The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Sharp

5 posters

Go down

Billy Sharp Empty Billy Sharp

Post by yorkie64red Fri 4 Dec - 11:09:44

There was a piece on Radio Dee Daa tonight that said there was a Rumour that Billy might be a target for Barnsley, not sure if this was just a caller making the comment or one of the presenters , what do people think could there be any truth in this and would you be well and truly pissed off if he did end up making the short journey to Oakwell, i would hope that JR would be able to match any offer that Barnsley would make and do Barnsley actually need him.. Billy Sharp Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Billy Sharp Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by LuckyGirl Fri 4 Dec - 19:52:54

It does seem that the only sticking point to signing Billy has always been the wages he expects. Perhaps the recent highlighting of a number of CCC clubs facing financial difficulty might get him to realise that Rovers is worth another look. At least he'd have a decent wage, though not what he's used to.

I do think that financing may keep the January transfer window quieter as clubs try to balance improving their squads with staying out of administration, they will all have to think twice before spending where there is already substantial debt.

I just hope the Championship doesn't have any team going into administration and losing points - it would be a sad way to reshape the table.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 4 Dec - 20:04:12

LuckyGirl wrote:It does seem that the only sticking point to signing Billy has always been the wages he expects. Perhaps the recent highlighting of a number of CCC clubs facing financial difficulty might get him to realise that Rovers is worth another look. At least he'd have a decent wage, though not what he's used to.

I do think that financing may keep the January transfer window quieter as clubs try to balance improving their squads with staying out of administration, they will all have to think twice before spending where there is already substantial debt.

I just hope the Championship doesn't have any team going into administration and losing points - it would be a sad way to reshape the table.

I suppose the one glimmer of hope where Billy and Barnsley are concerned is that when they tried to sign Jamie Ward the wages at oakwell were a problem there as well hence why he went to the Blades, i think your right though, money seems to be tight across football at the moment and that might not be a bad thing where footballers expecting high wage demands, the whole game needs a reality check where money is concerned and the way it is going at the moment its unsustainable.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 5 Dec - 0:54:35

Jamie Ward wanted 8 grand a week mate. We are was not paying that for a league 2 player. Plus in those days, we had a wage cap of 6 grand becasue of administration, so we couldn't pay him 8.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 21:02:59

On Praise and Grunble last night, Seth i think it was was responding to a Blade who wanted Billy back at the lane by saying that it would not happen and that Billy would be either a Doncaster Rovers player in January or a Barnsly Player, i hope its the Latter.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Dec - 22:22:09

As i said to you Bri the other night JR will not let sharp go i think he will give billy what he wants the people you have got to worry about is stock if billy gets his £10k a week he wants stocky will want the same but believe me santa is going to bring us a late christmas present Billy Sharp 3 im not that good i can not get sharp face on the teddy but you get my point
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 7 Dec - 0:42:02

The way JR might get Billy is the same way he tried to get Matt Mills to stay. He accepts the wage structure of the club, gets paid £6K a week the same as Stocky and others but then gets a % of any fee that he would get for being sold on. That would give his greedy agent a nice fat fee when he moves on, which he probably would after a couple of good seasons and stop him from spoiling any deal we could agree. It helps that Billy has now been "integrated" into Rovers and is enjoying himself. He will now put pressure on his agent to settle hopefully.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 2:55:31

It would not surprise me if Billy actually decideds to stay a Utd player until the end of the season, that way he still gets his 11k a week or whatever he is on, by then if Blackwell was to get the push he would probably have done so , Billy may see that as a chance to get back to his Beloved Blades under a new manager, if by June Blackwell was still there then that could be the time when he decides to sign for someone else, hopefully that would be us but who knows, i would be gutted if he left us to go to somewhere like Barnsley if we can't compete with them then who can we compete with. Billy Sharp Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 7 Dec - 3:52:02

The Dingles don't pay £1,000,000 a year for their ground. That is the next hurdle for the club.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:10:26

East Yorks Rover wrote:The Dingles don't pay £1,000,000 a year for their ground. That is the next hurdle for the club.

Thats True, i think the Ground situation is what is stopping us offering comparative deals to our players that they could get elsewhere, hope it is resolved soon. Billy Sharp Icon_neutral
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down