The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Sharp

+4
the vicar
Dagenham Rover
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Billy Sharp Empty Billy Sharp

Post by yorkie64red Fri 6 May - 4:13:13

Fit and could play saturday according to Radio Sheffield...would be great if true, finish the season with a couple of Goals Billy...then come and get your award on saturday night for top goal scorer.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Billy Sharp Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 6 May - 4:29:11

A bit ironic when we do not need his Sharp touch now Laughing. Sharp is a bit like the Police they turn up when you DON'T need them no more lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 6 May - 6:17:56

But just to put a downer on it Sean also said he is struggling to put a team out 12 or 13 players out again or do they try to get some of them through one more game!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 6 May - 6:24:03

bloody hell i will deffo be glad to see end of the season
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 6 May - 6:24:26

Dagenham Rover wrote:But just to put a downer on it Sean also said he is struggling to put a team out 12 or 13 players out again or do they try to get some of them through one more game!

Not really got alot of choice has he....lets hope he gets all these problems sorted out asap and doesen't leave it till almost when the season starts.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sat 7 May - 9:03:39

and wat did i tell you all on another thread i sed he could play at midds on sat right again

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 7 May - 20:39:29

the vicar wrote:and wat did i tell you all on another thread i sed he could play at midds on sat right again

A small bet on Sharp for first scorer might just be in order here............you know what he's like. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 8 May - 5:39:19

he was bit unfit had 3 shots on goal but a bit tame and nice tro see him back through his spare boots in to the croud after the game hope thats not a good bye

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 8 May - 6:46:32

the vicar wrote:he was bit unfit had 3 shots on goal but a bit tame and nice tro see him back through his spare boots in to the croud after the game hope thats not a good bye

A few of the lads did that last week so I wouldn't read anything into it
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 8 May - 7:14:11

cops dad said today that his james will only stay if sod and billy sharp stays her

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 May - 23:56:50

the vicar wrote:cops dad said today that his james will only stay if sod and billy sharp stays her

Won't be going anywhere then... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 9 May - 6:38:25

hope not lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 10 May - 4:43:34

Coppinger wont go.
Billy maybe
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 10 May - 5:49:33

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Coppinger wont go.
Billy maybe

Billy i reckon will be with us at least till january just to see how we are doing, he might make a decision then, having said all that if the various things you hear are true he loves it at Rovers and is grateful for us getting his career back on track after the blunts tried to destroy it..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 10 May - 5:52:28

Whatever happens its going to be a long summer.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 10 May - 5:53:18

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Whatever happens its going to be a long summer.

Your right there jack... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 10 May - 19:12:25

DONCASTER Rovers star Billy Sharp delivered on his pledge following his hernia operation to be back playing before the end of the season at the Riverside on Saturday.

The 25-year-old came on as a second-half substitute in the 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

“It was nice to be back out there on the pitch,” he said. “If was a disappointing result but from a personal point of view I was happy with how things went. It was important to get back playing again before the end of the season.

“I’ve worked hard on my rehabilitation and I wanted to get a little reward by getting back before the end of the season and to also show people that I was on the way back.”

There were reports at the time of his hernia operation that Sharp might need surgery on his groin at some stage, but the club’s record signing is confident that won’t be the case.

“I’m 90 per cent certain that I won’t need surgery on my groin,” he told The Star. “That was also one of the reasons that I wanted to get out there on Saturday.

“If the groin had gone during the match then obviously I would have needed surgery.

“As it is I’ve got three months to get myself completely right and make sure that I’m fully fit for the start of next season.

“I’m at the stage where I need to be working hard in training to make absolutely sure whether the groin is right or not. I’ll have a bit of a break but I’ll be working hard during the close season.

“Even if the worst comes to the worst, and I need an operation, I’ll still be back for the start of next season.”

The general consensus among Rovers’ fans is that if Sharp, the club’s top scorer with 16 goals, hadn’t have missed most of the run-in, the club wouldn’t have found themselves batting against relegation.

“If I had scored ten more goals we’d probably have got a few more points,” said Sharp. “I’m not saying that we’d have been challenging for a place in the play-offs but we’d probably have finished in mid-table.

“I’ve enjoyed my first season as a Doncaster player; it is just disappointing that we finished fourth bottom.

“It has been a frustrating season and finishing just above the relegation zone is not what we set out to do at the start of the season. Injuries didn’t help but you can’t blame them for everything because we’ve got a squad and that is what a squad is for.

“But if you look at some of our performances this season when we’ve had players out injured, it shows we need to strengthen the squad.

But at the end of the day we are still in the Championship and hopefully we can improve on this season’s showing.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/sharp_relief_at_comeback_1_3364682
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 10 May - 19:21:24

Sounds like he is already looking forward to next season let's face it will take £3 + million IMO we will not let him go without a fight but it has got to match him aswell
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 10 May - 19:25:14

pkt_drfc wrote:Sounds like he is already looking forward to next season let's face it will take £3 + million IMO we will not let him go without a fight but it has got to match him aswell

Sounds like he is already looking forward to the new campaign....in the red and white hoops of Doncaster rovers.. cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 10 May - 20:41:00

yorkie64red wrote:

Sounds like he is already looking forward to the new campaign....in the red and white hoops of Doncaster rovers.. cheers

Yep sounds very much like a statement of intent to get on with things asap, I just hope he hasn't got an interfering agent that controls him like others do!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Wed 11 May - 22:50:26

Not posted for a while and hate to start with a downer but, a young friend of mine was out with couple of players over the weekend and the rumour about Ipswich is unfortunately true. There is also another enquiry on the table from an unspecified club but apparantly he would be happy to stay at Rovers, it would appear it's all down to the offer being accepted or rejected by Rovers and Billy being happy with the move. My guess is that there must be a sell on clause which allows Billy to listen to offers if the valuation is met. I'll let you know when I hear anymore.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 11 May - 23:30:24

ravenrover wrote:Not posted for a while and hate to start with a downer but, a young friend of mine was out with couple of players over the weekend and the rumour about Ipswich is unfortunately true. There is also another enquiry on the table from an unspecified club but apparantly he would be happy to stay at Rovers, it would appear it's all down to the offer being accepted or rejected by Rovers and Billy being happy with the move. My guess is that there must be a sell on clause which allows Billy to listen to offers if the valuation is met. I'll let you know when I hear anymore.

If the club decided to sell Billy Sharp it beggers the question who they could get for the money that would do as good a Job, JR must know that without Billy this season we would have been relegated..to be honest if they do let him go i would hope it is sooner rather then later don't want another Matt mills episode...but like you say it seems Billy really is happy here and couldn't see him going to a backwater like Ipswich...wonder who the other club is... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 12 May - 2:26:57

ravenrover wrote:Not posted for a while and hate to start with a downer but, a young friend of mine was out with couple of players over the weekend and the rumour about Ipswich is unfortunately true. There is also another enquiry on the table from an unspecified club but apparantly he would be happy to stay at Rovers, it would appear it's all down to the offer being accepted or rejected by Rovers and Billy being happy with the move. My guess is that there must be a sell on clause which allows Billy to listen to offers if the valuation is met. I'll let you know when I hear anymore.

There is a clause in his contract. It was confirmed by O'Driscoll the other month
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 12 May - 4:58:28

Didnt JR say 5m ?
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Thu 12 May - 5:28:18

JR also said in the same interview with DeeDah that he "didn't know" if there was a clause, he then later said "Shall we say £5m". Have to say I haven't seen anything from SO'D confirming that
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next