The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On a serious note..

+5
VixDRFC
Irish Contingent
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
NorthRed
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On a serious note.. Empty On a serious note..

Post by NorthRed Sun 20 Nov - 20:49:12

What do you Rovers fans really think to what is happening at your club?
Who do you think is to blame for letting these people who openly admit they are in it for the money into your club?
And where do you think it will get you? Staying up??? Going down??
I'm not taking the piss here just interested in your honest response's, people keep saying they would'nt like it at their club but they are not going through it so they don't really know.
Just one more...
Do any of you REALLY know/understand what the set up there actually is now?
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

On a serious note.. Empty Re: On a serious note..

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Nov - 20:53:27

Well honestly i think we will stop up by the skin of our teeth and obviously we was going down anyway with SOD in charge but we are fans end of the day somebody has to go down might be us but i can gurantee you one thing i will still be there next season what ever happens
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 20:57:51

I said at the time it would either be a brilliant idea that would work or it would be a disaster...still early days yet, Brammal wanting out seems to have been the event that lead to the club turning to Willy Mckay...i still think we will stay up but for me the weak link in the plan is Saunders himself , i just don't think he is upto the task, get Mickey Walker back in to help him..at the moment we have a conference manager and conference backroom staff...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Nov - 21:01:56

At the moment he can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk time will tell i suppose
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 20 Nov - 21:05:21

Well pkt i know you'll still be there what ever happens, i was the same with Barnsley, I've seen us promoted, relegated and all sorts of good/bad stuff inbetween. Thats the joys of being a fan. But basically what i want to know is do you like the new set up??
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Nov - 21:07:19

At the moment Yes my view might change or maybe i am still on the fence i am deffo not in the NO camp
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 21:08:12

What i would add is that i honestly believe that this has to work..the consequences for it been a failure don't bare thinking about...i think a more expireinced manager could have made it work..i still think this sort of manager was approached prior to saunders arrival but it seems they didn't want to embrace it....but likePete says we are there for the long haul nothing we can do nothing about it apart from getting behind the lads..and thats not what the arseholes behind us yesterday were doing...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 21:13:52

NorthRed wrote:Well pkt i know you'll still be there what ever happens, i was the same with Barnsley, I've seen us promoted, relegated and all sorts of good/bad stuff inbetween. Thats the joys of being a fan. But basically what i want to know is do you like the new set up??

I would rather not have it...like i said yesterday at the ground Barnsley are much like us similar players similar crowd yet they are doing it the right way...if you can do it why can't we, i am convinced a good championship manager could have progressed our club with our existing squad..but we are where we are and have to see how it goes...no choice really..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 20 Nov - 21:23:54

Yorkie we all have fans like that, Barnsley fans some of the worse going for getting on at the team. We win one match and half of them then expect us to win the league, then wen we start losing to a team its all boo's and Hill ant got a clue!! A complete set of mongo's them lot.
I like Keith Hill, his attitude and the lot. The problem is most Barnsley fans dunt like to hear the truth so make up conspiracy theories, Hill has fallen out with Haynes, a blokes dog told me when he ran on't training ground and shit like that.
They all need to get a grip and realise the situation clubs our size are actually in!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Mon 21 Nov - 0:03:45

yorkie64red wrote:I said at the time it would either be a brilliant idea that would work or it would be a disaster...still early days yet, Brammal wanting out seems to have been the event that lead to the club turning to Willy Mckay...i still think we will stay up but for me the weak link in the plan is Saunders himself , i just don't think he is upto the task, get Mickey Walker back in to help him..at the moment we have a conference manager and conference backroom staff...

Whilst i dont like the position DRFC are in i cant agree with your precis of Saunders or Walker helping him out. Micky Walker was a thorn in the side of Dave Penny, he was also a thorn in the side of Sean O'Driscoll, and unless leopards can change their spots will be for Dean Saunders.
ALL managers have to start somewhere, Alex Ferguson through to bottom of conference , all have to start somewhere, some are known to jump straight into a managers job at a club and do well ( Dalglish), others have to work up to success. Personally i think Saunders will make things work.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 2:04:28

NorthRed wrote:Yorkie we all have fans like that, Barnsley fans some of the worse going for getting on at the team. We win one match and half of them then expect us to win the league, then wen we start losing to a team its all boo's and Hill ant got a clue!! A complete set of mongo's them lot.
I like Keith Hill, his attitude and the lot. The problem is most Barnsley fans dunt like to hear the truth so make up conspiracy theories, Hill has fallen out with Haynes, a blokes dog told me when he ran on't training ground and shit like that.
They all need to get a grip and realise the situation clubs our size are actually in!!

