The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season ticket sales

+5
Upwind
Irish Contingent
NorthRed
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
9 posters

Go down

Season ticket sales Empty Season ticket sales

Post by yorkie64red Mon 6 Jun - 1:58:43

Ticket Sales 3279

Updated today on the keepmost site, truly shocking , looks like i was a tad over optermistic when i predicted 4500.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Season ticket sales Empty Re: Season ticket sales

Post by hoolahoop Mon 6 Jun - 5:27:42

yorkie64red wrote:Ticket Sales 3279

Updated today on the keepmost site, truly shocking , looks like i was a tad over optermistic when i predicted 4500.. No

Surely the sales will increase as we get nearer to the 'Early Bird' cut off date.........at least I hope so. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 6 Jun - 5:33:10

hoolahoop wrote:

Surely the sales will increase as we get nearer to the 'Early Bird' cut off date.........at least I hope so. Sad

I hope your right, but i somehow doub't it...i think the majority would have bought them before the first deadline day...there was a price hike then and sales have been very sluggish, just hope all those that have decided not to renew still decide to buy match tickets individually when we are at home...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 6 Jun - 5:41:45

I think a lot of clubs will be in the same boat this season as a lot of people are finding it hard money wise this year. We won't have no where near as many season tickets as last season!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 6 Jun - 5:46:21

yorkie64red wrote:

I hope your right, but i somehow doub't it...i think the majority would have bought them before the first deadline day...there was a price hike then and sales have been very sluggish, just hope all those that have decided not to renew still decide to buy match tickets individually when we are at home...

As ever I'm optimistic, I think we will still see good crowds at the KM next season.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 11 Jun - 0:19:13

3374 now sold....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Sat 11 Jun - 0:42:30

I think the figures were to be expected. Although some "Love" the style of play of DRFC many are not so favourable toward it. I would hazard a guess that 80% of DRFC followers prefer "Winning" football, and time and again Sean has shown his teams to be seemingly incapable of that.
So, it comes as no surprise that ST sales are apparently down, many prefering to "Pick and choose" games where a win is more likely than a draw or defeat.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 11 Jun - 0:55:58

Or it could just possibly have something to do with the countries current financial situation................. Shocked............. just maybe.

I also think that your guess is way out Irish - I'd prefer to watch good passing football rather than join the Tin Hat Club.

However I'd agree, it is better to watch when we win.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Sat 11 Jun - 3:53:46

Upwind wrote:Or it could just possibly have something to do with the countries current financial situation................. Shocked............. just maybe.

I also think that your guess is way out Irish - I'd prefer to watch good passing football rather than join the Tin Hat Club.

However I'd agree, it is better to watch when we win.

I dont advocate "Hoofball" or "Kick and rush" as a preference either. Football played DRFC way........With an end product.... is much better, but simply put folk are not about to "Shell out" hundreds of pounds in the hope of watching DRFC win a game.. or two every now and again, much easier to pick and choose potential wins, then they go away happy.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sat 11 Jun - 7:38:53

i agree with paul (irish) i have spoke to a lot of rovers fans and they tell me they are going to pick there games they go to as to the second part of the season

Last edited by the vicar on Sun 12 Jun - 5:45:42; edited 1 time in total

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by wxmowls Sat 11 Jun - 8:49:39

they was calling you the arsenal of the north. coz of the good footy you was playing. ther are times when you can play to much football an miss the chance to just put the ball in the box .thats y arsenal did not do as well as they should of.f it sounds like it was the same thing at your place .

wxmowls
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 12 Jun - 5:47:53

wxmowls wrote:they was calling you the arsenal of the north. coz of the good footy you was playing. ther are times when you can play to much football an miss the chance to just put the ball in the box .thats y arsenal did not do as well as they should of.f it sounds like it was the same thing at your place .
yes we do tend to over pass the ball to much near goal when we should be shooting

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 12 Jun - 8:20:01

the vicar wrote:i agree with paul (irish) i have spoke to a lot of rovers fans and they tell me they are going to pick there games they go to as to the second part of the season

Tbf pre Billy's injury there were plenty of wins hence our survival this season. The wins and the style would have been there as they will be next season bar the same glut of injuries or a massive exodus of our top players.
I'm optimistic. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 17 Jun - 2:06:48

3581 now sold, reckon thats about another 200 in a week
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 17 Jun - 2:25:43

yorkie64red wrote:3581 now sold, reckon thats about another 200 in a week

I believe that it's nearer 207............ Rolling Eyes

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 17 Jun - 2:31:49

Upwind wrote:

I believe that it's nearer 207............ Rolling Eyes

even better... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 17 Jun - 7:14:43

The sales are beginning to pick up again, I know of 3 people in the last week who have never had a ST before and have just bought their first one. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Fri 17 Jun - 8:48:40

I was in there today renewing my 2 kids (did mine a couple of months ago on spread payment but can't do kids on that) and the woman serving me said that they are expecving to sell a lot of kids tickets in July as that has been the trend over the last couple of seasons as kids prices don't increase.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 17 Jun - 10:59:58

SkellowRover wrote:I was in there today renewing my 2 kids (did mine a couple of months ago on spread payment but can't do kids on that) and the woman serving me said that they are expecving to sell a lot of kids tickets in July as that has been the trend over the last couple of seasons as kids prices don't increase.

Lets hope so, there the future.....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 17 Jun - 22:13:36

Well im off school to go and pick up mine today Embarassed cheers
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Jun - 0:29:43

3629 now...they seem to be selling again, slowly but surely...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Jun - 1:52:12

Hopefully now the fixtures have been released it might make people realise what there missing and decide to buy that season ticket...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 18 Jun - 5:16:00

They will be there believe me, I have faith.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down