The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bournemouth run in

5 posters

Go down

Bournemouth run in Empty Bournemouth run in

Post by ravenrover Sun 17 Mar - 6:30:00

Just had a look at Bournemouths run in and it couldn't, on paper, be any easier.
Results like todays against Pompey could see us ending up in the playoffs with Bentford and Bournemouth edging both us and the Blades out of the top 2.
If Brentford beat the Blades in their next game it will be squeaky bum time if we don't do the business against Scunthorpe Shocked
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Bournemouth run in Empty Re: Bournemouth run in

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 17 Mar - 8:51:56

We are going to sort Scunny out ........I've had a dream Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 17 Mar - 8:59:10

Dagenham Rover wrote:We are going to sort Scunny out ........I've had a dream Shocked

Oh SHIT prepare for the 5-0 LOSS then. lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 17 Mar - 9:23:48

pkt_drfc wrote:

Oh SHIT prepare for the 5-0 LOSS then. lol! lol!

and i'm going Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 19 Mar - 5:37:35

ravenrover wrote:Just had a look at Bournemouths run in and it couldn't, on paper, be any easier.
Results like todays against Pompey could see us ending up in the playoffs with Bentford and Bournemouth edging both us and the Blades out of the top 2.
If Brentford beat the Blades in their next game it will be squeaky bum time if we don't do the business against Scunthorpe Shocked

We found out on Satdi that what's on paper doesn't necessarily get you the wins. Often there's more to beware of from those fighting for survival, relaxed and coasting or in the case of Pompey fighting for their pride. Bournemouth won't get anywhere near the auto spots..........look at the table raven . Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Tue 19 Mar - 20:00:29

I hope you are correct Hoola, but I can see them winning most, if not all their remaining games. 85 points will be there or there abouts.
I've always been a bit of a pessimist, and our Jekyll and Hyde performances don't inspire me with a deal of confidence. I won't be going to Scunny but hope I make all the other games except probably the most important....... Brentford! My missus has arranged for us to be away that weekend! So if we are going to do it we need to have it done after the County game.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 20 Mar - 6:39:56

ravenrover wrote:I hope you are correct Hoola, but I can see them winning most, if not all their remaining games. 85 points will be there or there abouts.
I've always been a bit of a pessimist, and our Jekyll and Hyde performances don't inspire me with a deal of confidence. I won't be going to Scunny but hope I make all the other games except probably the most important....... Brentford! My missus has arranged for us to be away that weekend! So if we are going to do it we need to have it done after the County game.

I might live to regret this but I think we will be confirmed champions before the final game. There's nowt wrong with pessimism it does help you not to runaway with ideas.
However our opponents are slipping up as often as we are and we have the points on the table. The form table reflects exactly that, if you were a racing driver this is exactly the pole position that you would seek to keep advantage of and should maintain The desperation of our opponents should in all likelyhood now make them more susceptible to sucker punches from those teams with either nowt to play for or worried about surviving. RTID

Keep our heads together and we will be just fine.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 20 Mar - 18:14:53

Well I'm due to be working the weekend of the Brentford game but just in case I've put in for some holiday
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 31 Mar - 22:57:33

Well that's 4 on the trot since we beat them, still stick by what I said earlier they could very well end up with 84 points, where are we going to get the 4 wins and a draw that we need just to pip Bournemouth.
Sorry Hoola but if you can't see Bournemouth getting anywhere near the playoffs it doesn't say a lot for our chances Crying or Very sad
I can't really see us winning all our last 6 matches, I reckon the playoffs are the best we can hope for, hope I am very wrong!!!
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 1 Apr - 5:14:33

ravenrover wrote:Well that's 4 on the trot since we beat them, still stick by what I said earlier they could very well end up with 84 points, where are we going to get the 4 wins and a draw that we need just to pip Bournemouth.
Sorry Hoola but if you can't see Bournemouth getting anywhere near the playoffs it doesn't say a lot for our chances Crying or Very sad
I can't really see us winning all our last 6 matches, I reckon the playoffs are the best we can hope for, hope I am very wrong!!!

