The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long will it be . . . .

+4
RedNinja
NorthRed
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
8 posters

Go down

How long will it be . . . .  Empty How long will it be . . . .

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 5:44:26

Before Willys setting fire to the keepmoat ????????

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

How long will it be . . . .  Empty Re: How long will it be . . . .

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Jan - 5:52:51

NIGHTMARE wrote:Before Willys setting fire to the keepmoat ????????

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry you've lost me. scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 6:00:11

Last time you where in the shite, and on downward spiral, the chairman had a burn up dint he ?
history as a nasty habit of repeating repeating its self Twisted Evil
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Jan - 6:03:16

NIGHTMARE wrote:Last time you where in the shite, and on downward spiral, the chairman had a burn up dint he ?
history as a nasty habit of repeating repeating its self Twisted Evil

We're not in the shite mate financially but you lot are. Wink lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 6:05:05

your worse then us
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Jan - 6:23:58

NIGHTMARE wrote:your worse then us

Really so we've got a benefactor who hasn't sorted out his Old Bailey charges yet, a stadium that's losing money hand over fist and needs revamping completely, we also have a penniless Board and presumably players who have no value. If you want some banter try coming back to me with arguments that have some credence.........you're making it far too easy son. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 6:49:53

Laughing Laughing Laughing a stadium that needs revamping completely, give up silly bollox its one of the best in the league and we built it ourself with out tax payer getting involved , we have a better team then you do, on a smaller wage bill, and according to The Don we are close to running on only the money the club generates, and by the start of next season we will be, and that's all down to the new rules that come into place soon, so wile other clubs try to find a way round the new rules we are already adhering to them,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 17 Jan - 7:27:25

I dunt think keepquiet would burn due to lack of wood and flammable things..... And thats coming from a bloke that quite likes fire!! Might be able to melt a few seats but nowt drastic. Maybe we should think about doing our old west stand in??
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 7:29:31

NorthRed wrote:I dunt think keepquiet would burn due to lack of wood and flammable things..... And thats coming from a bloke that quite likes fire!! Might be able to melt a few seats but nowt drastic. Maybe we should think about doing our old west stand in??

its best stand in ground its what a football stand should look like
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Tue 17 Jan - 7:43:02

Our stadium is quite modern it just doesn't have corner stand seating areas.
The only stand that lets the stadium down for appearance is the West stand, lets face it; If a pontyend or east stand lookalike was in the West stands place it would look a fantastic ground.

But of course, Donny fans are going to say the ground needs revamping for reasons I don't know. Question
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Jan - 8:11:11

RedNinja wrote:Our stadium is quite modern it just doesn't have corner stand seating areas.
The only stand that lets the stadium down for appearance is the West stand, lets face it; If a pontyend or east stand lookalike was in the West stands place it would look a fantastic ground.

But of course, Donny fans are going to say the ground needs revamping for reasons I don't know. Question

For the reasons that you have attacked our club first. Things to consider, your away end is shite uber shite and believe me the noise from your place is far from deafening too as are your supporters when they come to our place.
We are also aware of the new finance rules too and have set out on a new strategy that may or may not work (personally I'm not sure it will) but it is all we have.
I agree your West Stand is appalling and I get tired of hearing all this shite about how all the ''old and tired'' grounds are the best especially atmospherically........obviously your hole disproves that theory entirely.
Incidentally check out the figures , our ground was not entirely paid for by taxpayers and of course you have NEVER needed any help from Barnsley County Council have you ?

As for you having one of the best grounds in the League...........now I know you are having a giraffe. Do you think that you play at Old Trafford, The Emirates etc etc........come off it lol! PMSL. Whilst I admire your loyalty, I think you both need a sense of perspective here. Oh and of course you have never been in financial trouble have you!!

Keep kidding yourself lads because you won't convince us . lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 8:17:22

Say hello to Wednesday and United for us next season
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyVercetti Tue 17 Jan - 8:20:51

Do we already have no problems with the new financial rules? To cover the club's losses don't our shareholders just issue new shares and buy them up or something, which counts as income anyway? I may be wrong but I thought thats how it worked.
TommyVercetti
TommyVercetti
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Jan - 8:34:41

Sup Water & Mick Platt are stopping it,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 17 Jan - 9:23:29

NIGHTMARE wrote:Before Willys setting fire to the keepmoat ????????

