The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy

+4
rabjohns
VixDRFC
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Billy - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy

Post by RedJ Mon 2 Jan - 16:16:39

like I said on the VSC (and I might have seen here before, I forget these things Razz) - has anybody thought his son being buried up this way could be a deciding factor in whether he stays or goes (if the latter, then where he does go)?
RedJ
RedJ
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Billy - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Jan - 19:50:10

Doncaster Rovers striker Billy Sharp says he is in no rush to leave the club.

Sharp is being linked with a whole host of clubs including Premier League sides Wigan Athletic, West Brom, Fulham and Stoke City.

The 25 year old continues to bang in the goals for struggling Rovers, netting his tenth of the season at Watford on New Years Day in just his seventeenth appearance of the season.

Sharp is in no rush to leave Rovers despite their lowly position and is only prepared to move when it is the right move for him.

Speaking in the Sun newspaper, Sharp said, 'I am not just going to go to a club because they come in for me at the start of January.

'I want it to be the right club. If it rumbles on for a month I'll keep scoring goals for Doncaster.'

Sharp has a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to other clubs when they make an offer now believed to be in the region of £1.85 million.

The clubs leading goalscorer admits that he wants to play Premiership football but will move to a fellow championship side if he feels he can help the side to promotion. 'I have spoken to the chairman and I knew there was going to be interest. Everyone knows I want to play in the Premier League and hopefully it will come.

'If I feel there is an opportunity to try and get in the Premier League by joining a Championship side I will have to consider it," continued Sharp.

Sharp says he will continue to do is best for Doncaster until the situation changes.

Rovers slipped back to the foot of the table at Watford on Saturday and Sharp admits that despite being happy at the club he does not want to be playing relegation football, Sharp continued. "Until the chairman tells me otherwise I'll be doing my best for Doncaster.

'I'm happy here because I'm scoring goals but I don't want to be playing relegation football.'

West Ham are the latest club to be linked with Sharp. The London club are beset with injuries at the moment and they have slipped out of the automatic promotion places over the festive period.

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=267530#ixzz1iNpMTuoM
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2