The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know the answer

3 posters

Go down

Anybody know the answer Empty Anybody know the answer

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 29 Mar - 3:29:20

Probably one for Hoola

In olden days when you could take a car apart with 3 spanners and 2 screwdrivers we were always told that starting or stopping and restarting an engine used more petrol (on the initial startup) if you get my drift.

So how come on my new van and some cars it uses this stop/start buisness, ie when you pull up at a set of lights you put the handbrake on knock it out of gear the engine stops untill you dip the clutch and then it restarts the engine, or is it purely an emission thing and they don't give a stuff that it costs a bit more, or doesn't it use more fuel nowadays
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Anybody know the answer Empty Re: Anybody know the answer

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 3:33:17

Dagenham Rover wrote:Probably one for Hoola

In olden days when you could take a car apart with 3 spanners and 2 screwdrivers we were always told that starting or stopping and restarting an engine used more petrol (on the initial startup) if you get my drift.

So how come on my new van and some cars it uses this stop/start buisness, ie when you pull up at a set of lights you put the handbrake on knock it out of gear the engine stops untill you dip the clutch and then it restarts the engine, or is it purely an emission thing and they don't give a stuff that it costs a bit more, or doesn't it use more fuel nowadays

Think you have it spot on daggers, nowt to do with saving fuel, all about trying to pro-long this clapped out world were living in.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 29 Mar - 3:40:53

Dagenham Rover wrote:Probably one for Hoola

What sort of car do you drive my does not do that or is your memory and you forget you have turned off with the key Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 29 Mar - 3:48:47

pkt_drfc wrote:

What sort of car do you drive my does not do that or is your memory and you forget you have turned off with the key Laughing
Grrrrrr

The van (the firms) a new vw caddy its got all sorts of gizmo's on it cruise control, this stop/start crap, even at night when you've got your headlights on when you put an indicator on and start to turn the ruddy foglight on the side your turning to comes on and shines that way.

Gimme back me old transit Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 3:49:49

pkt_drfc wrote:

Stop been cheaky to your elders pete...sorry daggers youth of today just have no respect... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 29 Mar - 3:50:45

yea only joking i know what you mean just as been said for fuel consuption and low emmisions
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 3:52:16

pkt_drfc wrote:yea only joking i know what you mean just as been said for fuel consuption and low emmisions

Hows the old Pug doing these days Pete, bet it feels better for a wash.... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 29 Mar - 3:54:02

pkt_drfc wrote:yea only joking i know what you mean just as been said for fuel consuption and low emmisions

Young bloody whippersnapper Smile

I'm surprised that old Pugs even got start technology never mind stop/start Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 29 Mar - 3:54:24

Yep Brilliant thank you better then your rust bucket hey bri Very Happy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 3:55:43

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep Brilliant thank you better then your rust bucket hey bri Very Happy

Now you can't tell if mines rusty or not, its been that long since i saw the paintwork.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 29 Mar - 3:58:21

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Young bloody whippersnapper Smile

I'm surprised that old Pugs even got start technology never mind stop/start Smile

My car does not need technology does a radio count Laughing Laughing

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 3:59:43

[quote="pkt_drfc"]

My car does not need technology does a radio count Laughing Laughing

Theres no wonder Daggers is confused pete, his last car had a starting handle... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 29 Mar - 4:05:02

[quote="yorkie64red"]

Right handy for bashing some people over the head they were (not pointing to anyone in particular honest) Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Mar - 4:07:40

[quote="Dagenham Rover"]

so you do remember them then.... Razz Razz Razz Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down