Errr wouldn't he have to buy it first to get any benefit from an insurance claim Shocked

He's not going help the council out on that one lol!

Or maybe he is going to buy it Smile Smile Smile
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Tue 17 Jan - 10:15:37

The truth of the matter though is that Patrick Cryne made the changes to the running costs as an insurance policy for his enforced absence, if that was to happen. It had nothing to do with meeting any Uefa fair play policy.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Jan - 5:51:02

Silent Majority wrote:The truth of the matter though is that Patrick Cryne made the changes to the running costs as an insurance policy for his enforced absence, if that was to happen. It had nothing to do with meeting any Uefa fair play policy.

Poor old Dingles it's a ''Cryne'' shame in't it thar nose worra mee-an. Now that is the truth but the poor lambs haven't considered that reason SM. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 18 Jan - 7:10:00

Its not the truth because the clubs not in his name anyway and that to me would say that a lot of his capital as been switched, so who ever or what ever could still carry on pumping money in on his behalf without anyone knowing, if he wanted to but he's chose to go down the road fifa want all clubs to go down but set off on the trip before all the other clubs so we could be one of the first clubs to meet the rules and that can only be a good thing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Jan - 8:32:42

NIGHTMARE wrote:Say hello to Wednesday and United for us next season

Nah can't see both of them getting promoted this season . lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Jan - 8:37:19

NIGHTMARE wrote:Its not the truth because the clubs not in his name anyway and that to me would say that a lot of his capital as been switched, so who ever or what ever could still carry on pumping money in on his behalf without anyone knowing, if he wanted to but he's chose to go down the road fifa want all clubs to go down but set off on the trip before all the other clubs so we could be one of the first clubs to meet the rules and that can only be a good thing

Yeah, yeah , yeah of course he has NIGHTY. I understand you have good connections and are occasionally ITK but I can tell you that you are definitely wrong on this one, someone is ..........blowing smoke up your arse. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 18 Jan - 9:11:35

All I know is that Hill was doing a bit of sniping in the YP saying the £1.85M clause in Billy's contract is more than he'll have to spend

Like Saunders would have been gifted £1.85M if Billy went lol! I doubt he's been given $1.85 for transfer fees
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Jan - 10:21:03

VixDRFC wrote:All I know is that Hill was doing a bit of sniping in the YP saying the £1.85M clause in Billy's contract is more than he'll have to spend

Like Saunders would have been gifted £1.85M if Billy went lol! I doubt he's been given $1.85 for transfer fees

It's been stated in the past that any profit on a Sharp deal would NOT necessarily go back into the team, in fact they (the Board and DS) have said all along it wouldn't and tbf why should it.
Dingles haven't got cash to spend END OF, not because they're trying to live within this/that rule but something far simpler..........they ant gorr any coin. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 20 Jan - 10:59:17

NIGHTMARE wrote:Its not the truth because the clubs not in his name anyway and that to me would say that a lot of his capital as been switched, so who ever or what ever could still carry on pumping money in on his behalf without anyone knowing, if he wanted to but he's chose to go down the road fifa want all clubs to go down but set off on the trip before all the other clubs so we could be one of the first clubs to meet the rules and that can only be a good thing

I'm sorry nightmare but you are so wrong. The club is held in a trust, which has one major shareholder, a Mr Patrick Cryne. He has his difficulties, which he has yet to face, and adopted this strategy some while ago, which is the major reason Mark Robbins is no longer with you.

I do know quite a bit about your club, but for certain reasons I hesitate to explain everything, but Uefa fair play policy has absolutely nothing to do with the way your club has developed this season.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 21 Jan - 5:39:00

Meanwhile, everybody seems to have missed the glaringly obvious point that willy is not our chairman...

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 21 Jan - 6:51:34

Silent Majority wrote:

I'm sorry nightmare but you are so wrong. The club is held in a trust, which has one major shareholder, a Mr Patrick Cryne. He has his difficulties, which he has yet to face, and adopted this strategy some while ago, which is the major reason Mark Robbins is no longer with you.

I do know quite a bit about your club, but for certain reasons I hesitate to explain everything, but Uefa fair play policy has absolutely nothing to do with the way your club has developed this season.

It's all gone quiet over there, it's all gone quiet over there etc.................. Razz
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down