The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Squad...

+3
hoolahoop
the vicar
donnyroversfc
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our Squad... Empty Our Squad...

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 7 Mar - 5:01:36

L1 will only improve next season... And if we are in the championship, we'll be laughed at with our squad. Lets discuss who's good enough and who isn't (of our CURRENT SQAUD - loans etc. included)? (just trying to keep the forum a bit active tbf Laughing )

Good Enough For The Championship:
Starters:
James Husband
Paul Quinn (Not contracted)
Rob Jones? (on the basis he has a pacey football type next to him?)
David Cotterill
Tommy Spurr (Not contracted)
Iain Hume (Not contracted)
James Coppinger

Squad:
Gary Woods (He's not a #1)
Paul Keegan (different standard in the championship)... (injury prone)... (Not contracted)
Kyle Bennett (Personally i think he's good enough but he'll be off anyway)... (Not contracted)
Chris Brown (too injury prone)
David Syers (too injury prone)... (proved nothing yet)

Then you have your youngsters who clearly aren't ready to be included in a championship squad yet. Squad of 12 if out of contracters stay lol!

Not Good Enough/Get Rid:
Martin Woods (had enough chances, can't stay fit!)
Billy Paynter (not good enough)
Robbie Blake (forgot he even existed)
Jamie McCombe (too slow and wouldn't step up)
Emile Sinclair (Can't even get in our shite team Laughing )
Andy Griffin (If he can't get in our side in L1, he wont in the championship)
James Harper (Safe to say he wont be here)
Lee Fowler (great signing... Not. Bye)

League One:
Would be the exact same as the championship imo... Although we'd probably lose 5 of the 'starters' to better/higher clubs...

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Our Squad... Empty Re: Our Squad...

Post by the vicar Thu 7 Mar - 6:23:51

and how do you know all of this when you dont even go to games

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 7 Mar - 6:43:53

Because you have it in your head that i've never seen us, or any of these players play... You are ofcourse, wrong.

I've seen the quality of the championship, and i've seen enough of most of these players (for us and/or other teams) to gauge how they are!

Come on then, what's your list?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 7 Mar - 8:32:31

any player that plays for DRFC cos i AM a true fan home and away

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 7 Mar - 10:06:37

the vicar wrote:any player that plays for DRFC cos i AM a true fan home and away

Take it you don't feel like a debate then vicar. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 7 Mar - 11:17:39

Well i never knew this thread was titled 'how many games do you go to'. My eyes must be deceiving me... Although i can still type properly with fully coherent sentences, which is more than some can, so i'm unsure scratch

Lets just keep the squad then because ''any player that plays for DRFC'' whatever that means.

I've been to over 70 different stadiums/grounds to watch football, so i clearly never go... But that has nothing what so ever to do with next seasons squad rebuilding! Deary me.

Can we just debate the subject, or shall we just close this forum down if it's gunna be constant drivel all the time?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 7 Mar - 20:19:53

its not just if u dont go dont complain as you dont no all the facts end of

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 8 Mar - 0:28:45

Post deleted .

Last edited by hoolahoop on Sat 9 Mar - 4:12:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Personal abuse.)
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Fri 8 Mar - 1:59:09

I wonder why old manager Dean Saunders signed crap players like Harper & Sinclair at Donny Shocked and he disappointed me.
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 3:53:09

the vicar wrote:its not just if u dont go dont complain as you dont no all the facts end of

How can you have a 'vibrant' forum if you're going to stifle any debate in such a way vicar ? Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 8 Mar - 6:21:51

im not trying to stifle it just hate people complaining about players if they never go and then going on about my grammer or lack of it

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 6:34:50

the vicar wrote:im not trying to stifle it just hate people complaining about players if they never go and then going on about my grammer or lack of it

Understand slightly your first point but not sure I can see your second point have I missed summat mate Surprised ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 8 Mar - 7:07:20

i just hate people ganging on about players when they dont go to games

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 7:40:00

the vicar wrote:i just hate people ganging on about players when they dont go to games

Then the players should learn to spell especially with the wages they're on. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 8 Mar - 9:15:57

lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 8 Mar - 9:18:14

but y should someone make fun of someones grammer we are not all as lucky as some are we h

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 9:31:39

donnyroversfc wrote:Nobody is complaining...

Infact i can't be bothered with you if you clearly aren't interested in debating the subject of this thread. You've either not read my original post, are thick, or both. Judging by your posts i would hazard a guess at both. Clearly your English teacher failed you... Badly.

I'm the only one who has tried getting a debate going on this forum recently, to keep the place atleast a little bit active. It'll be non-existant now.

Bye

Do you want me to be pedantic and correct the incorrect grammar in this post donnyrovers ? I suggest that you proof read your own posts before having a dig at others.
Vicar is a good poster , please don't embarrass him in future. It's not good manners and I can see now why he won't debate with you. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 8 Mar - 9:54:55

hoola if he wants to meet me to talk about this in private i will any time

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 8 Mar - 10:05:10

The squad we have now is totally irrelevant when thinking about next year,, in the summer people were moaning for months that our squad wasn't good enough we didn't have this and we didn't have that.
Yet when the season started we were good enough, decide in August if our squad is good enough not 6 months before

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 8 Mar - 10:11:33

dickos1 wrote:The squad we have now is totally irrelevant when thinking about next year,, in the summer people were moaning for months that our squad wasn't good enough we didn't have this and we didn't have that.
Yet when the season started we were good enough, decide in August if our squad is good enough not 6 months before

Dicko's I find it all utterly amazing at the moment, I appreciate we should push (mind you its not our money as such) but most would have accepted mid table at the start, blimey we are doing better than expected..................again Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 8 Mar - 10:13:13

Of course we are daggers, were sat at the top of the chuffing table with only ten games to go, it's unbelievable really, yet people are still moaning.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 8 Mar - 10:38:06

I'm sure the mods know, it's not difficult to realise its you

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 8 Mar - 19:27:21

Quote deleted ......account to follow. Apologies Upwind as you have replied to this numnuts.

Reverting to type as always………………………. oh the ignorance of youth.

Goodbye son and I hope that time graces you with the wisdom and respect that currently evades you……………for the time being, better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by hoolahoop on Sat 9 Mar - 4:09:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of original quoted post.)

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 20:51:21

Upwind wrote:

Goodbye son and I hope that time graces you with the wisdom and respect that currently evades you……………for the time being, better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 20:54:54

Upwind wrote:

I will ensure that your account will be referred to Admin. for deletion as per your request. In the meantime I suggest that you take a good look at yourself and grow up.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next