Anybody we know... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 21 Nov - 3:16:27

if I'm really honest I hate this, I hate what the club is becoming. My first gut instinct was it was a bad idea but I've tried to get behind it (as said there's not a lot we can do about it) But now I don't see the point of pretending

Its nothing against John Ryan or Willie McKay or Dean Saunders in particular but to me if you were going to bring in some untried, untested transfer policy the time was in pre-season, not when you're already at the bottom of the league. And scratch the surface - just exactly what are we getting? A left back who wasn't regarded as good enough by his current Championship club, a right back the wrong side of 30 who alledgedly has a deal to move on to already sorted and now a 34 year old defender whose entire competitive football this season has been 3 minutes at the end of a Carling cup game - there's going to be a really hefty transfer fee/big money move for that one in January isn't there?

I actually like Saunders to a degree but I think he is tactically clueless and amidst all the crap that most of our players aren't Championship quality thats flying about various message boards - well they were a year ago so whats happened? Can an entire squad become bad players overnight (or in a few months) Saunders seems to be reduced to the 'well they were playing badly before I took over) well in 10 games he's made them even worse! His answer is to bring other players - well what happens when he has a first eleven entirely of his own signing and they're still playing with no tactics, no formation and basically no clue? The whole scheme is an example of todays disposable society - if it doesn't work don't bother trying to fix it, just go get a new one!

January will be interesting, not so much for who Saunders brings in (though if we're still rooted to the bottom playing like crap that's going to get more limited by the match) but for which of our current contracted players say "sod this, I'm off to somewhere where I will get decent coaching and my career won't get ruined more than it is already"

I hate to say it but if Billy wanted to ring Adkins at Southamption tomorrow and say he'd changed his mind about going there I wouldn't blame him one bit. In fact I'd offer to pay for the phone call!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Nov - 4:36:25

Good post Vikki and I have to say I am in complete agreement with the WHOLE of your post.
Whilst it looks crass to not congratulate Barnsley for the quality of their win yesterday and congratulate them on what a fine team they have..........I can't. The team that Rovers put out yesterday contained some class players as well as some lazy inept ones and they should have played with a fair bit more guile and passion than they did.

Forget that this was a 'derby' game, a game that every footballer usually relishes. It didn't matter one jot they were so poorly organised , lacking in any type of formation, passion or nounce. This can only be down to poor motivation (self/managerial), direction and adequate coaching. Sorry this is down to the manager who is not yet ready for the task at hand. As for Mickey Walker assisting him imo that suggestion carries no merit whatsoever .

Will the strategy work out ? Tbh I'm not sure that it will for the very reasons explained in the last 2 paragraphs of Vikki's well constructed post.

Finally that display or LACK of display yesterday must rank in my top 3 of most inept displays from the Rovers at any level I've seen in the last 40+ years. Quite frankly I was disgusted at the lack of any application, guts, quality or nounce. When all these parts of the game are missing from virtually every player, it usually smacks of huge discontent in the camp.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Nov - 4:47:11

On a lighter note has it been mentioned about Hoola had to use the disabled lift yesterday in the pub. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 4:49:25

pkt_drfc wrote:On a lighter note has it been mentioned about Hoola had to use the disabled lift yesterday in the pub. Laughing

Good point Pete...had to laugh when the zimmer got stuck in the doors.... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 21 Nov - 4:58:48

i'm staying out of this Laughing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 5:01:00

NIGHTMARE wrote:i'm staying out of this Laughing

Probably for the best Nightmare....haven't you got anything good to say about your manager... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 5:11:10

Oh and i blame Lewis Dunk for all of this... Mad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 21 Nov - 5:18:15

yorkie64red wrote:

Good point Pete...had to laugh when the zimmer got stuck in the doors.... lol!

Hope he hasn't damaged it, I could do with borrowing it at the moment
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 21 Nov - 5:22:26

Saunders is clueless and way out of his depth, he plays players out of position and seems devoid of any tactical ideas.
Yesterday said it all, he plays our best center half on the left wing (which he is crap at) and has our best wide player (Bennett) on the bench!!, played Martis who has been struggling with a groin injury and was injured before a ball had been kicked at center half which cost us the 1st goal, played stock who's been struggling so badly he hasn't trained for 2 weeks and was responsible along with JoC for the 2nd goal, and worse then all of the above sent out a team and failed to fire them up for a local derby. No pride, passion, team spirit or fight from ANY of them.
And then to cap it off with that pathetic post match interview, the bloke hasn't got a clue.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Nov - 5:26:54

