The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JR says back the lads...

+2
the vicar
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

JR says back the lads... Empty JR says back the lads...

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 2:37:47

And will be in the south stand with the other directors on Saturday to join the supporters in doing just that...

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2298563,00.html
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

JR says back the lads... Empty Re: JR says back the lads...

Post by the vicar Tue 22 Feb - 3:44:42

and what good will that do if we and when we get beat tomorrow it will be the lowest home croud since we have been at the keepmoat i think but i will still be there

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 3:49:29

the vicar wrote:and what good will that do if we and when we get beat tomorrow it will be the lowest home croud since we have been at the keepmoat i think but i will still be there

You might well be right, heres the ticket sales so far, not sure when it was last updated but can't see it been far out...

Kick Off 15:00
Ticket Sales 6812 + 242
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 4:09:32

JR is also on the BBC tonight at 7.30pm on the inside out show, talking Buisiness and football...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 22 Feb - 4:44:33

Never misses a chance to get orange head in the lime light dose he, and now he's managing to do it in the bad times too
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 5:25:51

A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN
"First of all, may I start by thanking all of the Doncaster Rovers supporters who made the long trip to the Liberty Stadium last weekend. The noise that you created and the support that you gave the team was absolutely superb. For the majority of the match, you couldn't hear a single Swansea fan; such was the level of vociferous support you gave the players in another difficult match."

"There is no denying that these are difficult times for Doncaster Rovers on the pitch, with the list of injured players seemingly increasing week upon week. A minority of so-called supporters have been heavily criticising the team, which is disappointing to say the least. At present, our fantastic manager Sean O'Driscoll - who has brought us nothing but success since his arrival - has FOURTEEN first team players currently missing through injury. The likes of Brian Stock, James Hayter and Billy Sharp - influential players in our team when fit - are currently out of action and forcing our squad to be stretched beyond its means."

"Now is the time for everybody proud to call themselves a Doncaster Rovers supporter to get BEHIND their team. We need to pull all of our resources together and create a 'Blitz mentality', ensuring that a wall of sound greets the players wearing a red and white hooped shirt as they emerge from the tunnel - and it all starts this Saturday against Watford. From that moment, the noise needs to continue and the encouragement to never cease, whether it be cheering, egging players on or having the drum being beat at a thunderous rate to create a cauldron atmosphere."

"These players have and will continue to put 110% into their performances for the team and supporters - so I ask you all to come down to the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday afternoon for the Watford match and give 110% support back to the players."

"Together, we can start to put some results together and achieve anything we want to - but we need to do exactly that; stick together."

"And, in line with that sentiment, myself and the Doncaster Rovers directors will be right there with you this weekend - in the Polypipe South Stand - supporting the Rovers and joining the fans so that we can together get the lads back to winning ways."

"So get down to the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday for the clash against Watford!"

"Rovers Till I Die!"

- John Ryan, Chairman

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 22 Feb - 5:50:48

NIGHTMARE wrote:Never misses a chance to get orange head in the lime light dose he, and now he's managing to do it in the bad times too

Your daft sarcy comments about our great Chairman are not welcome on this board Nighty..............now leg it or should I say shuffle off you knuckledragger. Mad Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 5:59:49

hoolahoop wrote:

Your daft sarcy comments about our great Chairman are not welcome on this board Nighty..............now leg it or should I say shuffle off you knuckledragger. Mad Mad Mad

talking about chairmen , has theres got a court date yet... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 22 Feb - 6:03:50

yorkie64red wrote:

talking about chairmen , has theres got a court date yet... Laughing Laughing

The only stand he will take is the one in the Old Bailey sometime fairly soon sand that won't be any laughing matter. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 22 Feb - 8:23:44

just watched the interview, got a lovely house and what a train set , bet theres plenty on here that would like one , what i didn't know is that he is involved with getting that Steam train built in Doncaster and is trying to get a railway museum up and running in the town... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 22 Feb - 8:41:03

yorkie64red wrote:just watched the interview, got a lovely house and what a train set , bet theres plenty on here that would like one , what i didn't know is that he is involved with getting that Steam train built in Doncaster and is trying to get a railway museum up and running in the town... Smile

Proper fella, that train in his garden is superb. Pleased to see he is involved in the steam train project too, truly a man who has never forgotten his roots despite the jibes from other club's fans.
Yes he's got money , a fine set of teeth, a good perma tan .............what do you expevct from a man who has made his millions from the beauty trade but and this is the important thing he has a love for not only this town but this region. Smile A true Yorkshireman.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 22 Feb - 9:53:13

Good job it all didn't go tits up

ok I've got me coat...................
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 22 Feb - 9:55:29

Dagenham Rover wrote:Good job it all didn't go tits up

ok I've got me coat...................

It's ok I won't shoot the Messenger. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 22 Feb - 19:24:59

Well, if its any consolation, i will be there with 2 Irish collegues, so tats 3 that wouldn't normally be there.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 22 Feb - 21:31:53

paul are you meeting up with me and our simon on sat mate

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 22 Feb - 21:36:10

Dave, before game we will be in the pub across the way, after the lads want to rush home to see the Rugby. So, if you around the "premier inn " or whatever its called, we can renew old aquaintences. ( unless you know a better watering hole ).
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 22 Feb - 22:31:24

theres the new brewary oposite the ground

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 22 Feb - 23:08:56

Ok Dave, will be there at approx 1.30 ( dont suppose they do Guinness though ).
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 23 Feb - 2:10:43

no they gont so the other pub should so see you in there ok paul

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 23 Feb - 2:58:43

OK Dave.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 23 Feb - 5:23:53

Look everybody it's the ......''Dave & Paul Show''. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 23 Feb - 10:25:04

i dont come on enough to be my show and you lot do a lot more chit chat than me so Razz Razz Razz

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 23 Feb - 19:37:39

hoolahoop wrote:Look everybody it's the ......''Dave & Paul Show''. lol!

Says the man who singlehandedly has 6868 posts on forum. Bet you cant wait for 6969 lol! lol!
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 23 Feb - 20:38:04

Irish Contingent wrote:

Says the man who singlehandedly has 6868 posts on forum. Bet you cant wait for 6969 lol! lol!

Only joking fellas. Wink Hope the trip from Ireland goes well, are you bringing the points with you ? We need a touch of the Irish at present. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down