The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just come across this web site

3 posters

Go down

just come across this web site Empty just come across this web site

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 6:28:43

NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

just come across this web site Empty Re: just come across this web site

Post by yorkie64red Mon 30 Nov - 6:36:26

Theres some good deals on there, World at War box set for £17 is a bargain along with the Blackadder boxset for a similar price, quite like how they have put a packet of Lemsip for a quid in there, anyway might just have helped me with a couple of christmas presents , thanks nightmare.. just come across this web site Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 6:40:28

This is a right deal

Classic Minder : The Complete Series [33 DVD Box Set] - £44.95 delivered @ Zavvi

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/539443/classic-minder-the-complete-series-
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 30 Nov - 6:46:06

NIGHTMARE wrote:This is a right deal

Classic Minder : The Complete Series [33 DVD Box Set] - £44.95 delivered @ Zavvi

[url=http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/539443/classic-minder-the-complete-series-
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/539443/classic-minder-the-complete-series-[/quote[/url]]

I thought Zavvi went bust last year around the same time as Woolies, guess they must have had a reprieve.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 6:50:32

Thanks for that link Nightmare. Think it'll help my boyfriend with some presents. Unfortunately I've already got most of mine but can always find some birthday presents for me on there. Smile
Yorkie, I though Zavvi had gone too, their shop has shut near me but they could have done a Woolies and just sell through the internet.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 30 Nov - 6:58:06

Terrier2009 wrote:Thanks for that link Nightmare. Think it'll help my boyfriend with some presents. Unfortunately I've already got most of mine but can always find some birthday presents for me on there. just come across this web site Icon_smile
Yorkie, I though Zavvi had gone too, their shop has shut near me but they could have done a Woolies and just sell through the internet.

Possibly, i think Littlewoods bought the woolies name and sell through a website, i was only saying today as i was trecking round Donny doing some Christmas shopping how much i miss Woolworths, i think it was this time of year when you really appreciated them and do miss them.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 6:59:46

Yeah, I used to love going in there with my pocket money and buying loads of presents for very little! Really wish they were still around so I could have a look for the last couple of presents I need.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 7:01:59

Zavvi did disappear but some stores have been bought by other companies and it's also been relaunched on the internet.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 7:07:05

On Monday 2 March 2009 at 10:00, the Zavvi website was re-launched, after being purchased by The Hut Group. The website sells entertainment products in addition to a new range of items including perfume. Whilst retaining the same branding, Zavvi.com now has no relations to the former high street entertainment retailer and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hut Group.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 7:08:06

You found that article too Nightmare.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 7:29:23

Yeah

For Wikipedia's non-encyclopedic visitor introduction, see Wikipedia:About.
Wikipedia

Wikipedia originally developed from another encyclopedia project, Nupedia
Wikipedia (pronounced /ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdi.ə/ WI-ki-PEE-dee-ə) is a free,[5] web-based, collaborative, multilingual encyclopedia project supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Its name is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's 14 million articles (3.1 million in English) have been written collaboratively by volunteers around the world, and almost all of its articles can be edited by anyone with access to the site. It was launched in 2001 by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger and is currently the largest and most popular general reference work on the Internet.
Critics of Wikipedia accuse it of systemic bias and inconsistencies (including undue weight given to popular culture), and allege that it favors consensus over credentials in its editorial process.Its reliability and accuracy are also claimed to be an issue.Other criticisms center on its susceptibility to vandalism and the addition of spurious or unverified information, though scholarly work suggests that vandalism is generally short-lived, and an investigation in Nature found that the material they compared came close to the level of accuracy of Encyclopædia Britannica and had a similar rate of "serious errors".
Wikipedia's departure from the expert-driven style of the encyclopedia building mode and the large presence of unacademic contents have been noted several times. When Time magazine recognized You as its Person of the Year for 2006, acknowledging the accelerating success of online collaboration and interaction by millions of users around the world, it cited Wikipedia as one of several examples of Web 2.0 services, along with YouTube, MySpace, and Facebook.Some noted the importance of Wikipedia not only as an encyclopedic reference but also as a frequently updated news resource because of how quickly articles about recent events appear.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 7:29:52

Thanks nightmare Laughing

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down