icon_wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Sun 18 Oct - 9:57:26

Very Happy
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Oct - 21:09:44

jucyberry wrote:Stephen gately Dies Icon_biggrin

I'm off into town now, no doubt i will run into some of the sweet old Darlings, see if i can survive been run over by there Buggies. Stephen gately Dies Icon_flower
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down