The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion...

+2
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Promotion... Empty Promotion...

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 1:36:08

We could still make it to the playoffs and once there its a lottery so could make it to the Premiership, the question that needs asking though is if we got there who out of the current squad would you take with us...

For me i would take the following...

Billy Sharp
Martin Woods
Brian Stock
Matt Killgallon am sure he would sign if we got promoted..
John Oster
Simon Gillett
James Coppinger
Mustafa Dumbaya
Joeseph Mills same as Killgallon
James O Connor
James Hayter
Dean Shiels

Could you see any of the following making the grade...

Sam Hird
Mark Wilson
Shelton Martis
James Chambers
George friend
Wayne Thomas
Gary Woods
Neil Sullivan would expect to be released anyway due to his age...
Steve Brooker
Adam Lockwood
Byron Webster
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Promotion... Empty Re: Promotion...

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 1:47:26

And i think we will make it and that is my view i know it will not be everybody's view when we go up we will have to have a major cull of the current squad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 1:52:10

pkt_drfc wrote:And i think we will make it and that is my view i know it will not be everybody's view when we go up we will have to have a major cull of the current squad

I still think we could make it, we just need something to click and us go on a few wins, we have games in hand and need to make them count, if we did go up though i think like you say we would need a major Cull of the current squad, would also need a bigger squad to cope in the Prem, its getting the balance right though as in reality we would come back down again and don't want to be landed with a team we could not afford...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 1:53:59

yorkie64red wrote:

I still think we could make it, we just need something to click and us go on a few wins, we have games in hand and need to make them count, if we did go up though i think like you say we would need a major Cull of the current squad, would also need a bigger squad to cope in the Prem, its getting the balance right though as in reality we would come back down again and don't want to be landed with a team we could not afford...

Bugger that we will win the premiership in a couple of years cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 1:56:14

pkt_drfc wrote:

Bugger that we will win the premiership in a couple of years cheers

Positive waves ...thats what i like to see...none of the doom and gloom that is spreading as quick as Chlymedia... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 24 Jan - 1:57:03

Yes we could still make it to the play offs then who knows.
Sulli to come with us as back up and for the experience/coaching
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 1:58:44

Dagenham Rover wrote:Yes we could still make it to the play offs then who knows.
Sulli to come with us as back up and for the experience/coaching

Just watching the QPR v Coventry game...and you can see why Qpr are at the top...Coventry not having a bad game either..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 1:59:24

Always positive me as i said yesterday to Bri and Vikki i am not worried 1 bit
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 2:01:37

pkt_drfc wrote:Always positive me as i said yesterday to Bri and Vikki i am not worried 1 bit

Petes that positive that he promised to pay for all our drinks for a year if we didn't go up...bet he was too blathered to remember that though... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 2:03:01

Nope i did not say that i said i will buy an extra round though
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 2:04:29

pkt_drfc wrote:Nope i did not say that i said i will buy an extra round though

Lets hope you don't have to stand it then... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 Jan - 4:59:25

pkt_drfc wrote:Always positive me as i said yesterday to Bri and Vikki i am not worried 1 bit

True you did, I was the invisible negative one sat on the same table, you probably missed me with all the ale you were supping Wink
I really hope you're right Pete, we just need to get a couple of good wins under our belt starting Tuesday against the Dingles to set us on our way, a couple of clean sheets and a freebie ST awaits us next season eh ? Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 5:22:05

hoolahoop wrote:

True you did, I was the invisible negative one sat on the same table, you probably missed me with all the ale you were supping Wink
I really hope you're right Pete, we just need to get a couple of good wins under our belt starting Tuesday against the Dingles to set us on our way, a couple of clean sheets and a freebie ST awaits us next season eh ? Smile

Naa you were busy chatting to the Burnley fans... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 8:49:09

hoolahoop wrote:

When ever have i let you down with my gut feelings and knowledge Razz Razz Razz
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 8:54:50

pkt_drfc wrote:

When ever have i let you down with my gut feelings and knowledge Razz Razz Razz

You said it ..... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 Jan - 8:55:44

But answer the question though Bri do you agree
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 8:59:02

pkt_drfc wrote:But answer the question though Bri do you agree

Well your not far of the mark...... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 24 Jan - 9:33:02

I take it by talking about promotion we mean play-offs? OK if we win all our games in hand we may have a chance but on the whole if we get there it will because the other teams are bad than us being genuine promotion contenders

But its not all doom and gloom, we are 2 places lower than we were this time last season but a point more, we're scoring freely in league (taking the Reading game out of it) Not wanting to seem obsessed by Leeds but in the form table they're only 2 points and 2 places ahead of us in the league

I honestly think the big problem is injuries, normally a less than effective defence is carried by the midfield and vice versa, with both operating at reduced levels we will ship goals... and if I was S'OD I be thinking attack is best form of defence and aim to score one more goal than the opposition. Because attack is our most effective area barring a blip or two atm

IF and its an enormous IF we ever made the Prem I don't think we'd get rid of many of the squad, they'd just add to them with players of a bit more quality in key areas

I don't think we're any worse this season than we were last, I just think tyhe expectations are greater and thats why defeat hurts more
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Mon 24 Jan - 21:37:07

yorkie64red wrote:

Positive waves ...thats what i like to see...none of the doom and gloom that is spreading as quick as Chlymedia... Laughing

Is that someone from the press box....??

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 Jan - 21:42:20

Upwind wrote:

Is that someone from the press box....??

Thats the one...how do you know... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 25 Jan - 6:58:04

VixDRFC wrote:I take it by talking about promotion we mean play-offs? OK if we win all our games in hand we may have a chance but on the whole if we get there it will because the other teams are bad than us being genuine promotion contenders

But its not all doom and gloom, we are 2 places lower than we were this time last season but a point more, we're scoring freely in league (taking the Reading game out of it) Not wanting to seem obsessed by Leeds but in the form table they're only 2 points and 2 places ahead of us in the league

I honestly think the big problem is injuries, normally a less than effective defence is carried by the midfield and vice versa, with both operating at reduced levels we will ship goals... and if I was S'OD I be thinking attack is best form of defence and aim to score one more goal than the opposition. Because attack is our most effective area barring a blip or two atm

IF and its an enormous IF we ever made the Prem I don't think we'd get rid of many of the squad, they'd just add to them with players of a bit more quality in key areas

I don't think we're any worse this season than we were last, I just think tyhe expectations are greater and thats why defeat hurts more

Good post and much the way I see it, unfortunately we have just had shittier defeats than normal . A loss is a loss 1-0, 3-0, 5-0 it's still zero points.
However the contrary applies whatever the score a win will give us ..................3 points. Laughing That starts tomorrow against the inbreds. Wink
Are we worse than last season ? Of course not , we are free scoring and that's exciting, each game win, lose or draw is more unpredictable than last season .
If and it's a huge ''IF'' we were to get anywhere near the Prem . we would just add a few to the squad and cut away some dead wood to accomodate them.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down