SkellowRover wrote:Saunders is clueless and way out of his depth, he plays players out of position and seems devoid of any tactical ideas.
Yesterday said it all, he plays our best center half on the left wing (which he is crap at) and has our best wide player (Bennett) on the bench!!, played Martis who has been struggling with a groin injury and was injured before a ball had been kicked at center half which cost us the 1st goal, played stock who's been struggling so badly he hasn't trained for 2 weeks and was responsible along with JoC for the 2nd goal, and worse then all of the above sent out a team and failed to fire them up for a local derby. No pride, passion, team spirit or fight from ANY of them.
And then to cap it off with that pathetic post match interview, the bloke hasn't got a clue.

All wasted on the Dingles , they wanted you to say that they are the new Barca of the North.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 5:50:48

I do wonder what will happen if come may we are still Relegated...Mckays scheme won't work in league one we will by then have a totally alienated squad of players, probably some will be coming to the ends of their contracts and i doub't any new deals will have been offered to them...what will be left of the club in that eventuality...and who will want to come and pick up the pieces..i really can't see saunders still been manager if the worst happens..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Mon 21 Nov - 6:26:56

Dear old sky pundit Greham Souness said of Chelsea today "The manager needs to sit down with his big name players and ask if they understand what he asks of them, and if they feel that they cannot do what he asks".

The same can be said of Dean Saunders. Plainly he wont send them over the white line without some plan or other,its then up to the players to put the plan into operation.

Whatever yesterdays plan was it spectacularly failed.

If the players are unable or un willing to carry out Deans wishes, then they should not be in the side.

I do not believe Saunders is incapable of managing at this level, no more than O'Driscoll was.

What i believe is DRFC have an aging squad, and most of the influential players at the club are past their best.

Much the same as Chelsea
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 21 Nov - 6:39:20

VixDRFC wrote:if I'm really honest I hate this, I hate what the club is becoming. My first gut instinct was it was a bad idea but I've tried to get behind it (as said there's not a lot we can do about it) But now I don't see the point of pretending

Its nothing against John Ryan or Willie McKay or Dean Saunders in particular but to me if you were going to bring in some untried, untested transfer policy the time was in pre-season, not when you're already at the bottom of the league. And scratch the surface - just exactly what are we getting? A left back who wasn't regarded as good enough by his current Championship club, a right back the wrong side of 30 who alledgedly has a deal to move on to already sorted and now a 34 year old defender whose entire competitive football this season has been 3 minutes at the end of a Carling cup game - there's going to be a really hefty transfer fee/big money move for that one in January isn't there?

I actually like Saunders to a degree but I think he is tactically clueless and amidst all the crap that most of our players aren't Championship quality thats flying about various message boards - well they were a year ago so whats happened? Can an entire squad become bad players overnight (or in a few months) Saunders seems to be reduced to the 'well they were playing badly before I took over) well in 10 games he's made them even worse! His answer is to bring other players - well what happens when he has a first eleven entirely of his own signing and they're still playing with no tactics, no formation and basically no clue? The whole scheme is an example of todays disposable society - if it doesn't work don't bother trying to fix it, just go get a new one!

January will be interesting, not so much for who Saunders brings in (though if we're still rooted to the bottom playing like crap that's going to get more limited by the match) but for which of our current contracted players say "sod this, I'm off to somewhere where I will get decent coaching and my career won't get ruined more than it is already"

I hate to say it but if Billy wanted to ring Adkins at Southamption tomorrow and say he'd changed his mind about going there I wouldn't blame him one bit. In fact I'd offer to pay for the phone call!

Vix that was a class post and tells me all i wanted to hear. I do think it's a complete joke whats happening at your place and all the players you had last season must be gutted and ready to move on!! Got to hand it to Billy Sharp for the loyalty he has shown Rovers cos a lot of players of his quality would have been off. But is the carry on affecting the way the Donny players play?? By Donny players i mean the ones from last season that actually want to play for the club.
A manager can make all the difference, we were the other way around. The players that were at Barnsley last season under Robins were pretty poor, Hill comes in and the same players, Steele, Butterfield, Foster, Gray and a few more are like new players!! I reckon Saunders will have you playing a long ball game before you know it!! Conference style!!
I just hope this mess all gets sorted for you lot, or it actually starts to work and proves everyone wrong because as much as i don't like Donny i enjoy Derby matches and the banter that goes with it!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 21 Nov - 6:44:58

We'll know more about this and how its working when the transfer window opens again
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next