The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bournemouth V Doncaster

+2
VixDRFC
donnyroversfc
6 posters

Go down

Bournemouth V Doncaster Empty Bournemouth V Doncaster

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 7 Mar - 2:21:32

Next up is Bournemouth then... They've lost 4 on the bounce, so are very beatable!

If i was Flynn, i'd be ruthless with team selection now. Going on us probably not signing any loanees before this and Jones being injured, i'd go with this team (and yes, im serious!);

_________________Maxted

Quinn____McCombe____Spurr____Husband

Cotterill_ Lundstram__Middleton__Coppinger

_______________Hume
________________Paynter

Subs: Bennett, Sinclair, Wakefield, Griffin, Howieson, Ball, G.Woods.

Win 1-0

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Bournemouth V Doncaster Empty Re: Bournemouth V Doncaster

Post by VixDRFC Thu 7 Mar - 9:20:35

Not too much wrong with that apart from I'm not sure I'd play Maxted and you've said in a previous topic Paynter isn't good enough and you think Bennett is so why are you choosing Paynter over Bennett?

Harry Middleton deserves a chance, he's one of my ex-students so would love to see him start
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 7 Mar - 10:02:35

VixDRFC wrote:Not too much wrong with that apart from I'm not sure I'd play Maxted and you've said in a previous topic Paynter isn't good enough and you think Bennett is so why are you choosing Paynter over Bennett?

Harry Middleton deserves a chance, he's one of my ex-students so would love to see him start

Like it too but I would go with Gary Woods . Bringing young Maxted in for this match is far too risky and will put pressure on both of our keepers irrespective of what has been happening.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 7 Mar - 11:27:51

Vix, my reasoning for putting Paynter in the side is because we have no other striker (excluding Hume... Sinclair seems to be a ghost) and with Jones injured, a reshuffle at left wing is needed due to not having a centre back who's ready (Wakefield).

On the goalkeeper point...If we play Gary Woods, we would risk him making mistakes. If we play Maxted, we risk him making mistakes. We are in the same boat either way and atleast with Woodsy getting dropped it might be the kick up the backside that he needs and make him think his position isn't safe, like it has been.

I've heard nothing but great things about Middleton, so with him in the side he might offer the 'legs and energy' that Syers gives us?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 7 Mar - 16:53:14

By playing Woods it might help get his confidence back (providing no mistakes) as the games a long way away and it'll probably be a smallish Rovers following.
I think he's got to be left in goal at the moment, personally I think dropping Maxted into such an important point in our season wouldn't be the right decision................................yet
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 8 Mar - 0:18:04

Will our following really be that small though? It's a Saturday, weather looks to be good, plus it's the supporters club day trip isn't it? Besides, i don't think it's the amount in attendance that is Woods' problem!

According to twitter... Jones is definitely out, G.Woods is a doubt anyway and Howieson is set to start (presumably Harper's weekend job as a traffic warden has played part in that). Also looking to get Sully back!

Imo Sully is well past it and is weaker than Gary Woods... We know what they are both like, so i'd still like to see Flynn give Maxted a go. Afterall he's about the youth and all that isn't he?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Fri 8 Mar - 2:09:41

Chris Brown will be available for Bournemouth game this Sat.

Maxted
Quinn McCombe Spurr Husband
Cotterill Lundstram Howieson Coppinger
Hume Paynter

Subs: Sullivan, Brown, Bennett, Sinclair, Harper, Griffins, Middleton
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 3:49:46

Now that IS good news. As long as Pointer is nowhere near a blade of grass on Satdi ......I'll be far happier.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 8 Mar - 10:08:47

Woods
Quinn
Mcoombe
Spurr
Husband

Cotterill
Lundstrum
Quinn
Coppinger

Brown
Painter

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 8 Mar - 10:58:41

dickos1 wrote:Woods
Quinn
Mcoombe
Spurr
Husband

Cotterill
Lundstrum
Quinn
Coppinger

Brown
Painter

Wot no Willo lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 10 Mar - 4:47:49

Well that results made my day.
I'm down in Mablethorpe opening the caravan up, its been absolutely lashing it down all day costing a fortune in calor gas to keep the fire on for hours and hours do I care, do I eck.
I'm even going to brave the wind and rain a bit later and get over the clubhouse and have a pint or two (or seven or ten Razz )
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 10 Mar - 5:02:16

It was like being in Majorca at kick off and then 20 mins in it was like being in North Pole, sea mist came in. Was bloody freezing.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 10 Mar - 5:32:54

dickos1 wrote:It was like being in Majorca at kick off and then 20 mins in it was like being in North Pole, sea mist came in. Was bloody freezing.

Sea mist has got no chance with the rain here,
Was it a decent game, the internets not good enough to get player, it struggles to get any sort of connection most of the time (memo to self, make sure caravan site has free wifi next time)
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 10 Mar - 10:03:20

Yes was a good game mate, we soaked up pressure and looked dangerous going forward.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 10 Mar - 10:27:48

Great result, well done to all the team and supporters who were clearly heard on Player. RTID
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down