The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who is your man of the season so far

+5
pkt_drfc
SkellowRover
hoolahoop
dickos1
the vicar
9 posters

Go down

who is your man of the season so far Empty who is your man of the season so far

Post by the vicar Thu 25 Oct - 7:18:34

Mine is Rob Jones by a mile followed by Cotterill what do you all think

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

who is your man of the season so far Empty Re: who is your man of the season so far

Post by dickos1 Thu 25 Oct - 9:36:56

Easy... Jones

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

who is your man of the season so far Empty Re: who is your man of the season so far

Post by hoolahoop Thu 25 Oct - 10:01:55

Jones by a country mile.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 25 Oct - 20:13:31

and so say all of us

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 25 Oct - 20:14:04

and so say all of us

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

and so say all of us

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

and so say all of us

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Thu 25 Oct - 21:07:35

Jones by a country mile
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 25 Oct - 22:08:39

Jones as well for me
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Thu 25 Oct - 23:05:06

Saunders, for signing Jones

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 25 Oct - 23:22:58

Filo wrote:Saunders, for signing Jones
Smile
Jones followed by saunders for dragging some great results out of nothing

Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 29 Oct - 21:20:20

i will never no how we got him for nothing cant understand y wendys let him go at all

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 30 Oct - 5:39:48

the vicar wrote:i will never no how we got him for nothing cant understand y wendys let him go at all

Just a guess but maybe he's not up to the standard of league they are playing in this season, some players look world beaters at your level and just can't step up to the challenge of the Championship.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 30 Oct - 7:16:03

but they never gave him a chance so they will never no but he will get the chance with us i hope

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 30 Oct - 9:38:39

To be fair Nighty does have a point as he wasn't much cop for Scunny in the Championship
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 31 Oct - 0:07:08

but lets face it he could only play with who was around him and wendys saw enough to sign him

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 31 Oct - 2:35:56

Yeah they did sign him but to play in L1, just like we have. Don't get me wrong he has been fantastic this season and my favourite player in our current team but what i saw of him in the championship with Scunny was poor and i doubt Wednesday would have let him go if they thought he could do a job for them at that level. The strikers and attacking play i've seen this season so far in L1 isn't a patch on the championship.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Wed 31 Oct - 3:48:23

Lets face it Skellow there us just the odd team in the Championship that think lumping it forward to a big centre forward is the best tactic, in Div 3 almost every team thinks it's the best tactic. No wonder Jones excels at this level, he only struggles as he did against Brentford a couple of times, when a through ball is played and he has to turn and chase but thats when you are looking for your CH partner or FB to cover for you.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Wed 31 Oct - 5:22:12

give him a chance i think he is playing better forus than the wendys so lets see how he goes on if and when we go up

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Thu 1 Nov - 6:55:33

Fraid you've got me wrong there Vicar, I really rate Mr Jones but wonder about how he would perform in the Championship when it's not just hoofball every game. Thats why I said about people covering for him.
Captain Marvellous for us so far, give him player of the season now. JMHO cheers
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down