The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommorow..

+6
Upwind
donnyroversfc
SkellowRover
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tommorow.. Empty Tommorow..

Post by yorkie64red Mon 18 Jun - 7:49:11

Well its almost upon us so will lady luck finally get us a home game to start and i wouldn't mind a boxing day home game as well...oh and not been greedy but a nice weekend away in the summer..maybe Bournmouth,, Smile well tommorow morning we will know..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Tommorow.. Empty Re: Tommorow..

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 18 Jun - 7:53:16

I am going for Crawley bound to be. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 18 Jun - 7:53:54

I doubt you will get all your wishes, however there is something happening that is far more important for our supporters tomorrow and hopefully we may have some explanations as to our future.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 18 Jun - 7:57:43

hoolahoop wrote:I doubt you will get all your wishes, however there is something happening that is far more important for our supporters tomorrow and hopefully we may have some explanations as to our future.

I doub't people will get the chance to ask many questions...an hour isn't long enough..it will be a stage managed event i'm afraid...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 18 Jun - 9:17:12

Dont know if i can make tomorrow night now as i'm meant to be going night fishing to the Trent at 8pm until Tuesday tea time (Back for England match) because our session got cancelled this weekend 'cos of the weather, so might be a bit tight time wise. If i can't at least i can listen/watch it live on rovers player.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 18 Jun - 19:09:16

Nope Lady luck has F**ked off once again Away on all key dates
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 18 Jun - 19:29:16

Love it!!

Away days are the best, so as i'd rather us be away for the key dates in the football fixture.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Mon 18 Jun - 21:09:45

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 18 Jun - 22:55:58

We've Middlesborough at Home to start with. Should be a decent crowd for that!! Brighton away the Saturday after so it's time to book a nice b&b down there!! Anyone recommend any???
Finish the season away Huddersfield!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Tue 19 Jun - 0:58:42

NorthRed wrote:We've Middlesborough at Home to start with. Should be a decent crowd for that!! Brighton away the Saturday after so it's time to book a nice b&b down there!! Anyone recommend any???
Finish the season away Huddersfield!!

I've heard that the 'Shirt Lifters Inn' on Bendergate is quite cosy Suspect - although I've never been down that road myself...........

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 19 Jun - 1:52:58

Dunt know if our lass will like that B & B but what the hell we'll give it a go!! Laughing
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 2:47:38

Wow first bit of news from the fans forum, the media one has just finished and DW & TB said they have never been away and have never stopped spending...... BULLSHIT!!!

Bramall is NEVER at matches and last year JR even said TB had stopped investing and it's well known that Bramall never put a penny in last year by certain people high up at the club. So who's the liar, JR or Mr Bramall?
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 19 Jun - 2:49:17

SkellowRover wrote:Wow first bit of news from the fans forum, the media one has just finished and DW & TB said they have never been away and have never stopped spending...... BULLSHIT!!!

Bramall is NEVER at matches and last year JR even said TB had stopped investing and it's well known that Bramall never put a penny in last year by certain people high up at the club. So who's the liar, JR or Mr Bramall?

The whole board are liars, have been for some time!

Is it ok to post that on this forum? I know the 'other' forum would be full of tears if it was posted on there.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 2:56:16

Also a few 'interesting' tweets from Paul Goodwin on the 14th....

"JR says #drfc have "several irons in fire" but he is unaware of any signing."

"Somebody tell JR about Syers. Like me, he thought Dean was still on holiday. His green jumpered manager obviously had other ideas! "

"The arrival of David Syers begs one obvious question: where did the money for his contract come from? "

So it seems JR knew nothing, we have no money & as far as he was aware Saunders was on holiday.
So the questions are...
1. Who funded this deal?
2. Who authorised the deal?
3. Why was JR kept out of the loop?

Some people may think everything is all rosy at the club but i know for a fact they're not, for me the things that are happening and things that i know have happened recently worry me.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 3:07:56

I just hope the following gets asked....

1. Why did DW & TB quite the board in the first place? Yes the club gave ‘health reasons’ for Dick Watsons departure yet he still attended games after this and looked perfectly healthy. Also this reason was just for Dick Watson, why did Terry Bramall and 2-3 other members of Dick Watsons family resigning from the board and walk out?

2. How have the rest of the board reacted to the return of the Keepmoat 2 when it was down to them keeping the club running last season after Dick Watson, Terry Bramall and others from the Watson family walked out on the club when things were going wrong? as this could surely cause unrest at board level?

3. Why have the Keepmoat 2 only decided to return to the club AFTER we have control of the ground and site?

4. Who funded and authorised the Syers deal and why was JR not informed?

Question 2 is very important Shocked
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 4:21:09

Haha Terry Bramall can't attend and face questions as he has a prior engagement. So in the 4 years or so he's been around he has avoided any contact with fans and questions.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 4:21:34

Listening on player by the way, got to go fishing at half 7 Sad
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 4:31:24

Why isn't Saunders there either? Shocked
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 19 Jun - 4:32:06

Is it free to listen on player?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 4:39:25

nope but i subscribe anyway for interviews etc
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 19 Jun - 5:06:45

Well all that fuss for basically a glorified rallying of the fans, nothing learned that was already known and a hell of a lot more questions left unanswered that the club need to answer.....
1. No clarification on the board situation in regards to any changes at boardroom level and how other directors felt about the retern of the KM2.
2. No reason given for board resignation of TB last season and what has changed to make him all of a sudden become interested.
2. No reason for why DW & TB have returned and no clarification as to whether they have rejoined the board of directors as between them they control the club.
3. Nothing brought up about expansion and development on the site.

All we got was a 2 year business plan in place with no great detail gone into regarding it, JR quickly telling us the experiment was over and then moving onto the next topic, the unveiling of the new kits, new catering, and how every penny u spend at the ground now helps the club, the reason DS never came out with ther players was because we shouldnt do a lap of honour after being relegated which is rubbish as it was to show appreciation to the fans not a lap of honour and the evening came to a close with JR taking a snide pot shot at SoD.

SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 19 Jun - 5:16:29

Pffft, sounds fantastic... /sarcasm
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 19 Jun - 6:49:19

Well the free food was nice... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 19 Jun - 6:52:35

Well it sounds like the free food was the highlight of the forum...

Glad that my 'cowardly' actions won and i never attended.

I don't like pie.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 19 Jun - 6:54:21

donnyroversfc wrote:Well it sounds like the free food was the highlight of the forum...

Glad that my 'cowardly' actions won and i never attended.

I don't like pie.

I had the hotdog...and the pie...and the sausage roll....very nice all of it.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next