The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BNP / Question Time

5 posters

Go down

BNP / Question Time Empty BNP / Question Time

Post by yorkie64red Tue 20 Oct - 5:32:53

What do people think about Nick Griffin the leader of the BNP been allowed to take part on Question time on thursday night, regardless of what the establishment may think i don't agree in trying to get him banned, if we are a free country we should not be afraid of debate and it is upto the people to make their own minds up, i think we are all intelligent enough to do that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/sep/27/straw-debate-bnp-griffin-question-time
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

BNP / Question Time Empty Re: BNP / Question Time

Post by hoolahoop Tue 20 Oct - 9:02:31

yorkie64red wrote:What do people think about Nick Griffin the leader of the BNP been allowed to take part on Question time on thursday night, regardless of what the establishment may think i don't agree in trying to get him banned, if we are a free country we should not be afraid of debate and it is upto the people to make their own minds up, i think we are all intelligent enough to do that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/sep/27/straw-debate-bnp-griffin-question-time

Freedom of speech etc. let's see the fool either paint himself 'whiter than white' or be seen in his true colours , either way he and they will look like fools. I'm looking forward to it personally. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 20 Oct - 9:06:45

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:What do people think about Nick Griffin the leader of the BNP been allowed to take part on Question time on thursday night, regardless of what the establishment may think i don't agree in trying to get him banned, if we are a free country we should not be afraid of debate and it is upto the people to make their own minds up, i think we are all intelligent enough to do that.

Freedom of speech etc. let's see the fool either paint himself 'whiter than white' or be seen in his true colours , either way he and they will look like fools. I'm looking forward to it personally. BNP / Question Time Icon_lol

Bet they will have the highest viewing figures yet BNP / Question Time Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 21 Oct - 22:50:21

Its surprising just how many people seem to support the BNP, i think what is happening is that people have serious concerns and nobody seems to want to listen as in the mainstream parties, the only option people then have is to look elsewhere, if they do eventually get a foothold in British Politics then the labour Liberals and Tories will only have themselves to blame.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 22 Oct - 4:48:51

yorkie64red wrote:Its surprising just how many people seem to support the BNP, i think what is happening is that people have serious concerns and nobody seems to want to listen as in the mainstream parties, the only option people then have is to look elsewhere, if they do eventually get a foothold in British Politics then the labour Liberals and Tories will only have themselves to blame.

Disagree the only people to blame are the Education gurus who refuse to teach Politics in our schools as they do on the continent. politics is not the X Factor! Shite just had an image of those twatting twins flash across my mind. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Thu 22 Oct - 20:22:02

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:Its surprising just how many people seem to support the BNP, i think what is happening is that people have serious concerns and nobody seems to want to listen as in the mainstream parties, the only option people then have is to look elsewhere, if they do eventually get a foothold in British Politics then the labour Liberals and Tories will only have themselves to blame.

Disagree the only people to blame are the Education gurus who refuse to teach Politics in our schools as they do on the continent. politics is not the X Factor! Shite just had an image of those twatting twins flash across my mind. Sad Sad Sad

I'd vote for the twins before I voted for the BNP Sad
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 22 Oct - 21:37:37

hoolahoop wrote:Disagree the only people to blame are the Education gurus who refuse to teach Politics in our schools as they do on the continent. politics is not the X Factor! Shite just had an image of those twatting twins flash across my mind. Sad Sad Sad

I wish politics was taught in schools. They taught us about the structure of the government, and the process of introducing new laws (ridiculously boring), but nothing about the actual parties involved. Besides the basics, I'm clueless about what each party stands for. This is why so many people don't vote, they don't know who they're voting for Evil or Very Mad
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 22 Oct - 22:19:37

The Wednesday wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:Disagree the only people to blame are the Education gurus who refuse to teach Politics in our schools as they do on the continent. politics is not the X Factor! Shite just had an image of those twatting twins flash across my mind. Sad Sad Sad

I wish politics was taught in schools. They taught us about the structure of the government, and the process of introducing new laws (ridiculously boring), but nothing about the actual parties involved. Besides the basics, I'm clueless about what each party stands for. This is why so many people don't vote, they don't know who they're voting for Evil or Very Mad

I Don't agree with educating people in schools about individual partys, that is indoctrination and will make for a very scary country, i don't think that is the reason people don't vote, i honestly believe that none of the main political partys are offering anything different, plus we are just governed from europe these days, but don't get me on that one. Mad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 23 Oct - 7:16:36

I've set this up on Sky+

Should be interesting, I know i've said I know nothing about individual parties, but I did have a good look on their website after they won the european seats thingy. I seem to remember politely saying 'bloody idiots' a lot whilst reading.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Oct - 7:51:08

The Wednesday wrote:I've set this up on Sky+

Should be interesting, I know i've said I know nothing about individual parties, but I did have a good look on their website after they won the european seats thingy. I seem to remember politely saying 'bloody idiots' a lot whilst reading.

They did have a Million people vote for them though, and they are growing, why the politicians won't listen to what people are saying is beyond me, too scared of upsetting the apple cart.. once the momentum builds it will be too late, people are not ashamed of saying they vote BNP anymore.. BNP / Question Time Icon_neutral
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Oct - 8:43:11

Anybody watching it.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 23 Oct - 8:43:52

yorkie64red wrote:Anybody watching it.

Will do tomorrow. You?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Oct - 8:46:46

The Wednesday wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:Anybody watching it.

Will do tomorrow. You?

Got it on now, not a supporter, but it does seem a hand picked audience to do him down.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 23 Oct - 12:27:06

Got it on now, not a supporter, but it does seem a hand picked audience to do him down.

I don't think you'd have to handpick an audience to achieve that, particularly amongst people with an interest in politics and current affairs, and who'd want to attend Question Time in the first place. Nick Griffin is a dangerous extremist, and that should be apparent to most people.

Griffin got a couple of his points across, he was certainly in his element on Islam and the war in Iraq (making points that would be considered moderate in the current climate), but he spent most of the hour denying quotes attributed to him, and ducking or laughing off the toughest questions. It's all irrelevant though as far as I'm concerned, the supporter base that the BNP currently have was never going to be affected by this appearance, the invite to appear was itself the triumph as far as they were concerned.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Oct - 0:46:59

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

I don't think you'd have to handpick an audience to achieve that, particularly amongst people with an interest in politics and current affairs, and who'd want to attend Question Time in the first place. Nick Griffin is a dangerous extremist, and that should be apparent to most people.

Griffin got a couple of his points across, he was certainly in his element on Islam and the war in Iraq (making points that would be considered moderate in the current climate), but he spent most of the hour denying quotes attributed to him, and ducking or laughing off the toughest questions. It's all irrelevant though as far as I'm concerned, the supporter base that the BNP currently have was never going to be affected by this appearance, the invite to appear was itself the triumph as far as they were concerned.

I was surprised at work today just how many people thought he was ganged up against and that the audience were not representative of the British poulation, many are not BNP voters and although agreeing he is a nutter many do agree with his message on Islam.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 24 Oct - 6:29:33

yorkie64red wrote:
Dan_the_Owl wrote:

I got the impression it was a 'bull baiting' charade and has only served to help their cause more IMO. The usual Question Time format was thrown to one side and then the battle commenced. He struck me as a very dangerous fool and his immaturity as a debating politician made him all the more foolish. In summary
I'm not sure whether it was an 'own goal' or damn good advertising for the BNP..........I'm flummoxed.

I was surprised at work today just how many people thought he was ganged up against and that the audience were not representative of the British poulation, many are not BNP voters and although agreeing he is a nutter many do agree with his message on Islam.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down