Nah there's some twists and turns in this yet but I still expect us to take one of the auto spots..........fingers crossed. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Uncle Wed 3 Apr - 1:16:16

hoolahoop wrote:

Nah there's some twists and turns in this yet but I still expect us to take one of the auto spots..........fingers crossed. Cool

Raven - I will lay you any wager you like that Bournemouth don't end up with 84 points

(P.S. They are on 73 with 4 to play - and it is thus mathematically impossible for them to end up on 84 Smile )

Dutch Uncle
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 3 Apr - 3:26:26

Dutch Uncle wrote:

Raven - I will lay you any wager you like that Bournemouth don't end up with 84 points

(P.S. They are on 73 with 4 to play - and it is thus mathematically impossible for them to end up on 84 Smile )

yep you are right they could end up with 85 or 83 but not 84, I never even thought about working it out
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Apr - 6:11:13

Dagenham Rover wrote:

yep you are right they could end up with 85 or 83 but not 84, I never even thought about working it out

Dutch and daggers what a team. Cool How are you going to get around their argument now ravenrover ? Razz
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Fri 5 Apr - 3:08:05

Well ermmmmmm Embarassed
It's like my old maths teacher at DVHS put on my 3rd year annual report circa 1966
"Tries hard, but has difficulties"
Fair and square, pants down 10 lashes.
85 it is then, still think they will do it, but really hope not. 1 defeat for them makes all the difference for us.
Mindst you 4 more performances like Saturday and it wont matter what the others get. cheers
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 5 Apr - 3:52:55

ravenrover wrote:Well ermmmmmm Embarassed
It's like my old maths teacher at DVHS put on my 3rd year annual report circa 1966
85 it is then, still think they will do it, but really hope not. 1 defeat for them makes all the difference for us.
Mindst you 4 more performances like Saturday and it wont matter what the others get. cheers

lol!

You are dead right about the performance though bounce
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 5 Apr - 5:13:32

ravenrover wrote:Well ermmmmmm Embarassed

Pleased to see that you're now getting the idea raven. Basically it's ours to lose and I don't expect us to lose it. I'm going for us and Brentford for auto promotion. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Fri 5 Apr - 23:08:58

Been even better if you had seen my deliberate (cough cough) mistake it should have been Monday not Saturday! Smile
I did fear the worst though it was my beloved's 1st game this season and the last time she went to the KM we lost to Middlesboro 0-4, we actually met on the terracing behind the Donny end at BV over 40 years ago........ doesn't time fly affraid
It's the daughters turn against Carlisle on Tuesday for her annual visit so here's hoping
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 6 Apr - 0:35:17

ravenrover wrote:Been even better if you had seen my deliberate (cough cough) mistake it should have been Monday not Saturday! Smile
I did fear the worst though it was my beloved's 1st game this season and the last time she went to the KM we lost to Middlesboro 0-4, we actually met on the terracing behind the Donny end at BV over 40 years ago........ doesn't time fly affraid
It's the daughters turn against Carlisle on Tuesday for her annual visit so here's hoping

Then you picked out a proper game for her to watch, let's hope it's a double against Carlisle. Tell them they can come more often . Cool Great place for a 1st date though, good to see you have your priorities right Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 21 Apr - 6:39:24

Hate to resurrect this post but................!!!!!!!!!!
8 on the bounce that's Bournemouth up as Champions, IMHO, it's all or nothing on Saturday now and another performance like today will see us playing The Blades in the play-offs and I don't fancy our chances.
That was probably the most inept team performance I've seen all season.=, and hate to say it but Mr Cotterill carried on in the same vein of form he has been showing in the last few weeks but he wasn't on his own today!
Managed to persuade the missus to let me go to Brentford so I really do hope it was worth it!
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down